Poll: Putin Until 2036?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    he's never been all that popular, his election victories are historically an example of people expressing their support for the least worst choice
    Let's not forget fraud and manipulation, the lack of free press, the murdered journalists, the beaten up protestors, the imprisoned opposition politicians, etc., etc.

All I know that I will most likely see the day when Putin dies (no matter how) and will be able to see the shitshow that will follow. I doubt that there will be replacement, though. If there is no one after 20 years, there wont be after another 15 or so.
    So Russia, have fun with fighting for power after Tsar will be gone. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Term limits are undemocratic, you prevent the people the right to decide, last constitution was undemocratic n had added lots of copy-paste from foreign, western countries no voters in Russia had a say in...

Now they get to vote on it, (who voted in US constitution? Nobody, that's who
    People like you truly fascinate me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the vote was 127% to "please don't shoot".

And let's not forget they also outlawed gay marriage!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Looks like the vote was 127% to "please don't shoot".

And let's not forget they also outlawed gay marriage!
    You can still achieve gay marriage by a sex change. Even Iran allows that

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I suppose it's easier this way. If they are in for life, there is no need to be looking for another strongman after another to do all the thinking for you. Despots and tyrants don't grow on trees, you know. It's going to be so much more convenient you guys.

I'm sure over 100% will be in favor of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    I am absolutely certain there is no legal sex change in Russia, nor can you marry after one.
    Also, I am even more certain that in Iran it will also not work out in reality.
    Take that haters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I am absolutely certain there is no legal sex change in Russia, nor can you marry after one.
    Marriage after/before sex change is not clearly defined in the law and legally vauge but not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    in Iran it will also not work out in reality.
    Sex change is mandatory for gay couples in Iran since same sex intercourse is a violation of religious law and is punishable by death (I don't know if anyone ever did chose death instead)
    Last edited by Yadryonych; 2020-07-03 at 08:18 PM.

Marriage after/before sex change is not clearly defined in the law and legally vauge but not impossible.

Sex change is mandatory for gay couples in Iran since same sex intercourse is a violation of religious law and is punishable by death (I don't know if anyone ever did chose death instead)
    I am sure both of those things will surely go through due to legality
    Take that haters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then it’s not gay marriage then isn’t it? Y’all should just stop repeating this nonsense as if cultural relativism is remotely a cover for blatant bigotry.

Also, regarding the OP; mask off, all hail the new Red Tsar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Putin is incredibly smart and dedicated. Just imagine what he could have accomplished over the past few decades if his primary goal had been to make the lives of Russians better. With all those resources and willpower they could have legitimately became the most admired country on Earth. They could have been the culture that everyone wants to be a part of. They wouldn't have needed to fuck with everyone so much because everyone would already love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Putin is incredibly smart and dedicated. Just imagine what he could have accomplished over the past few decades if his primary goal had been to make the lives of Russians better. With all those resources and willpower they could have legitimately became the most admired country on Earth. They could have been the culture that everyone wants to be a part of. They wouldn't have needed to fuck with everyone so much because everyone would already love them.
    Just imagine if we all lived in a place where every country wanted to see the others prosper. Where there was no international rivalries or large corporate conglomerates looking to rape and plunder any land that they can.

Fighting off international bullies is looking after the interests of your people too.

10+ Year Old Account
    So many generations of youth going to waste once more and once his life has ended and a power vacuum is created it is going to be even worse as Russia still hasn't gotten the chance yet to be developed into a full representative democracy.

I truly do feel for the Russian youth, even if some are completely unaware of how this is a bad thing. Although it is not as black or white, i am sure those already well off in regions like Moscow will continue to do well.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Agreed. So many sad stories about the loss of potential.

This is why we should attempt to cause moral revolutions in other countries, so that even if they aren't democracies they'll still be free.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    This is why we should attempt to cause moral revolutions in other countries, so that even if they aren't democracies they'll still be free.
    Because the United States is in such a morally superior position right now to dictate morals onto other countries, right?

Did you just wake up from 2016?