Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Pay 40k gold and you'll be carried through it effortlessly..

And to be honest, I did the fight without knowing tactics since I havent played since 8.1. And I did fine, so fight isnt hard especially when everyone outgears the fight so hard.

easy way is to buy wow tokens, sell for gold, buy in-game run from mythic guild, done that few times before since my guild is semi-casual, this is completely legal and you also get BiS gear for your gold so make sure to save rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    I triple dare you to go back to that article and read it again. In around 2 hours. Start to finish. Including reading the context of things like the 2 hours mentioned. That will be a laugh.

For everyone else: The 2 hours mentioned is the estimated time to get the cloak. The 2 hours is mentioned in relations to the cloak, in a seperate box from the rest of the article. The 2 hours is NOT Blizzard's estimation of how long the raid will take to pug.

Thank you for this. I was just about to go and try to look this up myself, because even for Blizzard, this sounded kinda sketch, like there was something missing that the OP wasn't quoting. And lo and behold.

The lack of reading comprehension from some people here (and their defenders) really astounds me sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Yeah, my point exactly. I have gotten each of the "end of expansion mounts" including this one and I could care less if someone got it. Like you said, at the very least put it on the BMAH.

Heck, I don't even recall ever seeing anyone using them outside the last patch of the expansion they got it. Like right now the Wolf and Moose I have yet to see. The Spellwing I think I've seen one or two all of BFA. Granted right now we'll see the Uncorrupted Voidwing everywhere as people show it off they got it.

Ultimately this hurts returning players and new players because it's just another item to add to the list of "Didn't play during that time for certain reasons that I'll never get". Then again I'm in the camp that thinks removing content and items from the game is stupid. Why remove things for people to do just because they didn't play during a specific time frame?
    There are some cases where these FOMO items feel really arbitrary and just done for the sake of removing stuff. With each expansion, the vault of unachievable, unobtainable stuff grows, leaving new players going "Wow, that's cool, what do I have to do to get that?" only to be hit in the face with "Lol dude should've been playing 5 years ago."

Elite PvP armor is one such example. Mage Towers and Challenge Mode skins are too, imo.

The Ahead of the Curve mounts are the biggest example because.. why? It isn't prestigious, and even Blizzard realizes it. They keep mythic mounts in the game (albeit at reduced droprates) but heroic raid mounts are removed forever? Wot.

Anyway, the moose makes for a cool druid mount.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    there are like 6 mooses, so unless you specifically care about the horn tint on that one there should be one for you.
    I like it because it makes for a really good Night Elf Druid mount. The other mooses are either Nightmarey, ghostly or plain.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I'm also against making things unobtainable, but at this point I think it's just "wow is that game where this happens" so they keep doing that, regardless of whether it makes any sense or whether people actually want it.

For certain things, like the end of xpac AOTC mounts, I wouldn't mind them going on the BMAH once that xpac becomes legacy, because they have achievements for collections. For PvP glad sets, I wouldn't be upset if you could buy it if you managed to reach a high enough rank in another season, but for a very large cost. For other things, like Mage Tower, I do think it should remain as it currently is, and I'd rather see them introduce other cool weapons/skins for players to get.

That's the estimated time to get the cloak you dink.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

I got the mount as a solo player when I played during May/June, it's doable without a guild but yes you have to put in some effort, why would you be mad that something isn't super convenient. ilvl 445 is a laugh though, nobody is clearing heroic with ilvl445 and maybe it's doable but certainly not by typical pugs, and certainly not by less experienced players. However you can get to somewhere around ilvl470 without a guild, without raiding, without "farming" m+, due to all the loot sources.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see a problem. Get a guild. Get 445 ilvl. Go in raid. Kill boss. Profit.

If you are trying to PuG there are also lots of resources out there that are better than just trying to get someone in the group finder or even worse trade chat. Contrary to popular belief not everyone who plays this game is an asshole and some people will actually help you as long as you aren't a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by yunito View Post
    very easy to find a guild who willing bring u in for gold (its heroic not mythic).and also could try a good premade pug cross realm via forums.heroic can go up to 30ppl. 2months ago maybe not so easy but now a day is doable
    This is called a paid carry. LOL

7+ Year Old Account
    You’ll want to be around 445
    what is this shit? are they mocking us? pugs don't call you even if you are 460, it was a fucking pain in the ass to get this fuck shit mount

hope they put the shit mounts back in this ahead of the curve thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    There are some cases where these FOMO items feel really arbitrary and just done for the sake of removing stuff. With each expansion, the vault of unachievable, unobtainable stuff grows, leaving new players going "Wow, that's cool, what do I have to do to get that?" only to be hit in the face with "Lol dude should've been playing 5 years ago."
    Definitely! Sucks too for anyone who is new and just now in their teens. When Classic came out they weren't even able to play games yet get to miss out on some nice mogs, mounts and stuff because of made up reasons by Blizz.

Elite PvP armor is one such example. Mage Towers and Challenge Mode skins are too, imo.
    Definitely agree with these. I mean Elite PvP gear being tied to a season is dumb. Does it really matter when they hit X rank? It's not like one season is special over the other. Yeah there are balancing changes, but still.

The Ahead of the Curve mounts are the biggest example because.. why? It isn't prestigious, and even Blizzard realizes it. They keep mythic mounts in the game (albeit at reduced droprates) but heroic raid mounts are removed forever? Wot.
    Yeah. It's not like they couldn't make the item drop like a 25% chance instead of guaranteed. That way they still run it a few times. Just the reasoning and logic is just nowhere to be found in the decision.

I mean... They didn't lie? That is how long it takes and roughly the ilvl needed. Why should they account for player stupidity and lack of skill in a post aimed at everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Yeah, was gonna say this here. OP is misleading by suggesting it was written just after the part about the mount and the raid. It's after the legendary cloak, and it clearly intends the 2 hour part to be for getting the cloak.
    I'm sure he is one of those people that just read the MMO-C front page instead of the source material, and MMO-C regularly screws up the formatting which makes it lose context. The same can be said about any interview or Q&A, go hit the source material before you talk about it, or you'll look like a fool. Of course MMO-C could improve here, but not like thats going to happen, they've been like this for years now. Not sure why need to make every post blue with crappy formatting instead of just keeping the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Definitely! Sucks too for anyone who is new and just now in their teens. When Classic came out they weren't even able to play games yet get to miss out on some nice mogs, mounts and stuff because of made up reasons by Blizz.

Definitely agree with these. I mean Elite PvP gear being tied to a season is dumb. Does it really matter when they hit X rank? It's not like one season is special over the other. Yeah there are balancing changes, but still.

Yeah. It's not like they couldn't make the item drop like a 25% chance instead of guaranteed. That way they still run it a few times. Just the reasoning and logic is just nowhere to be found in the decision.
    Well it isn't made up... they want people to feel special for having played during a certain period of time in game.

The only two times I despised such a system was in mop and wod with the removal of the legendary quest. I didn't care about the rewards but essentially removing wrathion from mop took out half the lore. Hell he had a backstory he played for almost every boss in throne of thunder.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    It is though.
    I sincerely doubt that. I've seen people fail in raids, never ONCE seen a fail in a warfront. They're idiot-proof. A blind eskimo with frostbitten hands and feet could do a warfront.

So, what's the point of this thread exactly?

Are you complaining that you have to raid to get a raid reward, or are you complaining that said raid may take longer than 2 hours? Either way - Lol.

Maybe you're the one out of touch OP.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I sincerely doubt that. I've seen people fail in raids, never ONCE seen a fail in a warfront. They're idiot-proof. A blind eskimo with frostbitten hands and feet could do a warfront.
    You haven't done some heroic warfront's then. I've been in some where they were fails because people thought they could just stand there and do nothing like in normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    This is gold:

I double dare someone who's been playing casually doing LFR, Mythics and WQs to form a pug in July 2020 to clear Heroic Ny'alotha and kill N'Zoth. In around 2 hours. Start to finish. Including forming a pug. That will be a laugh.
    I wonder if they even play their own game. They make it sound as easy as doing a Warfront.
    They can only estimate the amount of time the raid itself takes. Finding a group is not something that can be estimated as it is too varied and random. And it is entirely up to you. If a casual can do it, what stops you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I saw one failed early on when people assumed the npcs could repel the base assualt as people rushed resource grinding but that is the only one ive ever seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, our guildie streamer is making charity Heroic raids every week for viewers and it takes about 2 hours with a bunch of randoms and maybe 2-3 guys from core guild tagging along to make shit smoother and out of boredom.

I'm sure there are plenty pugs there.