Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoTorres View Post
    Real talk, why still have race/class restrition on this game?
    In comparison to basically every other MMO right now, there really is no reason. Though some of the class/race combos allowed do feel like the lore team is bending over backwards to justify them. Just decouple the idea of class/race combos from the lore and be done with it.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Undead paladins have existed in the game for a long time, just not playable. It made sense they were not playable since the playable undead we have are raised people of Lordaeron who joined of the Forsaken faction, and that faction has never aligned with the typical righteous and honorable disposition the Knights of the Silver Hand had (or imagined themselves having, for the cynics). Were a paladin of Lordaeron be raised I would imagine those who lose faith would join the Forsaken, those who still held to their beliefs would go their own and some eventually would join the Argent Dawn. Basically people like Sir Leonid Barthalomew the Revered are completely incompatible with the Forsaken faction and culture.

But Sylvanas is gone, the Forsaken faction is changing, there is hope for a renewal of faith not only in the Light but in humanity and in their living relatives. It would be perfectly reasonable undead paladins would be interested in joining the new Forsaken under Calia's watch and try to help guide their once lost brothers. It is literally what paladins live (or unlive) to do.

At this point Undead and Zandalari would be the only logical and real paladins the horde could and should have. The other races they gave the class to being a mockery of the lore.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    At this point Undead and Zandalari would be the only logical and real paladins the horde could and should have. The other races they gave the class to being a mockery of the lore.
    Agree but blood elves learned paladin way with humans, isnt it? When they all were high elves on alliance
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Got ganked by a Vulpera, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Undead paladins have existed in the game for a long time, just not playable. It made sense they were not playable since the playable undead we have are raised people of Lordaeron who joined of the Forsaken faction, and that faction has never aligned with the typical righteous and honorable disposition the Knights of the Silver Hand had (or imagined themselves having, for the cynics). Were a paladin of Lordaeron be raised I would imagine those who lose faith would join the Forsaken, those who still held to their beliefs would go their own and some eventually would join the Argent Dawn. Basically people like Sir Leonid Barthalomew the Revered are completely incompatible with the Forsaken faction and culture.

But Sylvanas is gone, the Forsaken faction is changing, there is hope for a renewal of faith not only in the Light but in humanity and in their living relatives. It would be perfectly reasonable undead paladins would be interested in joining the new Forsaken under Calia's watch and try to help guide their once lost brothers. It is literally what paladins live (or unlive) to do.

Well summed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not until Alliance get a new race that isn't a copy and paste of something original. Tired of the Horde getting unique races for paladins.

It's been since BC since the Alliance have gotten a 'new' race for paladins. (LFD and DID are both carbon copy and paste for animations)
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

5+ Year Old Account
    Drop all class/race restrictions.

Bring on the Draenei Warlocks and Undead Paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    We've been having paladin undead from scarlet crusade for so long, without even talking about priests that can wield holy power.

ah damn wrong forum, sorry.
    I've been crusading for this for years man! You are not alone. The revelations of BTS regarding Alonsus Faol/Turalyon and further the events including Calia Menethil, make for a seriously cool setup for introducing lore-friendly Undead Paladins.

Specifically, I refer to my own mental image of an Undead Paladin, which would be a faithful Lordaeronian who fell, was raised and sought to serve the Light still, though it pained him/her to use it. Pretty cool elements of Stoicism and the strength of will in this race/class combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Isenholt View Post
    I've been crusading for this for years man! You are not alone. The revelations of BTS regarding Alonsus Faol/Turalyon and further the events including Calia Menethil, make for a seriously cool setup for introducing lore-friendly Undead Paladins.

Specifically, I refer to my own mental image of an Undead Paladin, which would be a faithful Lordaeronian who fell, was raised and sought to serve the Light still, though it pained him/her to use it. Pretty cool elements of Stoicism and the strength of will in this race/class combo.
    It would justified to add an undead paladin, I don't know what blizzard is waiting for.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. Forsaken is trash enough without sullying my favourite Class.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    No. Forsaken is trash enough without sullying my favourite Class.
    The right reason here, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    Wrong Fourm, but im sure a mod will move it for you, And while its not official lore, hearthstone has shown Undead paladins (remember they showed us ZAndalari paladins before they was put in)

https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/heart...ritha_full.jpg
    Here's the thing, troll paladins are not new in lore. In lore, they were viewed as heretics and cast out by the others because they worshiped the light vs loa. So they were well established in lore.

In lore, holy and discipline priests are Very few and far between in the forsaken ranks. Most can only be shadow priests. Whenever a forsaken priest uses a spell that utilizes the light, it invokes immense pain for them. Its nearly unbearable. It revives their decaying and rotting flesh, so they feel every wound, every maggot crawling in their flesh.

Now, one of the arguments is Sir Zeliek. Well, he worked due to the Lich Kings power holding his body hostage and forcing it to use the light. The only reason he is able to continue wielding the light is because he believes that trying to fight the Lich Kings control is a holy deed. He is the Only known, and confirmed in lore, undead paladin. The other NPCS you see are just no name npcs that are not really anything to go off of in a lore sense.

The other one is that Lorderon had paladins when it fell. It did. But they were said to be unable to die from the plauge, and thus, not be able to turn into forsaken.

Last is, as I said, holy light hurts the forsaken. Paladins use such strong light that it incinerates any undead it comes in contact with. Any forsaken who attempts to wield such powerful holy energies would basically be committing suicide. The light would tear them to shreds due to how concentrated it is. So again, in lore, its impossible for them to actually wield and weaponize the light as paladins do.

That is why we don't have them. They are 100%, against the lore in every sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

7+ Year Old Account
    Agree but blood elves learned paladin way with humans, isnt it? When they all were high elves on alliance
    From what I recall, there were no High Elven paladins, spare from the one who was trained by Uther, Mehlar Dawnblade. (We do have a half-elf paladin but, yeah. Half-human. If you can show me some high elven paladin, that'd be sweet!) Then he joined the Blood Knights - who did make a mockery of the Light and in my opinion, was done really well. They forced the Light to bend to their will through the Naaru, claiming they were the 'True masters of the Light'. And nowadays, while we see people like Liadrin worshipping the Light - Blood Elves do not need to do so as they can channel the Light directly through the Sunwell.

i just want void elves to be paladin so... whatever the lore. It is a crazy mess anyway
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all.

Void Elf paladin, please?

Real talk, why still have race/class restrition on this game?
    Thank goodness we do or 90% of character races we'd see would be Humans, Blood Elves and Void Elves

Quote Originally Posted by Debased View Post
    Thank goodness we do or 90% of character races we'd see would be Humans, Blood Elves and Void Elves
    This seems like a symptom of a larger problem where restriction shouldn't be the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    This seems like a symptom of a larger problem where restriction shouldn't be the answer.
    exatly.. if i cant play my tauren rogue, i will with belf rogue..

Yes please....
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Undead have awesome casting and attack animations so I can dig it. Lore's out the window at this point and there's already plenty of Undead paladins now, for better or worse.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    That's a fine point. I imagine the current devs would completely redevelop the playable races if they really had the chance.

I play plenty of 'em, but it surprises me how the Horde still has only one traditionally attractive, human like race. The Nightbourne look alien if you ask me. Sure, there are a few 'cute' races but cute is not the same as attractive.

I think I read somewhere that the light's effect on undead is very negative.

Pain and agony and it causes some of their body to come back alive like their nerves and their taste buds.

So lets just get us some Night Elf paladins and restore the Alliance as the dominate pally faction.