Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

"Spoiler" anduin in shadow rising book lol

found on twitter
    Last edited by Cherry123; 2020-07-10 at 11:00 PM. Reason: ..

Sweet jesus. For a second there I thought they'd caught Anduin with another twink and I was briefly interested, but him having to LARP as a peasant like Nero LARPing as a gladiator or that other emperor pretending to be a whore is something else.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    This totally needed to be a topic. Yep.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Sweet jesus. For a second there I thought they'd caught Anduin with another twink and I was briefly interested, but him having to LARP as a peasant
    Except that is actually a thing many royals were known to do, generally to walk among common folk undisturbed, see what their people experienced in the day-to-day, etc.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Who the fuck is Jerek? (I just wanna know)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    This totally needed to be a topic. Yep.

Except that is actually a thing many royals were known to do, generally to walk among common folk undisturbed, see what their people experienced in the day-to-day, etc.
    In this case it's a coping mechanism, which past the inherent humour that any ruler doing this kind of thing got and that Jaina shows in the excerpt, is at least a half-interesting, if weird character beat.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Sweet jesus. For a second there I thought they'd caught Anduin with another twink and I was briefly interested, but him having to LARP as a peasant like Nero LARPing as a gladiator or that other emperor pretending to be a whore is something else.
    It was Commodus who LARPed as a gladiator, Elagabalus was the one who pretended to be a whore.

Quote Originally Posted by IndCold View Post
    Anduin is Jerek, he's just pretending to be a peasant for awhile for some reason.

may be JEREK(JERK) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    It was Commodus who LARPed as a gladiator, Elagabalus was the one who pretended to be a whore.
    Thanks for correcting me on the first one, that was embarrassing.

Anduin roleplays as Shrek, probably the best part of Shadowlands lore

I don't understand what you're trying to show us with this page. There's not really any info to discuss without the context.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Commodus also thought he was Hercules and tried to rename Rome in his own honour, literal loosest unit contender.

As for Anduin, I feel like they should have used Stormwind here, I very much doubt Lightforged are either 'so young' or giving their lives for him.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Commodus also thought he was Hercules and tried to rename Rome in his own honour, literal loosest unit contender.

As for Anduin, I feel like they should have used Stormwind here, I very much doubt Lightforged are either 'so young' or giving their lives for him.
    Is it Lightforged who are referred to here? As if that non-race needed any more kicks in the teeth.

I can’t say for certain because we’re missing the first half of the conversation between Jaina and Anduin, but in a world without photography very few common folk would be super familiar with the appearance of their king. I think “Jerek” is an alias for when Anduin peasants himself up instead of being king. We saw him dressed like this in one of the Legion cinematics when he travels to where his father was killed
    Last edited by UpsideDownCoffee; 2020-07-10 at 11:27 PM.

Is it Lightforged who are referred to here? As if that non-race needed any more kicks in the teeth.
    I was using lightforged as a point of contrast.

I just can't help but feel the author intended him to be talking about humans here and either forgot or doesn't know the entire Alliance isn't personally loyal to Anduin.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Tonight", "Anduin needs Jerek". "Red-hand", "Jerek = Jerk Off".

The amount of retarded subtext on that page is overwhelming. Its easy to see that the woman wrote this book.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-07-11 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Minor Trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I was using lightforged as a point of contrast.

I just can't help but feel the author intended him to be talking about humans here and either forgot or doesn't know the entire Alliance isn't personally loyal to Anduin.
    I mean, canonically as of BTS we know Anduin has a 100% approval rating. He's 'universally loved', so you're sadly wrong, even though you should be right. The Night Elves don't count. Those uppity savages will soon learn their place in the Imperium of Man. But all kidding aside, I can buy that Anduin would consider them to have died for him and take responsibility for it and want to disassociate from sending people to die, even if it's in a war where he had the complete moral highground. It's a silly storybeat, but not for that reason.

@Harbour

Especially since an older woman catches him in the act and while at first finds it funny, ultimately gives him the go ahead because it's his need, under her superversion. Very Freudian.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2020-07-10 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    The amount of retarded subtext on that page is overwhelming. Its easy to see that the woman wrote this book.
    Roux's character writing has been pretty solid (for blizzard) from what we've seen so farm IMO.

I'm more concerned that she's known as a 'slow' author and we've not seen many action leaks yet. If any part of her writing is going to compromise the book it will probably be lacklustre fights.

The only "Jerek" in WoW is a Broken from Legion.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Lead_Rider_Jerek
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Well that's... something. If nothing else I can appreciate the fact that Anduin has needs beyond being peace-loving all the time, unless I read the subtext wrong. The story beat is a bit silly, but I do think it's quite in-character for Anduin to do such a thing, it shows that he's young and has weird but somewhat understandable ideas and perhaps wants to move outside of the shelter he's been in since his birth.