Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Priest probably.

Paladins?

It's when you see a zandalari in T2 judgement gear (or in any paladin raid/arena gear), that you know it's wrong.
    But everything is possible, devs did it, so let it be (and frankly T2 paladins BE was the same BS).

Warlock.

I'll show myself out.

For real tho, my Zandalari is a paladin, the 2H sword from ToT is like a dead perfect match with their Heritage armor (which is one of the better ones imo).

10+ Year Old Account
    Druid, for Kothoga and Gamera forms.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    I didn't level any Horde this expansion, but throughout the war campaign and world quest farming, I thought the dino-mancers (which are kind of like druids?) felt extremely in line with their lore and themes.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I dig the whole Zandalari "dinosaur/caster" vibe, but just curious which class best captures that fantasy?

Seems a toss-up between Shaman or Druid, curious what you guys would say best encapsulates their culture?
    In my head, it's the paladin. They combine the harnessing of power (in this case, the light) of the shaman, the zeal of a priest, and the heart of a warrior.

hunters, shamans, paladins

Warrior or Priest for most Zandalari and Rogue for the lower caste ones. Paladin if you wanna be like the king's guard.

Druid, definately, theyve always revolved around animals and shapeshifting, and half their loa are animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian Rayne View Post
    This is going to be a minority opinion but I say Paladin.
    Nah dude, Zandalari Paladins are cool as hell and lots of people love the prelates!!

Zandalari are the master race (I say as a night elf fan). They’re popular because they have good models for mog, the dinosaur stuff, the gold Mayan / Aztec / Incan inspired architecture, and their versatility. Dinomancers. prelates. Ofc Shamans and rogues and warriors all fit them too. Some day they’ll let them be warlocks I’m sure (they’re zandalari they can do ANYTHING)

I've definitely come around more to the idea of a Zandalari Paladin. I think it was harder to wrap my head around, because I played a Paladin back in vanilla, so I remember their distinct "knight in shining armor" vibe. Now, though, a lot of their abilities are really vague "Light-themed abilities", which is kind of generic and uninteresting, but does make Zandalari Paladins less of a stretch.

I may ought to take a similar look at Priests. My issue with Priests has always been, a *LOT* of races have characters they call "priests", but as a playable Class, they've always felt like a very Catholic interpretation of what a priest is. Lots of crosses and ankhs in their sort of imagery. Only recently had Shadow become totally Void-themed (which is kind of a shame, because I loved the "Raven Priest" vibe they tried to introduce back in Wrath). Ultimately, though, I don't see any real correlation between Priests (the class) and the Zandalari, other than the name.

I'll say one point for the Shaman, are those cosmetic glyphs that change Ghost Wolf and Spirit Wolves into raptors. It's not specifically Zandalari-themed, so much as "Trolls in general", but is does make the Shaman feel a little more in-the-running.

Still a close call between Shaman, Druid, and Paladin, I think. In my mind, I always saw Darkspear as more of a Hunter-centric culture (with a witch-doctor being sort of a rarity), which I think is why I sort of lean towards Shaman. But I also thought it was a good comment, that "Zandalari are the most regal of troll nations", which does kind of imply Paladin or Priest a bit more.

I say Paladin because... My horde main is a Z fem pally =). I love her. The whole prelate thing made me really like Zandalari pallies. I wish though that the "Prelate" title was available for Zandalari pallies but probably not, since the Prelate title was used mainly for Draenei paladins.

There is also an option to diminish the "wrong" feel of Zandalari Paladins and Priests by macroing their abilities. This way, you can change their names and icons to something more appropriate. The visual effects of the abilities are (for the most part) generic enough to go well with these changes.

Warrior,shammy, hunter fit best in my mind. I feel like normal trolls make better casters.

The same class that fits all the jamaican savage poohut dwellers: shaman

Paladin or Druids to me, but if I had to choose, Druids due to the whole Dinomancer thing which I love.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    The same class that fits all the jamaican savage poohut dwellers: shaman
    It's Darkspear who are jamaican though. Zandalari are more aztec or mayan.