Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New Gamebreaking Bugs with 7/21 patch

Now when moving the camera is locked in to full swivel mode. Previously this required holding down a mouse button. Only happens when moving or auto-running.

Also, aim assist has been added to the game. Trying to do a world quest like Runelocked Chest or Uncross the Lay Lines makes this easiest to see. When clicking a rune/node, if you drag your mouse slowly off it, the aim assist will prevent your cursor from moving.

Fix found:
    /console RawMouseEnable 0
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...running/589562
    Last edited by bullseyed; 2020-07-21 at 05:17 PM.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

I'm thinking you have an addon causing problems. I cannot reproduce these on any of my characters.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    I'm thinking you have an addon causing problems. I cannot reproduce these on any of my characters.
    Addons haven't changed since before the patch.

Further, I don't think an addon can implement aim assist.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Two people have already confirmed that the issue is most likely related to something weird about you or your setup.
    I've already confirmed it isn't.

You're obviously not a developer if you think bugs have a 100% reproduction rate.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    I've already confirmed it isn't.

You're obviously not a developer if you think bugs have a 100% reproduction rate.
    If you're looking for Dev insight, you're in the wrong place comrade.

Now when moving the camera is locked in to full swivel mode. Previously this required holding down a mouse button. Only happens when moving or auto-running.

Also, aim assist has been added to the game. Trying to do a world quest like Runelocked Chest or Uncross the Lay Lines makes this easiest to see. When clicking a rune/node, if you drag your mouse slowly off it, the aim assist will prevent your cursor from moving.

Anyone seen an ETA on a fix for these?
    I forgot the name of that effect, but it's a camera option. Sometimes when patches hit, some options get moved around. Just go look in camera options or graphics. The other issue is likely related to the first.
    Have you tried restarting the game or looking at your mouse... you might be getting phantom clicks or that bug where the game assumes a button is depressed and hitting alt a couple of times will stop the button lock.

Typing /console RawMouseEnable 0 fixed it for me. Found the solution here https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...running/589562

I had this logging in today, I found that /console rawMouseEnable 0 fixed it (I previously had it set to 1)

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Addons haven't changed since before the patch.

Further, I don't think an addon can implement aim assist.
    I can't replicate this either - the game is working normally for me with all my add-ins enabled as of the latest patch. I would suggest you try disabling your add-on load first and troubleshooting them one at a time to see if you can find the issue. Check your preferences as well to ensure something hasn't been toggled unexpectedly. If all else fails, try a repair or even a reinstall.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Bromx View Post
    I had this logging in today, I found that /console rawMouseEnable 0 fixed it (I previously had it set to 1)
    Thanks, I'll try that. Was browsing the CVAR options looking for changes.

Edit: yeah cvar browser says it was set to 1 under interface\framexml\chatframe.lua:2171

Edit 2: it worked.

You're obviously not a tester if you think your post was of any value. "Game is brokezor!111!!1!! Fix it!"

"We tested it, and we cannot reproduce your issue."

"OMG! Liek, u just don't know what ur doing!111!1"
    >Comes to Forums to get insight on an issue
    >receives insight
    >tells everybody their insight is wrong

lmao

Are you high? Drugs are bad for you.
    Actually drugs are good for you if you are doing the right ones, many actually make you smarter and promote brain health.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Thanks, I'll try that. Was browsing the CVAR options looking for changes.

Edit: yeah cvar browser says it was set to 1 under interface\framexml\chatframe.lua:2171

Edit 2: it worked.
    Good to hear - I suggest putting this in your OP as an edit so if anyone else has this issue they'll quickly see the fix, too.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by onedeadhero View Post
    Typing /console RawMouseEnable 0 fixed it for me. Found the solution here https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...running/589562
    Thread MVP, thanks.

The best part of all is if he had bothered going to the official technical support forum where, you know, actual Blizzard employees work, he would have found his answer.
    He also found it here just fine. The only difficulty was you guys making fun of him for a real issue not related to addons, continue with your circle jerk though.

Thanks OP and onedeadhero, fixed the issue perfectly.

The best part of all is if he had bothered going to the official technical support forum where, you know, actual Blizzard employees work, he would have found his answer.
    I bet a large percent of the mmochamp userbase were banned on the official forums so they come here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fix was posted on the official forums within minutes of the servers coming up.

It seems the average mmo-c user doesn't know about the official forums and even less so about CS and TS there.

7+ Year Old Account

The RawMouse fix worked for me to solve the auto mouselook thing while moving, but I am still having funky behavior when interacting with the Runeforge Chest world quest (and possibly other game systems yet to be found).

Previously I could select runes in that quest with similar motions to moving items in my inventory. Click a rune as I'm dragging the mouse over to the next rune I want to click so they switch places. Now that behavior has changed. The mouse position resets to where it was first clicked down when I release the button - so it jumps back to the original position if I was moving the mouse while clicking. Sure, it's not game breaking. I can deliberately CLICK UNCLICK - move mouse - click unclick again, but it is way way more clunky feeling than how it behaved prior to todays patch.

the best part is your dumb ass coming back in here after you got fuckin slapped and told to basically fuck off for being such a mouth breathin downer pepelaugh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyou
    [Shadowmourne, I went to Icecrown and was hoping for Frostmourne but all I got was this lame axe]

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    As someone who had problems with it, it wasn't an addon at all. It was the logitech mouse drivers and WoW.
    This is totally not an addon problem. I tried deleting them all and the problem persisted. Only went away when i tried a mouse of a different maker.

I don't know if the problem is with logitech or with WoW when it interacts with logitech drivers, but it's one of those. I tried everything.