Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Popularity Predictions (Allied Race and Customizations)

Blizz has said they don't plan to add new races in Shadowlands and I think that's true.

Plus I think we can all agree it would be a bit silly for these members of the Afterlife to care about our petty mortal conflicts...

BUT we all know Blizz will shift design due to popularity, and so I wanted to make a few predictions of what they might do in a LATER expansion.

If Kyrians get popular... Probably blue skintones for humans (customization option)
    ...or Frost Vrykul get recruited to the Alliance with a heavy Stormheim / Bastion influence. (New/allied race)

If Maldraxxus is popular... probably new custom options for Forsaken
    ... or 'allied races' in the form of new types of undead (playable undead of other races or more extreme varieites of undead)

If Ardenweald's fauns and such are popular then either nelfs will get some of their characteristics (faun horns, etc)
    ...or they'll be made playable as 'redeemed satyr' or as revived victims from Teldrassil. (new/allied race)

If Revendreth is popular... probably belf customizations for San'layn or they'll go full allied race for em.
    Possibly gargoyle stuff if they really take off but they're much less likely due to wing issues.
    Twas brillig

Or they can just make these races playable. 99% of the fanbase (including Blizzard) doesn't give a shit that "oh gosh these afterlife races wouldn't fit in the living world", they just want to play as a cool vampire or winged blue human.

Besides, Blizzard changes plans all the time. Just because they said they don't plan on adding new allied races in Shadowlands doesn't mean anything. I could see them adding these races at the end of Shadowlands just like they added Legion allied races at the very end of Legion.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I think "Blizz has said they don't plan to add new races in Shadowlands" means, not until 9.3.5 and the next Xpac is on the way, here is a grind to unlock Kyrain and Venthyr allied races. Also, FFFFF San'layn. Venthyr or nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    I think "Blizz has said they don't plan to add new races in Shadowlands" means, not until 9.3.5 and the next Xpac is on the way, here is a grind to unlock Kyrain and Venthyr allied races. Also, FFFFF San'layn. Venthyr or nothing.
    I figure if they do San'layn they'd make them look a lot more like the venthyr models either way.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    I figure if they do San'layn they'd make them look a lot more like the venthyr models either way.
    I mean, anything's possible, but the smart money is on them putting as little effort into it as they can get away with. Redesign San'layn, or drop Venthyr? If one is already done I imagine they'd go that route.

I don't think any of the races are really interchangeable with what we got on Azeroth. Personally I hope they leave these shadowlands races where they are now.
    At this point you can find people who want something playable for any race Blizzards presents us.

If they DO make Venthyr playable I hope like hell it's Alliance or Neutral. Being a badass vampire would be awesome.

The game does not need more allied race, especially low-effort ones such as Vulpera. We need more class/race combinations Undead and Zandalari Troll DH would be a good start.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    We need more class/race combinations Undead and Zandalari Troll DH would be a good start.
    What are you smoking dude?

I expect Horde to get Venthyr and Alliance either Kyrian or Sylvar (in an attempt to give players satyrs). If they'd make all four covenants ARs, then it would obviously go Horde: Venthyr + Necrolords, Alliance: Kyrian + Sylvar

There's no way Alliance will get Venthyr, they won't give them Vampires AND Werewolves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    Why would you want San’layn? Literally blood elf with blue/purple skin that are vampires (so look alike of Void Elves) versus Venthyr which are actual fucking vampires.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Why would you want San’layn? Literally blood elf with blue/purple skin that are vampires (so look alike of Void Elves) versus Venthyr which are actual fucking vampires.
    The only thing that bugs me about Venthyr is that they're anima vampires and don't drink blood (at least to my knowledge).
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

I'm not sold on the no allied races in shadowlands thing, one guy says theres no plans for new AR's at the start of if another says none entirely. Regardless the new covenant races are total Allied Race bait. Making them go neutral like pandas would be nice but if they don't it's pretty obvious which race would go where.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    The only thing that bugs me about Venthyr is that they're anima vampires and don't drink blood (at least to my knowledge).
    True. Very true

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Or they can just make these races playable. 99% of the fanbase (including Blizzard) doesn't give a shit that "oh gosh these afterlife races wouldn't fit in the living world", they just want to play as a cool vampire or winged blue human.

Besides, Blizzard changes plans all the time. Just because they said they don't plan on adding new allied races in Shadowlands doesn't mean anything. I could see them adding these races at the end of Shadowlands just like they added Legion allied races at the very end of Legion.
    This. Give me my Venthyr on the Horde, now!!!

I really don't want any and it doesn't make sense for them to join. Shadowlands is supposed to be the land of the dead. It would be odd if whole factions of dead people would come back to life.
    Also, how would it work? Would they keep recycling the dead and sending back to the living to die again? :x

I really don't see blizzard doing that and i can see it being lore that they are all bound to the arbiter.
    There might be a special way for a character or another to come back to life, but whole factions? I don't see it.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-07-25 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatman View Post
    What are you smoking dude?
    Why are you triggered?

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather get more new options for the existing races.

Glowing red eyes for Orcs, fel spikes, chaos orc skin (red) and so on.

Mogu.

We need playable Mogu.

That is all.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Blizz has said they don't plan to add new races in Shadowlands and I think that's true.
    Well, you shouldn't, because they didn't. They said they don't plan to add new races at the beginning of SL. They didn't say anything about later.