Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Necromancer and Tinker - Double new Classes Next Expansion

This is achievable if Blizzards stops inventing arbitrary new systems upon systems (I'm talking covenants, soulbinds, mission table 3.0 etc.) for a new expansion, focusing instead on the above new classes.

The lore is shaping up for both: Tinker with Mechagon, and Necromancer with Shadowlands.

Cloth wearers need a 4th class - Necromancer
    Mail wearers desperately need a 3rd class - Tinker

Necromancer: Take Undead minions away from Death Knights, making them anti-paladins instead, add undead minions to Necromancers as pets. Just like demon form was taken from warlock and added to demon hunter, or that both Paladin and Priest have a Holy spec. Necro specs would be blood, frost and unholy, just like dk specs, but focusing on casting abilities instead of melee.
    Races: any race capable of being death knights

Tinker: Wears mail armor, uses guns and a new weapon type: dual pistols exclusively.
    The only profession locked class in the game: Professions which are learned and cannot be unlearned: Engineering, Alchemy
    3 specs:
    Pilot: Giant robot suits, think Evangelion and the like. Rockets, Lasers, Cannons, Energy Shields, Two-handed Vibro-Swords etc.
    Machinist: turrets, robot pets taken from hunter made tinker exclusive - grenades etc.
    Medic: injections, poisons, sprays, healing salves, alchemical weapons etc.
    Races: any race choosing the engineering and alchemy profession pairing (yes even tauren or trolls, as they are capable of being engineers and alchemists even now)
    Background story: You are an inventor of your people, and have started to weaponize engineering and alchemy to use in combat.

- - - Updated - - -

Guns or Dual Pistols would determine the way tinker deals damage, kinda like in FPS games:

Guns: One big burst of damage at a time - like two-handed weapons currently.
    Pistols: Shorter gradual damage at a time - like daggers and one-handed weapons currently.

Like how monks can now choose in Shadowlands if they want one-handed or a two-handed weapon.
    Last edited by Arkenonporos; 2020-07-23 at 02:33 PM.

Necromancer for horde. Tinker for alliance. deal?

Your tinker sounds like it was ripped straight from gw2s engineer. Highly doubt it they bring a new class though.

Quote Originally Posted by kappas View Post
    Weird but okay.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I can't say deal because of goblins :/

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenonporos View Post
    Necromancer: Take Undead minonions away from Death Knights, making them anti-paladins instead, add undead minions to Necroamncers as pets. Just like demon form was taken from warlock and added to demon hunter, or that both Paladin and Priest have a Holy spec. Necro specs would be blood, frost and unholy, just like dk specs, but focusing on casting abilities instead of melee.
    I'm just itching to see how you're going to justify that statement.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    yeah besides every need, we get two new classes that are no classes but more class skins /prestige look or even mb a f****** profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I'm just itching to see how you're going to justify that statement.
    I don't need to justify anything.

Necromancers are the masters of undead minions, while dks only have it now because necro isn't playable yet.

Look at the model from "death knights" of Warcraft 1 - they are not death knights inasmuch as a priest is not a paladin and a warlock is not a demon hunter.

They wear cloth - ergo they are necromancers, Blizz just wanted them to sound cooler and distinguish them as quasi-heroes at the time.
    Also in Warcraft 3, there are necromancers who summon undead minions far ore often than dks raising the dead, so it is more of a necromancer thing by definition.
    Last edited by Arkenonporos; 2020-07-23 at 02:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The very fact that you have to take a major feature from an existing class in order to make a new class viable indicates that the new class shouldn’t be brought into the game in the first place.

It would be like taking demonic pets from Warlocks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    yeah besides every need, we get two new classes that are no classes but more class skins /prestige look or even mb a f****** profession.
    Tinker Class =/= Engineering Profession

No lmao.

/10chars
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The very fact that you have to take a major feature from an existing class in order to make a new class viable indicates that the new class shouldn’t be brought into the game in the first place.

It would be like taking demonic pets from Warlocks.

- - - Updated - - -

Tinker Class =/= Engineering Profession
    No, it would be like taking demon form from warlock as stated above - which is precisely what happened with the introduction of demon hunters.

If we're getting two new classes, then I hope it's Necromancer and Bard.

7+ Year Old Account
    two new classes is a bit too much for blizzard who could barely do a new one years ago with just 2 specs, is either one of those or we get nothing in the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    If we're getting two new classes, then I hope it's Necromancer and Bard.
    I considered bard many tiems, but it just can't work in warcraft as a separate class :/
    and we have 4 leather wearers on top of that.
    There is just not enough abilities or spells or weapons for that matter to make it work.
    Instruments would sound good in theory, but in practice any wariro or mage or any other class woudl just faceroll them with their demigod-like op abilities.

So we had a huge thread about Necromancer

Then we had a huge thread about Tinkerer

now we have a COMBINED thread?!?!

HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!!!

I 100% support this idea, not only because I don't think they should have homogenized shaman and paladin, but the tears from players would be well well well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenonporos View Post
    This is achievable if Blizzards stops inventing arbitrary new systems upon systems (I'm talking covenants, soulbinds, mission table 3.0 etc.) for a new expansion, focusing instead on the above new classes.

The lore is shaping up for both: Tinker with Mechagon, and Necromancer with Shadowlands.

Cloth wearers need a 4th class - Necromancer
    Mail wearers desperately need a 3rd class - Tinker

Necromancer: Take Undead minions away from Death Knights, making them anti-paladins instead, add undead minions to Necromancers as pets. Just like demon form was taken from warlock and added to demon hunter, or that both Paladin and Priest have a Holy spec. Necro specs would be blood, frost and unholy, just like dk specs, but focusing on casting abilities instead of melee.

Tinker: Wears mail armor, uses guns and a new weapon type: dual pistols exclusively.
    The only profession locked class in the game: Professions which are learned and cannot be unlearned: Engineering, Alchemy
    3 specs:
    Pilot: Giant robot suits, think Evangelion and the like. Rockets, Lasers, Cannons, Energy Shields, Two-handed Vibro-Swords etc.
    Machinist: turrets, robot pets taken from hunter made tinker exclusive - grenades etc.
    Medic: injections, poisons, sprays, healing salves, alchemical weapons etc.
    Races: any race choosing the engineering and alchemy profession pairing (yes even tauren or trolls, as they are capable of being engineers and alchemists even now)
    Background story: You are an inventor of your people, and have started to weaponize engineering and alchemy to use in combat.

- - - Updated - - -

Guns or Dual Pistols would determine the way tinker deals damage, kinda like in FPS games:

Guns: One big burst of damage at a time - like two-handed weapons currently.
    Pistols: Shorter gradual damage at a time - like daggers and one-handed weapons currently.

Like how monks can now choose in Shadowlands if they want one-handed or a two-handed weapon.
    I don't think Blizzard can afford to lose so many players if they introduce tinkers as playable class. Who knows though, they've made bad decisions before.

Quote Originally Posted by ping-pong View Post
    I don't think Blizzard can afford to lose so many players if they introduce tinkers as playable class. Who knows though, they've made bad decisions before.
    Why would you think more choice - choice which you yourself can just not choose - would equal to losing players?
    If anything, more player choice only brings new players every single time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrivateSmiley View Post
    So we had a huge thread about Necromancer

Then we had a huge thread about Tinkerer

now we have a COMBINED thread?!?!

HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!!!
    We'll get Half Life 3 before we get Tinkers.
    Putin khuliyo

Can't necromancer just be a spec for DK? Us warlocks lost an entire spec thanks to demon hunters, nobody else should have to suffer that. The ghoul, usually poorly implemented, has been a staple in DK class fantasy regardless.