Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dfMsHvxYFY

So Preach has made some videos explaining his issues with shadowlands. Something about players being "forced" to pick certain covenants and being stuck there forever? Can someone explain to me the sudden drama and hate surrounding shadowlands? Just a week ago Preach was praising the game. Now Shadowlands is going in a bad direction? What changed. I'm genuinely confused as to what happened over the past week. I'm trying to relate to the criticism but its really hard to relate to. I have never been forced by my guild to play something I don't like. His problem just sounds confusing to me as im so far removed from this issue. Can someone explain this drama to me? And the sudden bitterness to Shadowlands? This isn't specifically about Preaches feelings themself, the videos just seem to be the catalyst for the recent drama.

I'm sorry preach but this video treats the other side as bad and ignorant. That anyone that disagrees with him is selfish. Why am I selfish for prefering a permanent decision to being given the choice to swap abilities? For wanting covanents to not be swap able? Wouldn't the other side be just as selfish?
    Ummm...since it was announced?

People who play a MMORPG hating on RPG features...want their cake and to eat it too I guess. God forbid someone make a choice and everyone acts like they're mythic record chasers.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you only look at the game from a raiding min/max perspective ofcourse certain design elements are going to annoy you because they're not made for you.

I hope Blizz stick to their guns and move even further away from the whole "raid or die" mentality they've had going on. Though that being said, I sure as fuck hope they're not going to shift it to "m+ or die" since that would also be a very Blizzardy thing to do.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    I hope Blizz stick to their guns and move even further away from the whole "raid or die" mentality they've had going on. Though that being said, I sure as fuck hope they're not going to shift it to "m+ or die" since that would also be a very Blizzardy thing to do.
    If you remove "raid or die" and "M+ or die," what does that leave for even semi-competitive endgame content? Just competitive PvP? Because this fucks that over toooooo~

You know even as someone 'who's only going to pick the best option anyway', that doesn't mean I want to pick an option that will make me want to gouge out my eyes like the rogue kyrian ability or put me in a coma like the DK night fae ability (just because they have the best soul binds).
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Honestly, being locked into one system is so bad. Look at e.g. Mages. Fire is never the top spec early expansion. Let's say you pick a covenant which is really sweet for frost, but sub-optimal for fire. If you really want to min-max your toon, you'd have to reroll an entire new toon later in the expansion to be able to min-max it. Most likely won't be a huge issue with mages (then again, all that matters for a mage is big numbers), but with melee/ranged classes it might be a real issue. Or stuff like druids, pallies and monks with 3-4 totally different roles.

Totally fine in a single player game, totally limiting in an online in which some people really love min-maxing their characters. (not to mention how elitist pugs are, good luck getting in one if you don't have the theory crafted best covenant).

The idea on paper is great, but for the love of all that is holy, don't lock us permanently into 1 of 4 choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    The coin of the realm for streamers is drama. It's what drives views and revenue. There's no mystery there. If views are trending down it's time to find something to complain about because that drives publicity (this thread as one example) and views.

As for people dumping on Shadowlands, I think that started about 30 seconds after it was announced and hasn't stopped since.

Forums are a cute hobby and a fabulous way of wasting time but there are few enough folk around that aren't driving some agenda, pro-, con-, or otherwise. It's too bad actually. Games, expansions, nearly anything really are big enough that there will be things to like, things to dislike, and a lot of things to talk about that are somewhere in the middle between black and white, pro- or con-, 0 or 1. Most of the discussion--if it can be called that--is pretty close-minded and binary. Nobody's mind will be changed and a lot of it is uninformed or uninformative. The same with streamers really: they can like stuff but if their audience is unresponsive or apathetic to that, then they'll find stuff to dislike. God forbid that anything smart or nuanced makes an appearance to confuse those who are donating.

Pro-tip on the game itself: Play what you like, worry less about what is and isn't optimal. If min-maxing is your choice then fine but don't spend your time complaining about your choice. Min-maxing is always, always, going to come with compromises and tons of extra work required to paste over those compromises. The game itself if much better if you aren't overly concerned with squeezing out every last bit of power available. If that's your choice though, fine. It's your choice. Tiny minorities within the game shouldn't be catered to and that's a mistake that Blizzard regularly makes at the expense of their IP.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2020-07-13 at 12:40 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Ever wonder why Fox news kills in the ratings? Partly because it's viewership is old, bitter, and or dumb. But mostly it's because negativity sells.

If everything was great and awesome all the time, why would you come back and watch the videos? They prey on people's negativity and distrust of Blizzard these days.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The coin of the realm for streamers is drama. It's what drives views and revenue. There's no mystery there. If views are trending down it's time to find something to complain about because that drives publicity (this thread as one example) and views.
    ...or people have feedback about a thing they were asked to provide feedback for and the feedback is commensurate with everything they've said up to this point, whether viewership slipped or not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    Ever wonder why Fox news kills in the ratings? Partly because it's viewership is old, bitter, and or dumb. But mostly it's because negativity sells.
    All cable news is negative. The reason is that second sentence, ya got it in one.

Well, that and the fact that it might as well be State-approved news now. Ugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    When you only look at the game from a raiding min/max perspective ofcourse certain design elements are going to annoy you because they're not made for you.

I'm hoping they move the story out of raids, too. There's only so much flexibility you have in lore when all the major bad guys have to be killed in their fortress by a group of adventurers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post

If everything was great and awesome all the time, why would you come back and watch the videos? They prey on people's negativity and distrust of Blizzard these days.
    That's the media in general to be honest...they focus heavily on negatives and fanning flames to get views.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Making covenant only active in the open world along with soul binds fixes it.
    Sounds like a horrible system no one would care about like people didnt care about the world abilities in wod.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    He's a drama content creator. He shits on the game nonstop, this is how he makes money after all.
    That's a very small-minded way of looking at it. Maybe you should consider that the game isn't as good as you want it to be if this guy can make a living shitting on it all day?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    Sounds like a horrible system no one would care about like people didnt care about the world abilities in wod.
    I'd rather not care about it than have it impact me negatively throughout the expansion at various times.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Dude, he is literally celebrating 90% of the alpha. I have no idea what you are talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

SImply don't put abilities behind the Covenants, easy as that.
    He has been nothing but negative the last 2 videos he put out.

And no. I have been waiting for power behind real choices for years. As have many others.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dfMsHvxYFY

So Preach has made some videos explaining his issues with shadowlands. Something about players being "forced" to pick certain covenants and being stuck there forever? Can someone explain to me the sudden drama and hate surrounding shadowlands? Just a week ago Preach was praising the game. Now Shadowlands is going in a bad direction? What changed. I'm genuinely confused as to what happened over the past week. I'm trying to relate to the criticism but its really hard to relate to. I have never been forced by my guild to play something I don't like. His problem just sounds confusing to me as im so far removed from this issue. Can someone explain this drama to me? And the sudden bitterness to Shadowlands? This isn't specifically about Preaches feelings themself, the videos just seem to be the catalyst for the recent drama.

I'm sorry preach but this video treats the other side as bad and ignorant. That anyone that disagrees with him is selfish. Why am I selfish for prefering a permanent decision to being given the choice to swap abilities? For wanting covanents to not be swap able? Wouldn't the other side be just as selfish?
    Preach is a massive dipshit that profits off hatred of WoW. It's better to disregard him and his idiot fans.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    That's a very small-minded way of looking at it. Maybe you should consider that the game isn't as good as you want it to be if this guy can make a living shitting on it all day?

- - - Updated - - -

I'd rather not care about it than have it impact me negatively throughout the expansion at various times.
    Thats entirely up to you. If you want to play with people that forces you to pick a certain covenant, thsts entirely your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    And no. I have been waiting for power behind real choices for years. As have many others.
    Hahahahaha nice one

Preach and bellular are as genuine as it gets. they really care about the game and go to great lenghts to show you how and explain everything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Just don't watch Preach videos. At his best, he is an elitist player who thinks mythic raiding is the core of the game, at worst he just likes to yell about random things to get clicks. His videos are always negative, and no one needs that kind of toxicity in their entertainment.
    "OHNO, the scary mythic raider is gonna take my stuff away ;_; "

This is how u people look when u bash Preach

"His videos are always negative, and no one needs that kind of toxicity in their entertainment."

Is this what we call opposing views and criticism these days?, Your kind always draw the "toxicity"-card whenever someone has an opinion u dont like, dosnt it ever get boring to use it?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    "OHNO, the scary mythic raider is gonna take my stuff away ;_; "

This is how u people look when u bash Preach

"His videos are always negative, and no one needs that kind of toxicity in their entertainment."

Is this what we call opposing views and criticism these days?, Your kind always draw the "toxicity"-card whenever someone has an opinion u dont like, dosnt it ever get boring to use it?
    He is reacting out of fear though and he's getting desperate. Now he's trying to change the narrative that the covenants will actually be bad for the general population because he knows that that's the only way he has a chance of winning. It doesn't matter that the general population will be fine with them because he's desperate and will do pretty much anything at this point to ensure that he can have his cake and eat it too, just like with talents.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    He is reacting out of fear though and he's getting desperate. Now he's trying to change the narrative that the covenants will actually be bad for the general population because he knows that that's the only way he has a chance of winning. It doesn't matter that the general population will be fine with them because he's desperate and will do pretty much anything at this point to ensure that he can have his cake and eat it too, just like with talents.
    "Now he's trying to change the narrative that the covenants will actually be bad" Most of us kinda assumed that would be the case from the start as we have all seen how their different systems in BFA has been like.

I might be bad for most people, but most people are too casual and not at the skill-level where it really matter for them to notice that they are doing 20% less dps/hps than they could be just cause they picked the "bad/wrong" option.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s