Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    It's likely also preliminary balance. If Conquest is as easy to earn as current, getting 3x PvP rewards takes a few hours at most.
    It's probably going to be as easy, but do we know about how the ilvl will be determined? I would imagine it requires arena or rbg rating, and getting that up does take some effort depending on the requirement to get highest ilvl.

I have a question - what loot pools do the Great Vault draw from? So as we kill Raid Bosses does it put in gear only from the current raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I love doing m+ but 15 is probably too much for me too. A dungeon itself is over in half an hour, but with talking about the route, going there, picking up a drink before starting and just chatting with your buddies it takes a bit longer. I play a couple evenings 20-22 o'clock in which time we mostly do 3 dungeons. That means 5 days a week dedicated to dungeons to make the third bracket. Considering I also want to raid 2 nights that's not gonna happen at all for me.
    Yeah, that's exactly my situation. I'm fine with comiiting to a single run per week plus the work to keep the rating high, but i'd spend more time in farming heroic raids cause i just like the content better. With this chest i can have shots at new gear like anyone else.

Anyway, i also think the numbers will be lowered a little. Again, best course for M+ tier specifically is to lower the number but enforce different dungeons completed so people won't just flock to the easiest/fastest one.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    I assume the third option is designed to be very difficult or time intensive to get. A progress raid group won’t get all 3 choices from the raid either because they won’t have that many bosses killed.
    PvPers will, raiders can fill with the difficulty below progress. M+ can obviously fill theirs too. The difference is how long it takes to fill whatever you have remaining, and M+ is the clear outlier.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    We need to grind 15 M15 dungeons every week.

For two years.

On every character.

So that's your every weekend schedule filled untill 2023.
    No where does it say that. Those are self imposed, optional requirements. Just as doing anything for a chest is optional.

I have recieved one weekly chest since they started. It was the first week they were available, didn't care for M+, so I never went back. Never been a fan of running dungeons over and over, so it was never my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunzi View Post
    I have a question - what loot pools do the Great Vault draw from? So as we kill Raid Bosses does it put in gear only from the current raid?
    Probably. Basically combining the weekly M+ and PvP chests with the raid bag from weekly dungeon event.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    PvPers will, raiders can fill with the difficulty below progress. M+ can obviously fill theirs too. The difference is how long it takes to fill whatever you have remaining, and M+ is the clear outlier.
    You don’t know how long it takes to get conquest in SL. For example, they could reduce the conquest cap to 100 and have multiple weekly quests like now where reaching 100 doesn’t take long if you do the quests. But everything after 100 could take a long time. Maybe those 250 for the third option will require 50 arena wins, for example

Edit: and filing the raid with heroic kills will give you heroic ilvl items
    Last edited by Wuusah; 2020-07-30 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    It's probably going to be as easy, but do we know about how the ilvl will be determined? I would imagine it requires arena or rbg rating, and getting that up does take some effort depending on the requirement to get highest ilvl.
    Currently it's "your highest rating bracket rated PvP win of the week", so without any rating the rewards will still be shitty, but they would be in all three cases (15x +3, 10x LFR bosses).

Still, capping Conquest rewards is WAY faster than the other two, if Conquest is as fast as current. Literally to the point of PvP tier 3 being faster than either of the other tier 1 rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    No where does it say that. Those are self imposed, optional requirements. Just as doing anything for a chest is optional.

I have recieved one weekly chest since they started. It was the first week they were available, didn't care for M+, so I never went back. Never been a fan of running dungeons over and over, so it was never my thing.
    So your way of playing the game has nothing to do with this discussion, then? Everything is technically optional, that's an irrelevant point. Those "self imposed requirements" are very much real and have to be considered when designing the game.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Why does it matter if people do that? They did 15 keys including a +15. And there's nothing to suggest that X will be anything other than the number of dungeons required for each unlock.
    Because you're not rewarding effort. It's the same as killing 1 mythic boss and then all LFR to get 3 mythic loot, which currently is worded like this and i think it's plain wrong. It should be "at least X level bosses to get X level gear".

And for the Nth time, you can just do your single +15 run and get the max ilvl without doing anything else. You not gonna get more items, only more options - and you can get only one item out of the cache. Meaning that if you do 2 steps of Raid and 2 steps of M+, you will have 4 items available but again can bring out only one.

So your way of playing the game has nothing to do with this discussion, then? Everything is technically optional, that's an irrelevant point. Those "self imposed requirements" are very much real and have to be considered when designing the game.

- - - Updated - - -

You don’t know how long it takes to get conquest in SL. For example, they could reduce the conquest cap to 100 and have multiple weekly quests like now where reaching 100 doesn’t take long if you do the quests. But everything after 100 could take a long time. Maybe those 250 for the third option will require 50 arena wins, for example

Edit: and filing the raid with heroic kills will give you heroic ilvl items
    Conquest exists on beta.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by exdeath202 View Post
    Then he understood correctly, it’s just that if what you said it’s true, the blue post was wrong because there is no way someone could infer what you said from the blue post alone. It literally says the it lvl is determined by the lowest of the top x.
    You don't seem to understand. The X stands for the amount of dungeons required for the reward. The blue post is correct.

So lowest of the top 1 for the first reward, where top stands for the highest key. Lowest of the top 5 for the second reward, where top stands for the 5 highest keys. So lowest of the highest 5 keys done determines the reward.

Got it now?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Because you're not rewarding effort. It's the same as killing 1 mythic boss and then all LFR to get 3 mythic loot, which currently is worded like this and i think it's plain wrong. It should be "at least X level bosses to get X level gear".

And for the Nth time, you can just do your single +15 run and get the max ilvl without doing anything else. You not gonna get more items, only more options - and you can get only one item out of the cache. Meaning that if you do 2 steps of Raid and 2 steps of M+, you will have 4 items available but again can bring out only one.
    Except this is rewarding effort, that's the point of it.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't seem to understand. The X stands for the amount of dungeons required for the reward.

So lowest of the top 1 for the first reward, where top stands for the highest key. Lowest of the top 5 for the second reward, where top stands for the 5 highest keys. So lowest of the highest 5 keys done determines the reward.

Got it now?
    You don't know that that's what the X stands for.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

"Doesn't affect me so it isn't a problem". Kind of self-centered, wouldn't you say?

The fact of the matter is that that's the new optimal. The value of each tier is less than the previous, but optimal is optimal, and 15 M+ runs per week per character you want to optimize is a LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Best way to spend your time with this system is to do 1 M+, a full raid (however many bosses that is), and get at least 150 Conquest. That'd land you ~5-6 items to choose from for not much time spent. Getting the second and third M+ tier is definitely the slowest and that might be the point.
    Bolded the actually interesting part. I also think this is a way to make M+ less profitable in terms of gearing. Which makes sense honestly - you can gear with raids only but M+ is just so much more efficient that everyone spams them and then get in raid that make the whole thing more or less void if not for getting AOTC or Cutting e
    Edge.

I'm fine with M+ being a parallel progression with raids, i don't like much the fact some of my BiS are there but i am willing to just go with that. But it's been 2 expansions where M+ was just the way to go, due to how the systems were conceived. 8.3 changed it only because corruptions broke the gear completely.

Conquest exists on beta.
    And things can change there. Almost like it’s a beta.

Bolded the actually interesting part. I also think this is a way to make M+ less profitable in terms of gearing. Which makes sense honestly - you can gear with raids only but M+ is just so much more efficient that everyone spams them and then get in raid that make the whole thing more or less void if not for getting AOTC or Cutting e
    Edge.

I'm fine with M+ being a parallel progression with raids, i don't like much the fact some of my BiS are there but i am willing to just go with that. But it's been 2 expansions where M+ was just the way to go, due to how the systems were conceived. 8.3 changed it only because corruptions broke the gear completely.
    They already significantly cut the amount of gear you get from M+.

- - - Updated - - -

And things can change there. Almost like it’s a beta.
    And giving feedback is our way of trying to make the changes go in the right direction.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Except this is rewarding effort, that's the point of it.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't know that that's what the X stands for.
    "lowest of the top X dungeons". So please tell me what do you think it stands for then? If someone says you that you are rewarded based on the top five dungeons you did this week, you still don't understand how you get rewarded? Or you think the X is something else than a number?

It's not very difficult to figure if you actually gave it a thought.
    Last edited by facefist; 2020-07-30 at 12:29 PM.

Edge.

Yep, I agree. Blizzard is clearly taking steps to tone down M+ rewards overall, without making it irrelevant. Nobody looks at the current setup of 10 raid bosses vs 15 M+ runs vs 250 Conquest and thinks "yeah that's about equal in terms of time". There's a clear intention here, though it might be exaggerated since it's beta and there hasn't been any blue posts about it yet.
    They want people to be encouraged to run different kinds of content, in particular to not feel reliant/forced to do M+.

"lowest of the top X dungeons". So please tell me what do you think it stands for then? It's not very difficult to figure if you actually gave it a thought.
    It could easily be less than the amount required for the bracket. So the brackets are 1/5/15 but rewards are based on 1/3/7.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU