Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RiddlePass View Post
    Your guild sounds like a bunch of drama queens...

The whole WoW fanbase is full of drama queens. People freaking out over this even though it will only affect the top 5% of the playerbase so they can pretend like they are part of the "elite" makes me laugh so fucking hard. You're not elite, you're a casual like the rest of us, accept it. This doesn't affect you at all.
    What is with the people who only PUG because they can't join a guild/raid 3 times a week because of their working schedule? This affects the casuals as much as other players.

And btw I never said I or anybody else is Elite, you are just pulling things out of your ass my friend.

If we all just take a step back and forget about numbers and what is best for a moment. What method do you all think will yield the most fun gameplay?
    Last edited by Biggles Worth; 2020-07-18 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    It's an interesting interview and I think both sides have good points. I think the biggest takeaway here is that Preach speaks for people who want classes (for example, all Hunters of one spec in a raid) to be near-identical and for mechanics/rotation to determine how successful the player is, while Ion wants individual players to have differences beyond that (not RNG based but different abilities and modifiers).
    the problem is that ion completly fails to understand that this simply cant work,most people will pick whatever makes them stronger,the top % will do that and we know for a fact that this always trickles down to even some of the most casual playerbase

ion's comparison with classes was also extremly silly,covenants dont compare with classes in what they offer...even if my shaman does 10% less dps than a mage,i still play my shaman and its fine for me nd my guild,but if a coven does 10% less raid dps,it will simply be dead

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    What is with the people who only PUG because they can't join a guild/raid 3 times a week because of their working schedule? This affects the casuals as much as other players.

And btw I never said I or anybody else is Elite, you are just pulling things out of your ass my friend.
    No, it doesn't. If you are not playing in the top 1% you can play with anything and be fine because the cap of your character's power is your skill, not the abilities and talents you take.

I still can't believe people think this is a 1% problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    So if I am fully geared with Mythic loot and I go do a dungeon/raid with someone in Normal loot, we will do the same dps because every DPS needs to be normalized and do the same damage ?
    This would be atrocious.
    nah could be based on iLVL.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    It's not 2%, it's not 1%, and yes.
    Show me basis for this percentage. Assuming you're not just a liar, I expect solid proof. Go ahead. How did you arrive at 1%? How many people did you interview out of how many who play WoW? You're not a liar, are you?

People quote Ion about leaving a covenant should be easy. Great. But then you have to start grinding the new covenant from 0. Renown, those currencies that unlock your paths, the weekly thingie, soulbinds, conduits, mission table characters, everything. Covenants are a system that is (or should be) enough activity for one player. imagine leaving a covenant and then restarting the whole thing. Ugh.
    Either way, the player is getting punished hard for dev mistakes.

It's a poor argument and comign from a position of bad faith.
    Last edited by [Apok]; 2020-07-18 at 02:15 AM.

I really just want to know what ass you guys pull the 1% meme out of.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to see an official poll showing where only 1-2% of players care about this. I'll be waiting.
    So you agree that more people care about this? This one, e.g., is from Asmongold who has a not very competitive audience compared to other streamers: https://www.strawpoll.me/20539850/r.

Btw, the 1-2% was not a number I came up with, I just replied to a comment which was quoting that. I guess you could replace this number with too little, and you'd be good to go. No reason to make your argument about that number, when you could easily comprehend what it stands for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlaxi View Post
    Show me basis for this percentage. Assuming you're not just a liar, I expect solid proof. Go ahead. How did you arrive at 1%? How many people did you interview out of how many who play WoW? You're not a liar, are you?
    We all know, that no one has the exact numbers. This is not the point of the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by BB8 View Post
    I wonder the % of mythic players, casual players, roleplayer and ocasionally online peeps.

Cause I have the feeling that almost everything Blizzards gives to its players must be changed just for a 10-20% of the playerbase.

Just a feeling. Dont know any numbers.
    in trying to serve some abstract everyone, you end up serving no one, as shown with every attempt these idiots have tried for the last 7 years.
    They need to show their current failure-state for counter-acting this, or face unemployment for failing to deliver the product they're being supposedly paid to make.

If we all just take a step back and forget about numbers and what is best for a moment. What method do you all think will yield the most fun gameplay?
    Are you not listening? If you forget about numbers, this is not a problem, because the issue is, that pick X because it is the best, and after I have unlocked everything the ban hammer hits and I want to swap. Another example would be just wanting to try a new ability, but guess what, you have to unlock everything from scratch again.

- - - Updated - - -

Ion said it's easy for you to change your choice that you've made. The "hard" part is going back to the one you left.
    Yes the change will be easy, but you have to unlock everything again. And what if you dont like your new ability? All people are asking for is having choices about visuals and dps be separate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Yes the change will be easy, but you have to unlock everything again.
    No, Ion said in an interview with Bellular that your progress with each covenant will be saved for when you come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    We all know, that no one has the exact numbers. This is not the point of the argument.
    Then people should stop going around using a made up number they have no idea how right or wrong it may or may not be as their argument. Build your ideas on a foundation of sand and watch them crumble.

Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    It's a poor argument and comign from a position of bad faith.
    They're the destructive influences we need to force out of this community.
    Acting under willful ignorance they do nothing but endlessly repeat the same worthless canned bullshit, and people need to realize how many more the mainstream community is then the casual one, the cataclysm metrics were skewed due to the mandatory requirement to quest that lvling always had.

Its not hard to understand when you understand that it is.

The problem is that 40% of the playerbase assume they are in the top 1% or at least talk as like they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    You making that judgment of just out of someones parse, proves to me that you dont understand the bascis of raiding or even many other aspects involved in raiding.
    Yeah you're right. CE Raid Lead and GM, but I don't understand the basics of raiding. What a moron LOL

The problem is that 40% of the playerbase assume they are in the top 1% or at least talk as like they are.
    No, people like you who keep to these bad faith arguments based on a purposeful distortion of facts and statements are the problem.

Bold statement. I await solid proof.

Shadowlands gonna suck.

They still don't understand what's ruining the game.