Poll: What class would YOU (yes, YOU) want to be added to the game?

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    How people think tinkers or necromancers “wouldn’t work” but support the idea of bards. Yikes lol

Quote Originally Posted by leggomydairy View Post
    How people think tinkers or necromancers “wouldn’t work” but support the idea of bards. Yikes lol
    I think people just wish that bards would work in wow, same like people wish a necromancer would be added despite stepping on the toes of demo warlocks and unholy dks and same for people that want tinklers.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like a Witch Hunter that uses magical bullets and dual wields pistols or crossbows. Honestly anything that uses ranged weapons as Hunters being the only ones of their type is kinda strange.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    None of the above. "Witch Doctor" would be the best possible option imo for multiple reasons.

1) It would contain elements of multiple of the above proposed classes, and thus have sufficient material to design an entire class. There are also multiple races per faction in which they would fit thematically, making it possible to fill the current WoW design of a bi-factional and self contained thematic class design. It also has a lot of precedent in lore.

2) It would actually be sufficiently distinct in functional design from current game classes and professions. It would most likely be a Shadow/Nature hybrid caster with a healing tree and at least one dps casting tree. Consequently it wouldn't be stepping on the toes of other classes nearly so badly as many of the above.

3) It fills the needed niche of more ranged classes, because literally every class added since TBC has been melee, causing a weird imbalance within raids and the constant need to recruit players who want to play the same ~3 1/2 classes. A ranged class would be beneficial for the long term health of the game.
    Last edited by Sooba; 2020-07-27 at 12:27 AM.

Something that uses Light/Holy magic offensively, and from range.

Tinker or bust. Well actually dark ranger would be cool too, unfortunately there would be no lore reason for alliance to have them so I doubt they'd ever become an actual class. More likely would just be a cosmetic option for blood elves or forsaken
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    Actually it's the opposite. If you look through the other thread about Tinkers, the OP hates them and tossed out anything they could think of to try to overshadow Tinker. Seems like it backfired though.
    I'm not sure where you got this idea from.

I haven't said a single negative thing about Tinkerers in any thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    That issue was already solved 10 years ago for DKs. I don't even like dark rangers, but this is just a non-issue.
    It’s not the same. Dark Rangers are specifically tied to the undead race.

The Black Mage from FF XIV, best iteration of mage ever.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would go with "None". How about focusing on existing classes & adding much needed new specs, such as a non dot based holy dps spec for priests ..

Any class, as long it's not another melee dps. I can't see shiet when fighting a boss, because it's full of pets, melees and other stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since this is called what "I would like to see", Mountain King.

Yes, its impossible to implement for non-dwarf races without losing / muddling / watering down everything that makes it awesome.
    Yes, literally all of its abilities are part of the Warrior skillset.

But since the question wasnt "what I think is feasible/possible", thats my answer.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    Actually it's the opposite. If you look through the other thread about Tinkers, the OP hates them and tossed out anything they could think of to try to overshadow Tinker. Seems like it backfired though.
    It didn't backfire at all. It shows that a majority of people would want something that isnt tinker.

171 to 69, actually, as of the time of this post.
    Last edited by Seratox; 2020-07-27 at 08:37 AM.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's weird to have all of these non-Warcraft classes in the poll.

Anyways, I want to see blademasters! It would be like a mix of arms warrior, windwalker monk, and enhance shaman.

Just considering wow, because as much as i like some of the FFXIV jobs, they are different games, different lore, different tone... etc.

I think the only one that can be it's own class is tinker, but just as a concept of class based on the use of technology, not as the exclusive goblin/gnome goofy take on that concept.

The other usual options all seem like plausible class skins or new specs.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Necromancer or summoner of some sort, fits the theme and no i do not think of dk's as a necro

Dragonball saiyan - With all these other terrible suggestions, why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    I would go with "None". How about focusing on existing classes & adding much needed new specs, such as a non dot based holy dps spec for priests ..
    And fix warlocks demonology after it got literally sliced in what? Half or not even. To be granted its abilities to the DHs.

Making stuff up from thin air to create yet another class of whatevs right now, just to have it work essentially the same as an already existing class with just some visual tweaks and different names on spells. Is that something people really want?

I mean, I guess yeah? But at the same time, it's another element to throw into the balancing calculator, and nobody with a mind for management/administration will do that just because.

Most of these ideas will almost all reflect something that already exists.

well i just like that we turn back the clock with rogues class, is already in the game but just need to design them better. design to win, is what i want. a rogue heroic class?
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”