Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Not really.

Or do you walk everywhere with a Switch in the pocket?
    I mean by having their games as mobile games they are promoting a competing platform to the switch.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    I mean by having their games as mobile games they are promoting a competing platform to the switch.
    The mobile games are promoting the Switch if anything since they are bare bones, shitty versions of the franchises you can play in full glory on the Switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Not really.

Or do you walk everywhere with a Switch in the pocket?
    'Hey there, is that a Switch in your pocket or....'

Quote Originally Posted by desertlizard View Post
    good, it was an awful bad idea in the first place
    From a buisness perspective, mobile market is a fucking huge gold mine. You could almost say it's a bad idea to pull out of the market. I have no doubt Fire Emblem Heros already made more money than any other Fire Emblem game or even some (or all) FE games combined with rather few ressources spend
    I just wish the japanese mobile market wasn't pretty much entirely all about the gacha games and their "buy currency to get those sweet SS+ (or whatever) characters!", but actual full games instead like The World Ends With You (i know it was a port from the DS, but still), but sadly those don't sell nearly as much because somehow, people think everything gotta be free on mobile. So they'd rather spend 5000 bucks on gacha stuff than 5 bucks on the same game with no gacha mechanics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    The idea that mobiles are a competing platform to Nintendo handhelds is only half true. The mobile market is absolutely allergic to paying for software up-front, and thus they get games designed around a more freemium drip-feed model. Someone buying a Switch probably have already decided that they want more full fledged console games to play on the go.

It's like the difference between someone playing games on facebook, and someone downloading steam to pay up front for games.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    From a buisness perspective, mobile market is a fucking huge gold mine. You could almost say it's a bad idea to pull out of the market. I have no doubt Fire Emblem Heros already made more money than any other Fire Emblem game or even some (or all) FE games combined with rather few ressources spend
    I just wish the japanese mobile market wasn't pretty much entirely all about the gacha games and their "buy currency to get those sweet SS+ (or whatever) characters!", but actual full games instead like The World Ends With You (i know it was a port from the DS, but still), but sadly those don't sell nearly as much because somehow, people think everything gotta be free on mobile. So they'd rather spend 5000 bucks on gacha stuff than 5 bucks on the same game with no gacha mechanics
    of course from a business perspective, its a loss, but that doesn't mean nintendo is getting poorer regarding with sales, anyhow the ports were horrible Mario Kart was a let down controles suitable for no one, super mario run, dr, mario all of those had nothing to do with the original port imo, call me an old stubborn man but those games had no soul in the first place