Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    ill just wait for sales then for normals games and for MMorpg i doubt they will never reach that high anyways my main games i like to play.

The "game development costs have gone up" myth has been debunked so many times I honestly can't believe anyone tries to use it as an excuse anymore.

I guess it means that special editions will be even more expensive. A shame but it is what it is. Gaming hasn't been a cheap hobby for a while now. Just wait a couple of weeks after a game launches and you should be able to pick it up for a reduced price.

Why buy them? just wait a bit then pirate them lol

Remember when brand new games cost $30? Pepperidge Farm rememberers.

It's still the best ratio price / time invested if you compare it to other activities like going to the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    The amount of potential buyers have gone up way more than there was just 10 years ago.
    As has the number of competitors.

The tools to make games are better than ever and makes it easier and faster to create.
    And game complexity has gone up as well. So while some tools have made some aspects easier it is not overall easier to make a game today than 20 years ago.

Out of 1$ billion, 990$ million is spent on marketing and other crap that is not related to "making" the game
    Marketing is a cost of any business. You can't argue on one hand "The size of your market has greatly increased" and then in the same breath yell "How dare you spend money trying to reach that new market!"

Inflation.... not every country is america with terrible manipulated economy.
    Show me a first world economy that has maintained 0% inflation for the last 15 years.

Look at how much GTA 5 made just from selling the base game, still think games should increase in price?
    Cherrypicking a single game out of thousands does not make a strong argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancreatin View Post
    Why buy them? just wait a bit then pirate them lol
    Sure, if you want a trojin.

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    The "game development costs have gone up" myth has been debunked so many times I honestly can't believe anyone tries to use it as an excuse anymore.
    Sony went from spending 30-50 mil per game in the PS3 gen to 100-150 mil per game in the PS4 gen. Curious to see where you think they where "debunked" when these numbers are straight from the ex head of SIE in Sean Layden.

And I bet they'll still tack mountains of DLC pricing on it, too.

All that will result in is less purchases from me. 60 is already a pretty hefty price for what is almost always a half-finished game these days. If they do that, I'll just spend my money on something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    So? Nothing wrong about an AAA game costing 70 bucks...what are 70 bucks these days anyways.
    If it only were just 70 bucks. But all the microtransactions mean it is much more in reality.

i'd pay 70$ for a finished game, i'm so sick of early access.

The argument that the prices haven't risen are complete bullshit. Every other industry has prices go down due to competition. Just take a look at the solar industry. The prices for solar cells has steadily gone down due to better production methods, even though the technology might even be more delicate these days. What changed is that they have a larger market and bigger output, and the same is true for gaming. Gaming is no longer a niche market, the reach has increased drastically and one finished game reaches more people than 10 or 20 years ago. Especially these days when most of them are distributed digitally and they have cut out the middle men. Piracy has also gone way down thanks to always online DRM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Stop using this dumb excuse of cost going up.

The amount of potential buyers have gone up way more than there was just 10 years ago.

The tools to make games are better than ever and makes it easier and faster to create.

Out of 1$ billion, 990$ million is spent on marketing and other crap that is not related to "making" the game

Inflation.... not every country is america with terrible manipulated economy.

Look at how much GTA 5 made just from selling the base game, still think games should increase in price?
    Quick 5 minutes of research shows that in the Zelda series alone, it took roughly 2 years for Wind Waker, 5 years for Skyward Sword, and then 5 years for Breath of the Wild.

The GTA series has also stayed about the same between 4 and 5.

So if it's getting easier, why would it take about the same amount of time?

I'm just going to do what I do with current gen games, wait til the price drops to $40.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Quick 5 minutes of research shows that in the Zelda series alone, it took roughly 2 years for Wind Waker, 5 years for Skyward Sword, and then 5 years for Breath of the Wild.

It's also taking the same amount of time with a lot more devs working on them. GTAIV was made almost entirely by Rockstar North and GTAV had every rockstar studio assisting development. Skyward Sword was just NPD, but BoTW had like 60% of the monolith software staff working on it.

They definitely aren't getting cheaper to make lol.

It's not the end user that signs off on investment deals to produce games. Publishers love to act like their hands were oh so forced by the demanding gamers, but the production costs are on them. If they didn't think they'd make a load of money, they wouldn't bother funding these games to the extent that they do. People love reminding us that publishers are businesses. Well act like businesses and manage your investments without whining about it.

Complaining to customers of hardship on one hand while boasting to shareholders about all the records they're setting with the other side of their face, publishers have done little to garner trust. In so many ways they have done things to erode trust. I have near zero trust that an extra $10 on the base is going anywhere near anyone who was directly involved in the creation of a game for example. From everything I have seen and heard people will continue to be underpaid and overworked and sexually harrassed and bullied in the work place. And they'll see none of that $10.

It'll for sure go up and they'll for sure include micro transactions at a higher rate.

In short get wrekt consumer

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's also taking the same amount of time with a lot more devs working on them. GTAIV was made almost entirely by Rockstar North and GTAV had every rockstar studio assisting development. Skyward Sword was just NPD, but BoTW had like 60% of the monolith software staff working on it.

They definitely aren't getting cheaper to make lol.
    Admittedly I should have thrown in the Monolith part for BoTW, but I wasn't 100% sure on if Skyward Sword was only Nintendo and didn't want to spend anymore time digging around than I already did. My 5 minute time limit was up after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

Its like with anything else you create to sell to some1. Some things just get created faster when you have a better talent (however gaming industry is abusing its workforce right now pretty much).
    And some end in hell and take more time.

But with recent thing that happened with Bioware and Anthem......there is also a coperate pressure that doesnt give enogh time for goods to be made and just trown out raw. Wich is why indie games are much better quality this days as they have enogh time to be at least finished to a decent quality.