Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    To quote Neilas Aran: I just want this nightmare to be over!

Literally nothing good has come from the Trump administration. It's been four years of policies based on hate, greed and stupidity, the only saving grace is how incompetent and idiotic they've been every step of the way.
    That's what happens when people vote for fascists.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do not have a problem with it. And does Australia get a pass? I am only seeing complaints about America. Wonder why?
    Are you Australian? I'm not, so their policy wasn't relevant to me. I was also unaware of it until now.

And you know what?

It's just as fucking bullshit and were I an Aussie I imagine I'd be just as mad about learning about such a cruel, pointless, xenophobic policy.

This isn't some "Fuck America in particular, and nobody else." bullshit. America, and by proxy "patriots", are not attacked when American policies are criticized.

I agree with the other very sensible posters and think this is a great idea. I'd even go one step further and say we should apply it to other similar aspects of life when someone is in danger and distress. If your house is on fire, the firemen should refuse to put it out unless you pay an application fee. Your wallet is in the house? Tough shit, you should've thought of that BEFORE the electrical fire woke you up at 3am from a sound sleep. Someone robbing you at gunpoint? No dollars, no cops. Dying of a heart attack and need CPR? Unless CPR stands for "cash paid rapidly" you deserve to lose consciousness for your disgusting lack of monetary gratitude. If you're choking on a piece of steak and need someone to perform the Heimlich maneuver? If you can't cough up the money, you ain't coughing up the beef. Think of all the precious money we'll save and all it will cost are meaningless human lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    Sure, but that also means that no more goods are allowed in or out either.

Fair is fair. If you don't want one you also don't get to have the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Mail order brides don't seem to count as 'people' to these people. I suspect they regard them more as goods.
    Life isn't fair, save that fair is fair nonsense.

I think they should start throwing out all those pesky refugees and their families that fled to the US in the last 200 years! *shakesfist*

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    send me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free. Also send a $50 check to US custom services for processing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, the cruelty is the point with the Trump criminal administration.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do not have a problem with it. And does Australia get a pass? I am only seeing complaints about America. Wonder why?
    Hello Australian here.

1. Australia's refugee policy is inhumane and probably illegal under international law (which really should matter because unlike the US, Australia usually abides by UN convents). Being an island continent we use a loophole of catching refugees in international waters (stop the boats is a slogan of our conservative party) to avoid having to process them as asylum seekers. One of the biggest political scandals ever was when the navy sunk a ship full of refugees and children. Notably, the right-wing conservative PM who gave the order is our second longest-serving PM.

2. Those that do actually make it to Australian territory can be detained indefinitely (per a high court ruling stating asylum seeker detention is not punitive and this falls to the remit of the executive arm of government, KEKKU), with processing regularly taking years and at the very least 6 months.

3. We also keep most asylum seekers in offshore processing facilities which aren't technically Australian territory so the Australian press can't report on the numerous continuing human rights violations the asylum seekers are subject too such as a denial of medical care.

4. The minister in charge of Asylum seekers and visas is an ex-member of the QLD police force (which is the most corrupt in Australia), probably shouldn't be allowed to sit in parliament (but because his is the ruling party, parliament won't refer the matter to the High court), created his own personal version of ICE that reports directly to him and has been limiting the number of visas being processed per year, unless you're his mate (and rich).

Don't kid yourself, Australia's conservative element (the Australian Liberal Party) want to be little America right down to the obvious hilarious corruption that's never investigated or punished.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    A few thousand?
    Yes thousands which is the factual range of people that apply for asylum each year but I am sure in your mind it's millions

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    I think they should start throwing out all those pesky refugees and their families that fled to the US in the last 200 years! *shakesfist*
    Finally getting rid of the nazi that went to the US in 1945?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Finally getting rid of the nazi that went to the US in 1945?
    Most of those are dead..

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Most of those are dead..
    Most is not enough,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    Mail order brides don't seem to count as 'people' to these people. I suspect they regard them more as goods.
    What were your means of immigration to Florida? I think a perspective of someone who immigrated recently, would be profound to this topic.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    send me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free. Also send a $50 check to US custom services for processing.
    All this will simply result into less migration to the US, what they need. Less talent coming there and staying there, what they need. Them constantly falling behind in several areas, what they need.

This will also further increase the instability in southern american nations, what will spill over to the US as walls don't work.

That's what people don't get, it's like thinking the Roman Empire was going to hold till forever. They won't and they'll continue to fall further behind on the world scale especially with the lack of empathy and solidarity among americans themselves, the size of their nation drives their economy and that's about where their "exceptionalism" ends. How many Europeans do you know actually want to move there? How many Europeans that go there on holiday are disgusted by the state of some places?

Says enough really, America isn't growing any more, simply look at this crisis, the richest nation in the world and it has a response that is similar to third world nations who can't do any better due to limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I didn't say they did currently with refugees status, I am saying with this idea of charging Asylum Seekers they will turn it into that, as for paying to immigrate, not going to doubt your credentials because I don't know you, but I do know about immigration requirements, and if you are rich, and willing to invest said amount of capital you can enter any country, the U.S, Australia, U.K etc.

Alien of extraordinary ability is an alien classification by United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. The United States may grant a priority visa to an alien who is able to demonstrate "extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics" or through some other extraordinary career achievements.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_...dinary_ability

Meaning money and means, not conspiratorial. There are other kinds of Visas as well if you invest said amount of money meaning you can provide for yourself meaning have means, you get through a lot quicker.
    This is literally the "genius" visa that you quoted to me, and what I said people use to get into this country. It's the same visa Melania got here on, as an "alien of extraordinary ability." It's also how Einstein would have come here. So it's not necessarily money, and in fact, immigration lawyers who aren't me (as I deal in asylum and refugee law) have been trying to shut down cases of "extraordinary ability" merely being heavy investors or...supermodels.

I'm totally against charging a fee to apply for asylum, but it's not going to be an end-around on the immigration system.

Meanwhile, Americans think it's perfectly acceptable to be an illegal. If he's American, that is:

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/02/89816..._campaign=news
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    This is literally the "genius" visa that you quoted to me, and what I said people use to get into this country. It's the same visa Melania got here on, as an "alien of extraordinary ability." It's also how Einstein would have come here. So it's not necessarily money, and in fact, immigration lawyers who aren't me (as I deal in asylum and refugee law) have been trying to shut down cases of "extraordinary ability" merely being heavy investors or...supermodels.

I'm totally against charging a fee to apply for asylum, but it's not going to be an end-around on the immigration system.
    I’m saying with Trump that’s where this is headed and Melania isn’t a fucking genius proving my point.

Most people who want to immigrate barely have the means or money to even get through the process.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Meanwhile, Americans think it's perfectly acceptable to be an illegal. If he's American, that is:

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/02/89816..._campaign=news

People think it’s fine to break all sorts of laws until it comes to being caught and punished. That’s for other people.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Man, conservatives in here are getting a little fucking weirder by the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I’m saying with Trump that’s where this is headed and Melania isn’t a fucking genius proving my point.

Most people who want to immigrate barely have the means or money to even get through the process.
    "Genius" is just the nickname. She was an accomplished and internationally recognized supermodel, which apparently is enough to qualify. Like I said, it shouldn't be enough to qualify.

It's like you don't read to the end of posts, you just go off on random nonsense that tickles your fancy.

Everytime something this dumb comes from the US, the American President is trying to distract everyone from something he did.

Did he go Lannister and Mount his Daughter? Did some new Pictures show up of him and Epstein? Did he slip out of his Custom reveal his lizard persona and eat Someone?