Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Being an allied race is not about lore it's about being part of an expansion while the concept was present.

I don't think it needs any changes.

Is your concern that new players won't choose Horde because it's not available immediatly?

Don't we need more people to play Alliance, due to the already present Horde bias in PvE raiding guilds?

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    There is the door, see yourself out, take your vulperas and "yiff" somewhere else.
    Holy projection batman. I see a cute fox creature and think that's a cute fox creature. You see one and immediately go to yiff shit? Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Let me put it this way: How would you feel if tauren or dwarves were labled as 'allied races'? Allied races are treated like seperate factions that share a common goal with the main factions. For example, the most recent novel, the Zandalari are having difficulties with the Horde, and the Horde sends zappy boi as an ambassador to deal with them. New York doesn't send an ambassador to Miami. Orcs don't send ambassadors to Thunder Bluff. Vulpera don't have an 'alliance' with the Horde, they are part of it. The biggest part. Nisha for Warchief.
    the allied races will become more integrated over time, don't worry. give it an expansion or two of new lore and in game areas.

right now it makes a lot of sense for allied races to be the way they are, giving them a large introduction through questing etc is a good thing. and over time the requirements for them will also come down, first rep, then a few years later the ones from legion/bfa will just become baseline. And not for any lore reason or w/e, just out of practicality cause where will be so many at that point.

Should the unlock requirements for allied races be lifted for Shadowlands? Yes, they should. That's effectively the only difference between the core and allied races.

Slow down, I'm still not over them jumping the queue on Ogres! I'm much more about having races with a long track record in the lore become playable, not really into races that were just made part of the lore a second ago becoming playable simply because they look "cool" or whatever. Maybe get back to me a few years and let's see how big a place the race have in the lore at that point, then we can talk.

True, something that every allied race has in common is that they bear some key relation to at least one of the core races. Obviously, vulpera are unique, in that they don't share that commonality with the other allied races. That in mind, the argument could be made that sure, they could sensibly be a core race. The argument could also be made that because they don't have a unique rig, they're better off categorized under allied.

But it doesn't really matter, since 'allied' or 'core' doesn't really mean anything. They're all playable races, and they're all individually customizable races. As many arguments and commonalities as you want to make between the different allied races, the great equalizer is that all allied races were introduced during or immediately before Battle For Azeroth and required some extra rep-related effort to access. So for better or worse, they're all going to be lumped under that banner before any other. At least for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    There is the door, see yourself out, take your vulperas and "yiff" somewhere else.
    It's a shame that there's still garbage like this floating around, teaching me unwelcome (but admittedly unsurprising) things about the people here.

Granted, it's fine to dislike vulpera. But this sort of helpless kneejerk hostility at the mere mention or innocuous indication of liking them? Yikes.
    Last edited by CalamityHeart; 2020-07-21 at 08:59 PM.

Yes. Since BElfs Horde has been the cute and beautiful race anyway.

They aren't an offshoot of an existing race
    Blizzard has never defined allied races this way.

They don't really fit the allied race mold, I don't know why they get the allied race treatment. They aren't an offshoot of an existing race, they have a ton of customization options, and they are objectively the BEST. And yet you need to unlock them. Shame.
    What does it matter? it's literally just an additional character choice screen. Just slapped with the name "allied races". What're you gonna do? make the core race list longer? While leaving an empty space giving it 2 empty slots on the allied race page?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Blizzard has never defined allied races this way.
    Sure, they might never have said that, but 9/10 allied races ARE that way.

Vulpera are important enough and unique enough that they shouldn't be treated as the equivalent a bonus unlockable character in a kart racer.

10+ Year Old Account

Vulpera are important enough and unique enough that they shouldn't be treated as the equivalent a bonus unlockable character in a kart racer.
    I really don't see what's so "important" about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    I really don't see what's so "important" about them.
    The OP said so, that's why.

If you have them unlocked, it doesn't really matter if they're core or not, does it?

Come Shadowlands, you won't need to unlock them, so if you don't want to do the work, you could just wait until Fall.

If you want a Vulpera starting zone, Vol'dun is there for you.

They're not very important, and they still use an existing rig's skeleton. If new lore came out that revealed they are in fact a subrace of furry Goblins no one would bat an eye.

Considering they were made into an AR after their reveal (see: the disparity in their models) it was likely unplanned they would be playable, as were Kul Tirans, and both of those models are the most advanced ones. The idea to make ARs into something on par with past races was a late one and it shows, but it doesn't mean that their terminology should be changed. Allied Races are everything from texture swaps + hairstyles to completely new rigs and everything in between.

It's pointless unless you get a time machine and tell 2016/17 BFA planning team to make all the ARs high quality.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    They don't really fit the allied race mold, I don't know why they get the allied race treatment. They aren't an offshoot of an existing race, they have a ton of customization options, and they are objectively the BEST. And yet you need to unlock them. Shame.
    If these are your reasons for removing vulpera from the allied races, the door is the other way

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    If you have them unlocked, it doesn't really matter if they're core or not, does it?

Come Shadowlands, you won't need to unlock them, so if you don't want to do the work, you could just wait until Fall.

If you want a Vulpera starting zone, Vol'dun is there for you.
    IIRC you still need to complete the Vol'dun storyline to unlock them. The only thing being removed is the Exalted reputation requirement.

They are a copy of the goblin rigs.

They are less a new race than Kul'tirans.

99% of players don't care about their unique biology or background dude. They use the goblin models, so they are an allied race.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    It would change literally nothing.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    They are a copy of the goblin rigs.

They are less a new race than Kul'tirans.
    Ironically Kul Tirans are essentially the only "new race" since Pandaren and because of their aesthetics people don't believe them to be. You even have people saying they're stealing Pandaren animations because both of them are fat. Bravo WoW playerbase!