Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Tattooing my arms.
    What can I say, I have sensitive skin. Spent 11 hours during a 2 day period.
    Since I'm skinny, I have no muscles/fat around my wrists. Just skin and bone.
    And when the needle started drilling the bone, that shit hurt. A lot.

The gas build up in my abdominal cavity after an appendectomy. It felt like i was going to explode.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Kidney stones. There is no pain that is worse.
    Agreed. I've had two bouts with them, and they completely redefined pain for me. Cuts, bruises, root canal, my hernia? On the good old 1 - 10 pain scale, virtually everything is now at least 5 points lower than I'd score it pre-kidney stones. Literally the only time since I was a little kid that I can recall crying (and vomiting, and eventually blacking out) from sheer pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Osoroshii View Post
    Cuts, bruises, root canal, my hernia? On the good old 1 - 10 pain scale, virtually everything is now at least 5 points lower than I'd score it pre-kidney stones. Literally the only time since I was a little kid that I can recall crying (and vomiting, and eventually blacking out) from sheer pain.
    I had a compound fracture in my left leg when I was 18 that, at the time, I would have rated on a pain scale of about 9. Now that I've had kidney stones multiple times that leg fracture has been demoted to a 4-5. Until you have one you don't realize just how high your body's capacity for pain really is. Luckily I've never had cluster headaches which are supposed to be the one thing worse than kidney stones. They're also known as "suicide headaches" because typically they hurt so bad people try to kill themselves to end it the pain.

6 years old, in the woods of virginia near charlottesville. My friend and i are playing in a small creek. We climb up on side and he jumps over, and dares me too as well. I know ill need a running jump to clear it. 3 feet from the edge i fall knee deep into a yellow jackets nest. Learned i'm not allergic to wasps that day with well over 100 stings/bite. I remember the pain as an intense heat, but what really stuck with me was the fear. They went for my eyes mouth and nose, i had to constantly be wiping them off my face as i ran.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Broke my toes. There wasn't any kind of shock, so it just hurt like hell. Breaking my leg as kid by falling down the (steep stone)stairs at my parents house was nothing compared to that.

So I was pretty lucky so far I guess.

Edit: I guess I have another thing that was quite painfull. I was soldering a prototype myself (on the "quick" because I needed it) and spend about 6h in a hunched over position. I guess my belt must have cut the circulation to some muscles in my stomach area, because when I stood up I almost keeled over from a pain that was like the five worst cramps trying to tear me apart in the middle. Once it started there was not a single position that wasn't intense pain of my abdominal muscles trying to do something. I'm sure I wasn't even aware that I had some muscles in some of these places. I would rate it below the other stuff though since I didn't last more than an hour, but I couldn't move and was the last guy in the lab at the time and I was just wondering what the fuck happened.

While I'm at it, weirdest pain was when using a muscle that gets barely any daily usage and when using it for the first time for an extended period. So weird when you suddenly have a sore muscle the next day in a place you aren't concously aware that you actually have one.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-07-08 at 10:19 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    First time I had a bowel movement after I had hernia surgery.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgotten what exactly it was called now but it was for treating my bladder cancer, laser ablation therapy (I think it was?) with/through cystoscopy.

Essentially have a miniature lazer & camera setup showed up though the D, then have it cut/ burn away the tumors on the inside of the bladder.

Full anesthesia ofc. But It remained extremely painful for many weeks after.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pfft. Half of these have nothing on cholecystitis/gallstones.

Liver, pancreas, intestinal, and gallbladder spasms while it feels like hot pokes are raking across you stomach. Bloating that feels like your are going to burst. There is also a pulling feeling. You feel like shit because youre liver and pancreas are no longer working and you body isn't digesting food properly. You also run a fever like you have the flu. And it lasts for hours.

Eating, attack. Not eating, probably a worse attack. A lot of people lose weight waiting for surgery because brain is like 'nope, fuck that'.

Couldn't even speak during my last attack until they pumped me full of morphine
    Last edited by PACOX; 2020-07-09 at 04:02 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

5+ Year Old Account
    3rd world dentist, root canal with a live nerve and infection without an anesthetic.

I've been through rough shit before but this one leaves the competition behind by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    I would say falling off a 15ft wall and breaking my arm.
    slightly torn one of my back muscles in gym few years ago . took me half of year to heal it completly

tought me that when you are 30+ you shouldnt go crazy with weights

I had some sort of stomach issue where I was rolling on the ground screaming in intense pain out of nowhere. Nothing would take the pain away and I couldn't stop screaming. For maybe 4 hours. Dad took me to the ER. The pain just stopped when I got to the hospital. No-one ever knew what it was, and it never returned.

Giving birth.

10+ Year Old Account
    An old style metal radiator falling onto my hand and fracturing every bone in my fingers except for my thumb.
    They did an awesome job in the hospital, thankfuly, and my affected hand works just as fine as my unaffected one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Migraines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having been both stabbed and shot, I would go with being stabbed. Being shot happens so fast, you mostly just feel a very warm sensation followed by instant dizziness. Being stabbed however HOLY Fuck nothing like not only the feeling for of a piece of steel going through you hurt like a MF, but looking at your inside briefly is more than a little traumatic.

I think an extra special mention is anybody who has ever had a catheter put in their fucking penis for any reason, say like a long surgery this is the 21st century, and how this ungodly practice hasn't been improved ill never know, but there is nothing, and I mean almost nothing compares to it.

It's a pain that goes right to the soul. Any man who has ever experienced this, has my utmost sympathy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I gave birth to two children.
    Sorry I have to ask but do you mean equally or was one worse than the other, say like the first time. Was the first time really no preparation for the 2nd time?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Sciatica. For a few weeks, I was constantly in pain. Some sitting or sleeping positions could alleviate it, but it got bad enough to bring me to tears when trying to drive.
    Yep been there done that, and made me wish I could cut the string just to make the pain stop.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    I would say falling off a 15ft wall and breaking my arm.
    Infected molar. Oh god what a pain! Every breath hurt like hell, no painkiller helped. The only thing that helped a bit was rinsing with lukewarm water, continuously. Thank god I could get it fixed at the dentist the next day (well, and then go back a week later to finish it). It was way worse than breaking my arm was.

15+ Year Old Account
    Erysipelas on my leg after something bit me. I thought I'm going to lose it.

Probably when I broke my collar bone. Couldn't even hold my baritone up for about 4 months.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    If this thread served as a survey tool, you'd think there's a kidney stones problem out there.

What's that about? Not enough water?