Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    My father-in-law was dating this woman for months and it got very serious—they were making plans to marry. When it got closer to the date, the convo about him selling his house to live with her came up (she had a much bigger house) and she suddenly told him he’d have to get rid of his dog because she didn’t like how much it shed, and didn’t want to live with it.

Long story short. He got rid of the girlfriend.
    Lol!! Funny story. But he made the right choice.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Yaa don't get between a man and his pet. Especially not when it's as cute as this cat.

Right choice for sure.

crazy people are strange
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Cat may not be man's best friend, but it's a close second.

He made the right choice. Like some people pointed out, this was about control, not the cat.

Animals have the same rights as people!

Exterminate domestic cats!

Isn't that like... Genocide then?

Wut?

I think cat guys are a little weird, but still, he was completely in the right.

Hell, I wouldn't even have been in that situation as I'd never give up meat for a girl, let alone a pet.

More important question, did OP buy this forum account or did he just go crazy? Account started in 2010 and seldom started threads (a handful every few months/years). Then all of a sudden started spamming threads from the 25th July onwards...

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    I think cat guys are a little weird, but still, he was completely in the right.

Hell, I wouldn't even have been in that situation as I'd never give up meat for a girl, let alone a pet.
    I think that guys that think cat guys are a little weird are a little weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    I think that guys that think cat guys are a little weird are a little weird.
    And I think guys who think guys who think cats guys are weird are weird...are weird?

Quote Originally Posted by muffinss View Post

extremism like this is what ruins movements and ideologies. you don't have to go hard one direction. its ok to be moderate. you can be vegan / veterinarian and have a pet. i'm glad he, and thousands supported him keeping his cat. i hope the now ex-girlfriend becomes more moderate in her views.
    I mean, let's assume for a moment that this is a real story...it's just that. A story. A single anecdote. You can't make a broader comparison here.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. He had that dog for 12 years. She died this year of sudden bone cancer.
    Our one dog is 14 now. So she is getting close to the end. She appears to be healthy however. Eats good and poops good. Her mom made it until she was 16. But going to miss her a lot when she is gone from us. They can easily become like a member of the family.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

It bugs me when people casually treat animals like any other object that they can just offload when it's inconvenient.

The breeder of our last dog acquisition called us asking if we had room for one more, because that dog's adopters had decided to move to a new place that doesn't take pets. Why would you choose it in the first place? Imagine moving to an apartment that doesn't allow kids, so you just send Timmy to an orphanage.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    It bugs me when people casually treat animals like any other object that they can just offload when it's inconvenient.

The breeder of our last dog acquisition called us asking if we had room for one more, because that dog's adopters had decided to move to a new place that doesn't take pets. Why would you choose it in the first place? Imagine moving to an apartment that doesn't allow kids, so you just send Timmy to an orphanage.
    While I agree with the general thrust of your point, you can't really compare your pet to your own children.

While I love my dog like family, I would still without hesitation let him die if I had to choose between my dog and my kids.

This sounds like a bullshit wind up story, and it probably is.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    While I agree with the general thrust of your point, you can't really compare your pet to your own children.

While I love my dog like family, I would still without hesitation let him die if I had to choose between my dog and my kids.
    Personally, I'd choose my pets over most kids I've met, including my nephew. But that's probably easier to say knowing it's pretty unlikely that I'd ever have to choose.

the vegan girl is crazy because she dont want live with an animal that need meat to eat? wut?
    i mean, it doesnt need more than 2 neurons to infere that, some veg could go over it, but its dumb to expect it to be the normality....

My father-in-law was dating this woman for months and it got very serious—they were making plans to marry. When it got closer to the date, the convo about him selling his house to live with her came up (she had a much bigger house) and she suddenly told him he’d have to get rid of his dog because she didn’t like how much it shed, and didn’t want to live with it.

Long story short. He got rid of the girlfriend.
    Exactly get rid of her. Someone who can that easily toss away family will toss you away just as easy, they likely do not know or understand what love is and that is a shame.

Death to all carnivores basically. That's insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Personally, I'd choose my pets over most kids I've met, including my nephew. But that's probably easier to say knowing it's pretty unlikely that I'd ever have to choose.
    Sure, I'd probably choose my car over most other adults if I'm caught on a bad day, but you mentioned your own (hypothetical I'm hoping) kids in your example.

Makes me wonder if people like this would still exist if we weren’t the apex predator.

Reminds me of the hippie in futurama, where Lrrr eats him. And the vegetarian lion in that episode on the verge of death. Wackjobs.