Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Our tv has a picture setting called 'cinema' which seems to help lessen this a bit. I think 4k / UHD works really well for documentary type footage (for example, the F1 series on Netflix looks great in higher detail).

But yes, I agree. Having a picture that is too sharp / smooth is detrimental in many cases.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    no because i cannot afford the setup for a 4k monitor. i am confined to a mere 1080p. also sounds like a first world problem. i mean this kind of a post comes off to me as people with more disposable income complaining about shit that doesn't really matter.
    And lord knows that the Gen-OT forum is reserved strictly for things that matter.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Our tv has a picture setting called 'cinema' which seems to help lessen this a bit. I think 4k / UHD works really well for documentary type footage (for example, the F1 series on Netflix looks great in higher detail).

But yes, I agree. Having a picture that is too sharp / smooth is detrimental in many cases.
    4k is amazing for such. I watched the Amazon series, Britannia and the outdoor scenes in it where awesome. And I had no issues with the flaws in the actors, as it seemed to make it more realistic, esp, for the time line the series takes place.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams