Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why do Mages never have tons of changes in Patches/Expansions?

This is something I've noticed in the past. Been a long time player, but one of those that is very on and off with the game (usually play the first four-five months of an expac pretty hard then wait til the next). I've noticed whenever we're in this stage of an expac coming out soon, I never see "Mage" pop up on class changes relative to other classes. Do we know why this is? I feel like I've seen a total of 4-5 lines for all of Shadowlands thus far

You cannot improve perfection.

5+ Year Old Account
    Mage is already overpowered.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't need to mess around with things that work good...

Except for minor game breaking things (ignite, alter time), mages have been pretty stable.

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    Don't need to mess around with things that work good...

Except for minor game breaking things (ignite, alter time), mages have been pretty stable.
    Isn't there something to be said on change for the purpose of change?

Atleast mages are not broken like shadow priests and they also have 0 updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Sw1tch View Post
    Why, there is no reason to change for the sake of change, if it works.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. There isn't.

Fire was just completely rebuilt, and the other specs also had significant changes. What are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Mage is already overpowered.
    They've been like that for almost every single expansion, so they obviously don't need to fix anything in the developers eyes.

Changes are not done because "muh changes", instead something gets changed if it doesn't work (good) or is completely overpowered (mistwalker 800k hps anyone).
    No reason to change anything that most people are familiar with + it works very well.

Sometimes something gets changed because there is some fresh wind needed.

(Blizz plx do something about BDK, SL is another exp with mostly the very same talentbuild :S )
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2020-07-30 at 03:00 PM.

All 3 specs got changed (fire and arcane signicantly) with Legion and to a lesser and sadly worse degree in Bfa.

So.. what are you talking about?

Same with Holy Priest! I barely notice any changes yet they are far from raidmeta compared to disc or holy pala....

Yes, that it's stupid. You're taking something that works and gambling for no reason.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

This is something I've noticed in the past. Been a long time player, but one of those that is very on and off with the game (usually play the first four-five months of an expac pretty hard then wait til the next). I've noticed whenever we're in this stage of an expac coming out soon, I never see "Mage" pop up on class changes relative to other classes. Do we know why this is? I feel like I've seen a total of 4-5 lines for all of Shadowlands thus far
    mages have seen plenty of changes along the years,you know what has goten almost ZERO changes?resto shamans,literaly since tbc we have been a chain heal bot

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Yes, that it's stupid. You're taking something that works and gambling for no reason.
    The thing is... define "works", it's not entirely but often subjective.

I.e. i think that pre legion arcane "worked" better than the boring iteration now while at the same time they did something good with fire with the Legion rework (sadly taking a notch down in bfa.)

Hell, i am probably in the minority but i'd even say i like the Legion-bfa iteration of shadowpriests, probably because i only raid with my shadow alt and only do the barely necessary in m+/visions per week but the uniqueness and bleeding edge feel of the ramp up mechanic absolutely rocks for me (in the right content..)

Why do kids always want changes? half the time changes make the class worse and then you're back on here crying about how your class needs to be buffed now and blizzard ruined it.
    Just because a class isn't getting changes, doesn't mean it needs changes. Leave it alone you don't need a page full of changes to think the class is going place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Atleast mages are not broken like shadow priests and they also have 0 updates.
    shadowpriest gets a re work every damn expansion.

Only classes you see getting attention/changes are normally - Monk (normally Brew), priest, a hunter spec normally BM/surv. Aff/destro lock.

Everyone else is lucky to get some love once every 3-4 expansions.

Bottom line, they need to do more work on classes
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

The only thing to be said about change for the sake of change, is that it is a terrible design decision. Reinventing the wheel "just because" is a waste when you can use that time and energy to create something new and/or address actual issue where change would do some good, and it only servers to alienate those who were happy with how things worked before they were changed. Sometimes wheels really are round "enough".
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-07-30 at 09:56 PM.

You change a class, maybe I will not enjoy it anymore. If I do not find one that I enjoy, I stop playing.

Change is just a risk I will stop paying for a sub.