Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Simply stimulating people into buying gold tokens for a mount you don't really want and won't use very long anyway.

The entire article that this segment comes from is to create some sort of urgency so you have to get this content fast before it goes away! In all honestly you don't and supposed "rare" mounts are so plentiful they have lost all meaning.

@OP
    Yea, because they certainly got the entire Blizzard team debating what should be written in this news piece. God knows who had to have the last word, but can't imagine it was somebody lower in the ranks than Ion himself!
    Get a grip, man.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    So, again, due to the ability to get much higher ilvl or equal ilvl to what heroic raid drops, the community requires you to outgear the content for pugs, which is a perversion of the system. The raids are not only doable at lower than 460 ilvl, its designed for you to be lower, hence the reason the ilvl rewarded is 460.
    Stating the obvious here and in your other posts. Kind of getting the impression that you just want to "rage" a bit: perversion *insert chuckle* nice slant.

Therefore, blizzard is not wrong in recommending 445-460 ilvl. Their recommendation stands correct without the perversion the community adds to it.
    They're wrong in recommending that low of an ilvl given how deep into the content we are. It's misleading at this point in the content patch. Its not a perversion that people, after 7 months of playing the content, have and expect people to be at or above a certain gear level for the top end (well heroic in this case) content.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azharok View Post
    Because everyone has easy access to loot, 475 from weekly, doing a +12 (which isn't that hard) give 470ilvl from weekly. Add to that TR where you can buy 480 gear, cloak and neck which are like 500+. Anyone under 460ilvl at this point in the expac either doesn't play their toon (alt/unsubbed) or does not care about gear progression (happy doing WQs and low lvl dungeons and raids). So everyone expects people to be "overgeared" for most puggable content.

This will of course revert somewhat once SL starts since everyone will be starting from scratch again. But give it 2 months into raid prog and the minimum ilvl required to do the most trivial content will have increased dramatically.
    Not necessarily, blizzard has stated that loot will be less abundant in shadowlands. Blizzard should also stop increasing ilvl by such drastic amounts, though. It would def be better in my opinion to go back to a BC model. Starting an expansion at 385ish BIS and ending at 480ish is insane. Literally moving up 100 ilvl in one expansion is stupid. I guess this was largely due to forging, though. I guess You have to have high increases when things can titanforge to be the ilvl of something you would get from the next tier. Forging messed up alot of stuff. lol

I'd take 445 with 12/12(hc or mythic) on main over a 460-475 who has 0 experience on something like Raden or Nzoth.
    Yeah when that list of people appears in the Group Finder, you will choose the guy with 445 over the 460+ who signed up. I believe you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because everyone has easy access to loot, 475 from weekly, doing a +12 (which isn't that hard) give 470ilvl from weekly. Add to that TR where you can buy 480 gear, cloak and neck which are like 500+. Anyone under 460ilvl at this point in the expac either doesn't play their toon (alt/unsubbed) or does not care about gear progression (happy doing WQs and low lvl dungeons and raids). So everyone expects people to be "overgeared" for most puggable content.

This will of course revert somewhat once SL starts since everyone will be starting from scratch again. But give it 2 months into raid prog and the minimum ilvl required to do the most trivial content will have increased dramatically.
    Do you not think the above is obvious? Or maybe you misquoted me.

I actually forgot I had this mount. Didn't everyone get it the first week of nyalotha?

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Simply stimulating people into buying gold tokens for a mount you don't really want and won't use very long anyway.

The entire article that this segment comes from is to create some sort of urgency so you have to get this content fast before it goes away! In all honestly you don't and supposed "rare" mounts are so plentiful they have lost all meaning.
    There are more "prestigious" mounts and title to obtain though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Stating the obvious here and in your other posts. Kind of getting the impression that you just want to "rage" a bit: perversion *insert chuckle* nice slant.

They're wrong in recommending that low of an ilvl given how deep into the content we are. It's misleading at this point in the content patch. Its not a perversion that people, after 7 months of playing the content, have and expect people to be at or above a certain gear level for the top end (well heroic in this case) content.
    It's a perversion due to the fact that if gearing through mythic plus wasnt a thing, then the community wouldnt have that expectation. This is because heroic doesnt benefit anyone that is mythic geared "7 months into the content",therefore, they wouldnt be doing heroic anyway. SO, a pug would consist of people who are progressing their characters through heroic, meaning theyre not 460+ yet.

I dont want to rage at all. lol. Ive played the whole patch and have no content left to do other than competitive stuff (pushing arena rating and higher keys) lol.

Im kind of getting the impression that youre one of those that cant do the content unless you / your group over gears it, though.

In conclusion, what blizzard announced wasnt wrong. You should be able to full clear heroic at 445 ilvl. Whether or not the community allows that to happen is irrelevant.
    Last edited by Recovery; 2020-07-24 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Do you want the mount? Then step up and get it. It's that simple. You aren't willing to do heroic to get it? Then too bad. Getting a cosmetic "prestige" mount is not a guarantee just for subscribing to the game.

People like you and the developers that enable you have ruined the gaming industry.
    This is absolutely not the point, it has completely gone over your head.

The point is that Blizzard think that a group of casual players (if they weren't casual they would already have it), can just walk into Heroic one day all at 445 ilvl and complete the whole thing in 2 hours. It's hilarious, most pugs that are way higher ilvl and have done it before can't even do that.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post

The point is that Blizzard think that a group of casual players (if they weren't casual they would already have it), can just walk into Heroic one day all at 445 ilvl and complete the whole thing in 2 hours. It's hilarious, most pugs that are way higher ilvl and have done it before can't even do that.
    No one said anything about 2 hours to run the raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Yeah when that list of people appears in the Group Finder, you will choose the guy with 445 over the 460+ who signed up. I believe you.
    It doesn't matter if you believe me or not. I'm just saying that we ran 2 nzoths last week for cores, got like 5 470+ and filled with whatever queued first come first served and proceeded to one shot the boss because people knew what to do which was more important than providing DPS since we had that part covered.

You could probably do a 30 man with 10 carries now and have all 10 carries jump off and it still wouldn't be as hard as it would've been with appropriate gear ilvl wise.
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post

YOU are doing a lot of assuming here. First of all, the 2 hour comment that blizzard made wasnt in reference to clearing heroic raid. Secondly, blizzard never stated to "grab a group of casuals who are all at 445 ilvl and down the heroic raid". They merely said that ilvl requirement to be effective in heroic nya is 445.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    I would if their experience was higher. I cant tell you how many times ive had a 460 ilvl player or even a 475 ilvl player sign up and then do less damage than my 430 ret.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's a perversion due to the fact that if gearing through mythic plus wasnt a thing, then the community wouldnt have that expectation. This is because heroic doesnt benefit anyone that is mythic geared "7 months into the content",therefore, they wouldnt be doing heroic anyway. SO, a pug would consist of people who are progressing their characters through heroic, meaning theyre not 460+ yet.
    This has nothing to do with what I posted or the OP. Kind of derailing the thread at this point.

I dont want to rage at all. lol. Ive played the whole patch and have no content left to do other than competitive stuff (pushing arena rating and higher keys) lol.

Im kind of getting the impression that youre one of those that cant do the content unless you / your group over gears it, though.
    You're not the first, and certainly won't be the last, to pull a made up conclusion out of your ass.

In conclusion, what blizzard announced wasnt wrong. You should be able to full clear heroic at 445 ilvl. Whether or not the community allows that to happen is irrelevant.
    Of course you can clear heroic at 445. No one is arguing that you can't. And, what the community does is irrelevant? Lawls, big lawls: what ever you have to do to try and support your weak argument.
    I'll repeat:
    The above is the current reality of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are more "prestigious" mounts and title to obtain though.
    Due to how numerous they are do they still feel prestige? Each content patch adds more to the point their value if any is diminished. There is also the matter of it becoming a common practice to sell these within the community, making them even less prestige.

Blizzard aren't going to align with PuG expecations because it's constantly in flux and generally speaking miles away from what their intended goal was.

If Blizzard started being realistic and saying "For those without AoTC it is recommended to get boosted by a friend or purchase a raid boost" they'd be fucking crucified.

3+ Year Old Account
    This has nothing to do with what I posted or the OP. Kind of derailing the thread at this point.

You're not the first, and certainly won't be the last, to pull a made up conclusion out of your ass.

Of course you can clear heroic at 445. No one is arguing that you can't. And, what the community does is irrelevant? Lawls, big lawls: what ever you have to do to try and support your weak argument.
    I'll repeat:

The above is the current reality of the game.
    Its not a weak argument at all. Blizzard wasnt stating the ilvl the community recommends. It was stating the ilvl that the content demands.

They certainly worded it in a way that is complete nonsense unless you get a carry run. This is not something you do on the quick, I've done enough helping with friend and family guilds, and guildies and unless you make this a hard carry run (and sometimes even then) you need to do actual progress on bosses if they haven't seen them already. And let's be real here, the only people that don't have the drake are the ones that obviously haven't done the raid on that level. This post clearly does not adress your informed heroic/mythic raider.

Edit: I guess it could also be MMO-Cs fault in how they formatted the post, as it makes it seem like they were implying the whole thing would take 2hours, not just the cloak.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-07-24 at 02:29 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I actually forgot I had this mount. Didn't everyone get it the first week of nyalotha?
    Because everyone raids heroic and clears it in week one.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Due to how numerous they are do they still feel prestige? Each content patch adds more to the point their value if any is diminished. There is also the matter of it becoming a common practice to sell these within the community, making them even less prestige.
    I see them more as down the line collectors item.

I have a few of the older raid mount from meta achievements which are no longer available, as well as titles. So even though "back in the day" when those were current content a lot of people had them. Less and less of todays players have those, they serve a little badge of honour to me.
    Champion of the Naruu or Hand of Adal come to my mind. Old(er) players know what has gone into getting those titles, and all though they weren't terribly difficult to get they are less common today.

One of my favorite ones is "The Undying" from running 10man Naxx with 0 deaths on bosses (again not "hard")

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Because everyone raids heroic and clears it in week one.
    Well the people who care about clearing content do. If you didn't care for the mount back then, i doubt you care for it now.

Azharok - Dalaran EU

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    They certainly worded it in a way that is complete nonsense unless you get a carry run. This is not something you do on the quick, I've done enough helping with friend and family guilds, and guildies and unless you make this a hard carry run (and sometimes even then) you need to do actual progress on bosses if they haven't seen them already. And let's be real here, the only people that don't have the drake are the ones that obviously haven't done the raid on that level. This post clearly does not adress your informed heroic/mythic raider.

Any time that the majority of a group outgears the content you're doing, its a carry for the person / people with lower ilvl. What blizzard stated is not wrong, though. A full group of people at 445 ilvl could certainly go into and down every boss in heroic nya. Just because the community's recommended ilvl does not match blizzards recommended ilvl, doesnt mean that blizzards recommended ilvl is wrong. As ive said, being able to obtain far higher ilvl from trivial sources has perverted the system and caused the community to require higher requirements for simplicity's sake.