Thread: Beta Wave?

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Did anyone get in without having already preordered Shadowlands? Everyone in my guild who got in the raid invite had already preordered, where me who hasn't, didn't.
    I still didn't get in. I pre-ordered the Epic edition... still nothing. Not sure it has anything to do with pre-orders, maybe just a coincidence.
    Subbed since mid-2005 with maybe 2-3 months lapse.
    I guess it has something to do with me going very casual in WoW or maybe, as others have said in this thread, it's just totally random.
    Last edited by sys01; 2020-07-23 at 04:15 PM.
    | i9 10850K | RTX 3080 Ti Aorus | Z490 Aorus Ultra G2 | Corsair 32GB DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Seagate BarraCuda 6TB | Corsair HX1000W Platinum | Cooler Master H500M

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sys01 View Post
    I still didn't get in. I pre-ordered the Epic edition... still nothing. Not sure it has anything to do with pre-orders, maybe just a coincidence.
    Subbed since mid-2005 with maybe 2-3 months lapse.
    I guess it has something to do with me going very casual in WoW or maybe, as others have said in this thread, it's just totally random.
    I can say with the exception of things like this (raid testing) that it is 100% random. I have been in every beta except Vanilla and I am very casual...once in awhile pre order...don't raid, don't stream...nothing. Not in yet, but I'm sure it's coming and if it doesn't I really don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I thought it was strange already since we haven't seen a "no beta club" topic popping up on the forums but I guess we can use this.
    USA
    subbed
    sl pre-ordered but no beta.

I had to change regions after moving to japan. 13 years of EU progress is lost. and 2 years might not be enough to get invited maybe.
    You might have it on the EU account, you should load the client up and see.

- - - Updated - - -

Did anyone get in without having already preordered Shadowlands? Everyone in my guild who got in the raid invite had already preordered, where me who hasn't, didn't.
    People do all hte time a guy on page one did, my firend got Legion alpha when he was unsubbed and hadn't pre-ordered either. It worked, cos he subbed and ordered it, and stayed subbed for most of legion. He also got BFA alpha/beta but didn't test it.

- - - Updated - - -

How can people tell if they have beta access?

Seeing so many say they get an update on the launcher, then restart and they have beta...

4 times with updates today! But no beta when restart! GIMME BLIZZ!

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Seeing so many say they get an update on the launcher, then restart and they have beta...

4 times with updates today! But no beta when restart! GIMME BLIZZ!
    I felt that. I had this the other day, got 2 times with an update for my launcher and got no beta. And this was on reset day as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeria View Post
    I felt that. I had this the other day, got 2 times with an update for my launcher and got no beta. And this was on reset day as well.
    Ye, its been many updates lately. Was an update on Overwatch tonight too. I was like "BETA??" I'm getting mad

Some from my guild got invites, some did not
    CE 1kish, subbed, SL pre-ordered, but did not enter myself yet.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got beta invite!

US
    Subbed (until 12 Aug 2030)
    SL Preorder day 1
    12/12M Raider
    32120 Achievement points

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I'm pretty sure you have to have it pre-ordered to get in. Can be wrong though.
    Nah, we got 2 guildmates who didnt pre-order and got into beta.
    Everyone who got an invite is 12/12 mythic though.

Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    Nah, we got 2 guildmates who didnt pre-order and got into beta.
    Everyone who got an invite is 12/12 mythic though.
    Yep, same as us. Some people in our who are 12/12M didn't get invited lol.
    BUT maybe half of those who did get invite, preordred SL.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I'm pretty sure you have to have it pre-ordered to get in. Can be wrong though.
    I haven't preordered and I'm in.

Now if the servers weren't dying...

It's frustrating seeing the official class feedback threads go days and days without any feedback while players in the beta simultaneously complain about struggling to even put 5 man groups together.

Not letting many people in seems like a strange way to test your game.

EU
    Subbed
    SL Epic Edition has been pre-ordered since day one

still nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Department View Post
    It's frustrating seeing the official class feedback threads go days and days without any feedback while players in the beta simultaneously complain about struggling to even put 5 man groups together.

Servers nearly crashed yesterday during testing. It was so bad that they restarted them in the middle of it. So there were A LOT of players actually testing. So it's probably save to assume that in the coming weeks even less people will be invited.

Quote Originally Posted by Silversorrow View Post
    Got beta invite!

US
    Subbed (until 12 Aug 2030)
    SL Preorder day 1
    12/12M Raider
    32120 Achievement points
    What is your guild ranking ? Are they inviting only top 200 12/12 M raiders ?

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Servers nearly crashed yesterday during testing. It was so bad that they restarted them in the middle of it. So there were A LOT of players actually testing. So it's probably save to assume that in the coming weeks even less people will be invited.
    ONe doesn't prove the other. Servers can crash for a lot of reasons that have nothing to do with number of players on the server.

Quote Originally Posted by Department View Post

Prior to this week groups were a struggle but there are more than enough people on there now to form groups. And most of them are raiders who love dungeons.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jacktheking View Post
    What is your guild ranking ? Are they inviting only top 200 12/12 M raiders ?
    Guild ranking is:
    World: 1253
    US: 446
    Realm: 9

5+ Year Old Account
    Always the same story here. You don't want Beta anyway.

I got access to several betas over the years and after messing around for 10 minutes I stopped caring and never logged in again. Why? Because testing their product is a job for people who get paid, not something I'd consider doing in my free time. Also, by playing Beta on a character where everything you do will be meaningless in the end, you only end up spoiling the experience when it goes actually live.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Always the same story here. You don't want Beta anyway.

I got access to several betas over the years and after messing around for 10 minutes I stopped caring and never logged in again. Why? Because testing their product is a job for people who get paid, not something I'd consider doing in my free time. Also, by playing Beta on a character where everything you do will be meaningless in the end, you only end up spoiling the experience when it goes actually live.
    I feel like for an expansion with such convoluted systems like covenants+soulbinds you NEED beta , before you choose an irreversible covenant with abilities that do not play well into your rotations/ playstyle ... the existence of soulbinds further enhance this, you either open a website like wowhead /icy veins and take your time studying every single covenant+soulbind or go blind and risk regretting your choices when 9.0 hits . Really hope blizz considers this and do an open beta in the coming months. I have 4 characters that are main candidates and if you asked me right now , I wouldn't know which covenant would be the best to choose for each of them , because of too much stuff that I would like to try first hand before making it irreversible for the next 3 years