Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Have you seen the Shadowlands? Much of it is horrible even the "nice" areas are secretly evil.
    You know we've only seen a small portion? Wasn't Sylvannas' first afterlife beautiful fields or something?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    You know we've only seen a small portion? Wasn't Sylvannas' first afterlife beautiful fields or something?
    In Edge of Night, it's described as "[...] a sea of comfort, physical sensations replaced by the purity of emotion. She can grasp bliss, see joy, hear peace. This is the afterlife, her destiny. The eternal sea in which she found herself after she fell defending Silvermoon." No real depictions of what it looked like, just an untrammeled sense of peace and joy.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

What they should have done is let the Lich King die with Arthas and have all the 'strong willed' undead regain their individual sentience just as the original Forsaken had done when Ner'Zhul's power waned.

Shit load of new Forsaken there, potential new factions as well as a continuation of the persistent threat the Scourge presented, only now without a singular centralised and organised leadership

Quote Originally Posted by A Blue Smurf View Post
    What they should have done is let the Lich King die with Arthas and have all the 'strong willed' undead regain their individual sentience just as the original Forsaken had done when Ner'Zhul's power waned.

Shit load of new Forsaken there, potential new factions as well as a continuation of the persistent threat the Scourge presented, only now without a singular centralised and organised leadership
    Yeah but someone had watched Pirates of the Caribbean and they thought "There must always be a Captain for the Dutchman" was a cool plot twist so here we are.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Even beautiful things can be deadly. Fact is every covenant is just a way to farm energy from souls and make them slaves.

3+ Year Old Account
    Why do people even want to increase the numbers of Forsaken? Misery loves company?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

If I had to guess, the stragglers from the wild scourge will be able to be picked off for quite a while once we get them relatively contained. I'm not that worried about it. Sylvanas could have thought of that, but of course she didn't care. Killing people was here goal anyway, getting new recruits in the process was a two-for-one special.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Hope they do die out, no need for zombies.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    No the abominations freak me out and the Apothecaries give me some concerning vibes
    Undead Apothecaries always have disturbed me. Then again, I really am not a fan of 'mad doctors' either
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Undead Apothecaries always have disturbed me. Then again, I really am not a fan of 'mad doctors' either
    I think they'd be more palatable if Blizz made some updates to distance them from the... unfortunate implications in Hillsbrad.

EDIT: And the mindslave in Vanilla.

EDIT2: And the stuff in the apothecarium...

Y'know basically their whole history outside of like two or three quests.
    Twas brillig

15+ Year Old Account
    Given the obvious about-face they're doing with the Forsaken under the new leadership of Calia and Lilian, I doubt that they will be using necromancy to raise new undead from now on.

My best guess is that the next generation of undead will be the fallen of the Fourth War, some of whom have already gotten a degree of focus, like the undead night elves raised in Darkshore.

Beyond that, I suspect something will occur in the Shadowlands that will give certain unfortunate souls a chance to return to life. Most likely those who were slain as a result of the Jailer's actions and weren't judged by the Arbiter. Basically undeath will be a second chance for them.

Of course, that begs the question of whether the faction should still be named the Forsaken.

Or maybe they'll spin the name to have a new meaning, as souls cast out of the Shadowlands and denied an afterlife. Literally "forsaken by death."

10+ Year Old Account
    Calia will fix that problem when she start lightforging the dead.

Since we're going to actual death realms now's the best time to look into ways to stop Forsaken bodies from decaying and how to raise people with more humane methods. Or scratch the latter and let the Forsaken keep their darker side even without Sylvanas. Maldraxxus ought to provide stuff for Royal Apothecary Society to learn.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Since we're going to actual death realms now's the best time to look into ways to stop Forsaken bodies from decaying and how to raise people with more humane methods. Or scratch the latter and let the Forsaken keep their darker side even without Sylvanas. Maldraxxus ought to provide stuff for Royal Apothecary Society to learn.
    Hah have fun in Maldraxxus is all I am going to say.

In Edge of Night, it's described as "[...] a sea of comfort, physical sensations replaced by the purity of emotion. She can grasp bliss, see joy, hear peace. This is the afterlife, her destiny. The eternal sea in which she found herself after she fell defending Silvermoon." No real depictions of what it looked like, just an untrammeled sense of peace and joy.
    Fair, I knew she saw it as something she desired. Thanks for the correction.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Fair, I knew she saw it as something she desired. Thanks for the correction.
    I assume this is the same or a similar Light-related afterlife of the same kind that Wyll Benton experienced in Before the Storm - given that the Light was at the time the High Elves' predominant religion. Aside from Wyll's mention of feeling the presence of his deceased friends and family (minus his wife, who was at that time among the Forsaken) the experience seems very similar. This might also be the afterlife that the Naaru bodily transported Crusader Bridenbrad into when they "saved" him from becoming undead due to the Plague of Undeath.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

forsaken re-population is such a dumb plot point, as others have pointed out :/

and wasn't the whole point, or major theme, of the forsaken that they wanted to cure their undeath and be done with the curse. Also most forsaken hate being undead, why would they want to curse more people?

also as majority of ppl have long been saying, no thanks to fckin calia as leader... just make a dark council and be done with it
    Last edited by voidox; 2020-07-15 at 11:36 AM.

I assume this is the same or a similar Light-related afterlife of the same kind that Wyll Benton experienced in Before the Storm - given that the Light was at the time the High Elves' predominant religion. Aside from Wyll's mention of feeling the presence of his deceased friends and family (minus his wife, who was at that time among the Forsaken) the experience seems very similar. This might also be the afterlife that the Naaru bodily transported Crusader Bridenbrad into when they "saved" him from becoming undead due to the Plague of Undeath.
    Doubtful, the light and the shadowlands don't seem to be on good terms

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Doubtful, the light and the shadowlands don't seem to be on good terms
    No idea if it is an afterlife realm that is officially part of the Shadowlands or not, but it is certainly an afterlife of some kind, and it does share the same general themes of the Light. The Shadowlands are infinite after all and while Maldraxxus or Revendreth might have issues with Light we don't know that that is universally true of the Shadowlands or if the Arbiter has issues with it.

The Naaru/Light afterlife has yet to be revealed in Shadowlands yeah, same for the void afterlife (which has been mentioned by devs in regards to the old gods returning). Surprisingly it's not Bastion and Bastion powers seem to be arcane powered (which, along with the owl/wing themes, points to them having a connection to Elune but not being the inherent Light afterlife).