Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    No.

I wasn't quoting you, but mocking the pattern of doomsayers that come out of the woodwork every fucking expansion release.

We've heard this garbage every single time an expansion comes out. Naysayers like yourself can't even wait until the game is out of alpha before you come here with your baseless "doom and gloom" before you've even gotten to play the game.
    To be fair, recent trends show they refuse to listen to feedback, ignore it right through alpha and beta, launch it anyway as is, and then spend the entire expansion making huge changes to various systems, and finish the expansion up where they should have started. This is the current trend - yes, some people will boohoo every time an expansion is announced and claim its the death of the game - but there was a lot of valid concern out there about BFA's systems, and similar concern regarding SL.

I will reserve my judgement until launch, but i have seen nothing about SL that looks different to BFA.

The term shill is even more overused and asinine. If your so miserable just leave the game/ community like lol?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mferna View Post
    The term shill is even more overused and asinine. If your so miserable just leave the game/ community like lol?
    Right? God forbid anyone be positive about the game they play.
    Putin khuliyo

Like I have said in every of these threads that I somehow bother replying to, blizz has not given me any reason to be excited for SL. They have yet to give me reason to dislike it either.

I'm in completely unhyped state and I'm not even interested in looking at information regarding SL. It doesn't give me any reason to care. There is nothing to look forward to.

That includes bad parts too. There is nothing to be specifically displeased about. Nothing stands out.

SL is, for me, the last chance. I know I will play it, but whether I continued to do so depends entirely, if its good.

I confess i am worried now.

I thought they were gonna keep it simple, but with covenant abilities and other systems not being torghast and outside world only, it will lead to problems when people demand a certain covenant ability for certain content and the game basically says: no.
    I can 100% garantee that when the majority of people realise that when it's live, a huge stink will be raised. Just as bad or worse than the azerite gear one.
    I am extremely worried abou that, cause i'd like to have a peaceful expansion for once, where we aren't at arms with the devs cause of some unecessary system they added frustrating everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Right? God forbid anyone be positive about the game they play.
    Not all expacs look doom and gloom.thouguh. legion looked promising, mop was exciting. You slapped a generalisatoon that might apply.to part of the community, but look at those who understand the gameplay design choices, and think about what they say.

We have very logical.reasons to be worried.

Shadowlands looks more promising to me than any hope I had for BfA during Legion.

it looks pretty good so far imo

most class changes we know of so far seem pretty smart (for the classes I follow/play, anyway), covenant abilities seem neat and we get a new area to explore with a story that isn't tied to dumb faction war bullshit. Torghast is another kinda interesting weekly-ish activity and seems a lot better than the similar stuff they implemented in BFA.

people who play a lot tend to overestimate the influence stuff like covenant disparity, azerite, etc have on the health of the game; those systems are important but they always get iterated on over the course of the expansion and by the time we're a couple patches in most issues will be fixed

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Popokolara View Post
    Not all expacs look doom and gloom.thouguh. legion looked promising, mop was exciting. You slapped a generalisatoon that might apply.to part of the community, but look at those who understand the gameplay design choices, and think about what they say.

Legion got the exact same thing people called it Wod 2.0 and bitched and moaned about it all the way up to the last patch and mop was no different. The same thing happens every expan and it’s not till they are over that they are raised up as being good while the next ones are always shit.

As far as "everyone" goes, I dont think legion was thought to be bad. I recall screaming starting soon after release due to the legendary item mess and thats what people remember legion for. As far as I'm aware lot of people stopped disliking it and counting legion among the good expansions once that legendary mess was fixed.

FOr BFA people were hopeful, but quite a lot of screaming about the rushed azerite system that was unfinished at end.

I didn't play during MoP so I can't say how much and how long people raged about pandas, but legion I did play and I dont remember any hate before release. Wod was so full of expectations and then let down.

10+ Year Old Account
    I predict inbetween BFA and Legion. Leaning more towards Legion. Legion was a 9. BFA a 7. Maybe an 8/8.5?

Convenant seems like it's going to be big negative, but otherwise Shadowlands seems fun. Then again, I'm mostly casual so I mostly enjoy the story nowadays and random casual stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Popokolara View Post

Yeah I get that.

I'm just asking wait and play the damn expansion before freaking out.
    Putin khuliyo

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    As far as "everyone" goes, I dont think legion was thought to be bad. I recall screaming starting soon after release due to the legendary item mess and thats what people remember legion for. As far as I'm aware lot of people stopped disliking it and counting legion among the good expansions once that legendary mess was fixed.

FOr BFA people were hopeful, but quite a lot of screaming about the rushed azerite system that was unfinished at end.

I didn't play during MoP so I can't say how much and how long people raged about pandas, but legion I did play and I dont remember any hate before release. Wod was so full of expectations and then let down.
    Legion was panned for Ap, time gating, pvp scaling and templates, artifact progress not being class wide, legendary’s, the broken isle, argus, NLC, weapon relics, having to farm mythic +, mow of souls, and the list goes on.

Almost every thing I Listed was bitched about before release and Most of it continued until legion ended and even when things were fixed the patches added new things for people to bitch about.

If they were to push things out today with the current changes the answer would be no but to be fair they still got like 4 more months or so. To be even fairer we said that about BFA. I guess the answer is we just don't know yet it can go both ways at this point.

I'm worried it will suffer the fate of bfa... a lot of quality content but with systems so bad and broken that they are what most players take away from the experience .

Quote Originally Posted by Trinkie View Post
    I think it all depends on how fast the 50-60 levelling will actually be. BFA suffered from it because you only had 3 zones to choose from instead of 6 total and you almost had to complete the entire zones in order to ding most of the time

Which also made you feel more connected to the lore behind a zone / faction.

The fewer zones in BFA is actually one of the good things about it. Personally I dislike having to go trough half of each zones or only a third because I "outleveled" content.

So yes, fewer zones to quest in is more immersive = fun

SL is going to be amazing. The overwhelming negativity is more indicative of the psychology and unrealistic expectations gamer's have put on developers due to shortcomings in their own personal lives. Unpopular opinion, but name another game that comes close to WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    Because I would like to know what other people think about SL after those interviews.
    Asmongold is a clown. The fact that you are basing your opinion off of him and have decide not to pre-order based solely off of him at all kills all of your credibility. This reeks of a thinly veiled attempt to advertise him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Translation: I'm a Blizzard shill and will tell people to stop playing the game when they criticize it. The "just stop playing the game" comment is so overused and so asinine. I'd say the game is better off without people who kiss Blizzard's ass no matter what stupid decision they make because those people are why Shadowlands will be garbage.
    NOt nearly as overused or asinine as calling someone a "Blizzard shill" who doesn't hate the game or call it garbage. Your opinion is not fact not matter how much you try to project is as such.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    cata bad
    mop good
    wod bad
    legion good
    bfa bad
    SL good???

we dont know yet, but the pattern doesnt lie
    hard disagree on that "pattern"