Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    No, I prefer to run newest raid, instead those I did so many times in the past. And still, there is not enough time in a week to run old raids on top of new one. Also, I am 100% sure majority would not want to raid old places simply because they may drop BiS loot. Imagine all those forum posts "WTF why Blizz is recycling old content???". Besides, we already had this feature present with Timewalking. This idea is dead on arrival.
    Your opinion does not represent of the majority. And blizzard already did recycle old content. That is 5 man dungeons. Blizz buffed their loots and dmg/hp increase as well.
    And about the time, you are right. Thats why I said, rotate them, so all old raids are not up. Like warfront.
    Raid bosses are fun, challenging. Just give us more content to do after you are finished with Nyaloth raid and stuck for a week due weekly reset. I want to progress further with raiding. Not stuck with one week, and forced to do recycled content 5 man dungeons. Give us options. Nothing wrong with that. I hope you understand me

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenjie View Post
    Your opinion does not represent of the majority. And blizzard already did recycle old content. That is 5 man dungeons. Blizz buffed their loots and dmg/hp increase as well.
    And about the time, you are right. Thats why I said, rotate them, so all old raids are not up. Like warfront.
    Raid bosses are fun, challenging. Just give us more content to do after you are finished with Nyaloth raid and stuck for a week due weekly reset. I want to progress further with raiding. Not stuck with one week, and forced to do recycled content 5 man dungeons. Give us options. Nothing wrong with that. I hope you understand me
    I'm pretty sure it does actually, looking how people react to using old assets in form of raids, and how popular TW raids actually were. You talk about things like Kara in Legion? You want Blizz to move away rescources from new raids, just to rework old places? And them rotating wouldn't do anything, because you would still have new current raid up and old one at the same time. So imagine Ny'alotha, but at the same time single ICC is up and it drops great loot that would help you. Not enough time.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I'm pretty sure it does actually, looking how people react to using old assets in form of raids, and how popular TW raids actually were. You talk about things like Kara in Legion? You want Blizz to move away rescources from new raids, just to rework old places? And them rotating wouldn't do anything, because you would still have new current raid up and old one at the same time. So imagine Ny'alotha, but at the same time single ICC is up and it drops great loot that would help you. Not enough time.
    Im talking about older raids of BFA. Not raids from other expansions. The raids of BoD, CoC, Uldir and CoC. Give us reason to redo them, see them again after burning out of Nyaloth raid. It does not have to be ilvl loot buffed but, just reason to visit them. Maybe chest with loots as reward. I dont care. These raids should still matter, not become obsolete due 5man dungeons being recycled. I hope you get what i mean.

7+ Year Old Account
    Im talking about older raids of BFA. Not raids from other expansions. The raids of BoD, CoC, Uldir and CoC. Give us reason to redo them, see them again after burning out of Nyaloth raid. It does not have to be ilvl loot buffed but, just reason to visit them. Maybe chest with loots as reward. I dont care. These raids should still matter, not become obsolete due 5man dungeons being recycled. I hope you get what i mean.
    But these raids do still matter to certain extent. Achives, mounts, transmog, titles. Jaina mount runs were active entire 8.3.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

UBRS is the Upper BlackRock Spire, which is 10 man dungeon, which has daily reset. You do the run with 2 tanks, 2 healers and 6 DPS. Which you could finish somewhere around 1 hour - 2 hours, depending your group.

My wish for Shadowlands, that when new patch comes out with newer raid dungeon. They should make older raid turn into UBRS style. 10 man dungeon with daily reset. Make the loots that they drop there still relevant for the progression. Normal and Heroic version. And maybe even Mythic version.
    Maybe split them into two wings or three wings, like they do with Mechagon and Karazhan dungeon. So each wing should last around 1-2 hours.

I understand that it might maybe too much to make all raids available to run into, so please rotate them 5 days, like Warfront nowadays have.

Thanks for reading. Please consider this, to make older raids of current expansion more accesible to all players.
    No. That is literally the worst idea anyone has ever come up with in the history of this game.

Even worst than AP and azerite gear.

But these raids do still matter to certain extent. Achives, mounts, transmog, titles. Jaina mount runs were active entire 8.3.
    Yes, happy you agree with me somehow. They still matter, but they will matter more if 5man dungeons did not become buffed that they are better then raids. Which is just pity to me. Its harder to organize them because people are seeing, “why run raids, if 5man dungeons drop better loots”.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    UBRS is the Upper BlackRock Spire, which is 10 man dungeon, which has daily reset. You do the run with 2 tanks, 2 healers and 6 DPS. Which you could finish somewhere around 1 hour - 2 hours, depending your group.

My wish for Shadowlands, that when new patch comes out with newer raid dungeon. They should make older raid turn into UBRS style. 10 man dungeon with daily reset. Make the loots that they drop there still relevant for the progression. Normal and Heroic version. And maybe even Mythic version.
    Maybe split them into two wings or three wings, like they do with Mechagon and Karazhan dungeon. So each wing should last around 1-2 hours.

I understand that it might maybe too much to make all raids available to run into, so please rotate them 5 days, like Warfront nowadays have.

Thanks for reading. Please consider this, to make older raids of current expansion more accesible to all players.
    why would you even do the current raid tier if you could get relevant level gear from a 10 man 7x repeatable dungeon every week? Literally makes no sense.

the only way to make past tiers still relevant is to limit the iLvl increase to 5 iLvls per difficulty and cut out LFR making the difference between Mythic and Normal only 10 iLvl. so instead of a 120+ ilvl increase across the entire xpac (4 tiers) you have a 40 ilvl increase. Literally solves the rediculous stat bloat every two expansions and keeps old tiers relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    why would you even do the current raid tier if you could get relevant level gear from a 10 man 7x repeatable dungeon every week? Literally makes no sense.

the only way to make past tiers still relevant is to limit the iLvl increase to 5 iLvls per difficulty and cut out LFR making the difference between Mythic and Normal only 10 iLvl. so instead of a 120+ ilvl increase across the entire xpac (4 tiers) you have a 40 ilvl increase. Literally solves the rediculous stat bloat every two expansions and keeps old tiers relevant.
    Thats not a bad idea. Agree with u that older raids should not drop loots same ilvl as current raids. But they should still give better loots then 5man dungeons.
    With “relevant”, i mean, that the reason to run older raids should still matter, rewards should be good enough. Not make them matter so less, due 5man bosses drop better ilvl. They are nowhere same difficulty as Jaina from BoD.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, happy you agree with me somehow. They still matter, but they will matter more if 5man dungeons did not become buffed that they are better then raids. Which is just pity to me. Its harder to organize them because people are seeing, “why run raids, if 5man dungeons drop better loots”.
    But you wouldn't be running them for loot unless they are a required part of gear progression. Which means in order to progress in 8.2 you would be required to do 8.1. If they are not required why would you run the raid for loot when you could do an easier, and quicker, 5-man? Or a weekly world quest? Or just skip the old raid and do normal mode of the current raid?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    "Ok guys, we moved from EP to Ny'alotha, but they buffed EP and gave it relevant loot so we have to progress on it AGAIN, while we try progressing Ny'alotha". Dumb idea.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-08-01 at 08:27 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    That wouldn't make old tiers relevant though. Because people would still be doing the current content for upgrades. The reason why old tiers are not relevant isn't because of the item level bump but because Blizzard adds in catch up mechanics elsewhere instead of tying it to raid tiers.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

"Ok guys, we moved from EP to Ny'alotha, but they buffed EP and gave it relevant loot so we have to progress on it AGAIN, while we try progressing Ny'alotha". Dumb idea.
    I agree with you that making ilvl loots from EP equal to Ny'alotha is a dumb idea. But to make them obsolete by making 5 man dungeons drop better loots then EP. That is a dumb idea.
    But EP are somehow still relevant. But BoD and Uldir are not. cute bosses from 5 mandungeons drop better loots then Jaina from BoD. That does not make sense to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That wouldn't make old tiers relevant though. Because people would still be doing the current content for upgrades. The reason why old tiers are not relevant isn't because of the item level bump but because Blizzard adds in catch up mechanics elsewhere instead of tying it to raid tiers.
    Yep, catch up mechanics. 5 man dungeons drop same ilvl loots as EP normal. And it is much easier to run into 5 man dungeons. Thus, EP kinda became obsolete.
    Don't forget my other suggestion too. Split EP into small wings, same as LFR. So you are able to jump first of few bosses to fight other bosses further into raid.

7+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you that making ilvl loots from EP equal to Ny'alotha is a dumb idea. But to make them obsolete by making 5 man dungeons drop better loots then EP. That is a dumb idea.
    But EP are somehow still relevant. But BoD and Uldir are not. cute bosses from 5 mandungeons drop better loots then Jaina from BoD. That does not make sense to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, catch up mechanics. 5 man dungeons drop same ilvl loots as EP normal. And it is much easier to run into 5 man dungeons. Thus, EP kinda became obsolete.
    Don't forget my other suggestion too. Split EP into small wings, same as LFR. So you are able to jump first of few bosses to fight other bosses further into raid.
    But that's how it always has been. And you answered your own problem. EP is still relevant because with loot you wont find in 5-mans. And BoD is still relevant via mount runs. What more do you want? It all feels like you don't like dungeons, therefore you want Blizz to make them vastly inferior to even obsolete raids. You think people would want to progress AGAIN on previous tier raids? Because they would have to be buffed to not make them free loot fiesta. It all seems like a "you" problem. No one forces you to do dungeons really. All you need is a single m15 per week.

I'm not sure if the daily reset+having relevant loot is a good idea...

But i'm all for anything that makes mythic raids accessible to smaller guilds. My guild is 100% good enough to down a good amount of mythic bosses every tier, but we barely ever get to cause we don't field 20 people. We prefer to keep it tight rather than be recruiting constantly.

Yes i'm aware cross realm mythic opens eventually, if we're good enough to do it early, we'd like to at least have a shot at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageadon View Post
    It wouldnt be relevant gear, it would be catch up gear so you could actually go into current raid and not spend the next 3 days gearing up in mythic +, you just farm the thing til ur full bis
    There. I've fixed it for you. Mythic+ will still be the optimum way to catch up because it uses current gear that is spammable. You can still run the old raids but you will get as much interest as there is today. No one would want to run raids for catch-up gear because there already exists a more efficient method. There's no harm in it but it would just be a waste of resources.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Yeah, giant no from me on that one. Raids i can solo now for transmogs and mounts. Now i need a group for it. Fuck that noise

Not a huge fan of what they did with UBRS. I much prefer the old version. Rend and all. Also much more entertaining when Nef gets angry and tells his men to attack the healer.

But that's how it always has been. And you answered your own problem. EP is still relevant because with loot you wont find in 5-mans. And BoD is still relevant via mount runs. What more do you want? It all feels like you don't like dungeons, therefore you want Blizz to make them vastly inferior to even obsolete raids. You think people would want to progress AGAIN on previous tier raids? Because they would have to be buffed to not make them free loot fiesta. It all seems like a "you" problem. No one forces you to do dungeons really. All you need is a single m15 per week.
    Why do you think that people would like to progress previous 5man dungeons? Blizzard did recycle them. People run them all time, because they have to.

You are right, no one forces me to do 5man dungeons. But there are not many options left to make me able to progress my character.
    Blizzard is making 5man dungeons as catchup gear. But why would it hurt to make Uldir and BoD catch up gear as well? If they were split up into wings, like they do with Mechagon by splitting into two for heroics. That would make raids much more accesible and ran with much more people. You might see people starting to like them.
    To progress your character, nowadays you are left with only 5man dungeons and raids became obsolete.

5+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I just want the Old raids to be Soloable. (Talking legion) I think making them like UBRS is eeeh. I think that would be 2 things. Too much work for Blizz, and we know how lazy they can be, and we already have to put together 10 and 25 raids for current content, I think it would be abit to much. Just make the legion ones soloable and I will be happy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why do you think that people would like to progress previous 5man dungeons? Blizzard did recycle them. People run them all time, because they have to.

You are right, no one forces me to do 5man dungeons. But there are not many options left to make me able to progress my character.
    Blizzard is making 5man dungeons as catchup gear. But why would it hurt to make Uldir and BoD catch up gear as well? If they were split up into wings, like they do with Mechagon by splitting into two for heroics. That would make raids much more accesible and ran with much more people. You might see people starting to like them.
    To progress your character, nowadays you are left with only 5man dungeons and raids became obsolete.
    Dunno what to say to you. You keep ignoring that some raids are still viable, and that people would STILL lack time to run extra raid in the week, even if it's single wing, and that people would STILL be fed up with raid they just progressed on for few months. And no, no one forces anyone to run 5-mans. I have people in my guild who don't touch them beside weekly chest and are doing just fine gear wise. Your proposition is not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    Honestly I just want the Old raids to be Soloable. (Talking legion) I think making them like UBRS is eeeh. I think that would be 2 things. Too much work for Blizz, and we know how lazy they can be, and we already have to put together 10 and 25 raids for current content, I think it would be abit to much. Just make the legion ones soloable and I will be happy.
    ???

They are already soloable. You can solo mythic EN and NH np. Rest can be done on lower difficulty. And you will be to solo all with few million crits in a few months, when SL hits.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-08-01 at 10:22 PM.