Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Alliance Cities vs Horde Cities

Anyone notice the imbalance of Alliance cities vs Horde cities?

how heavily guarded alliance cities are namely sw vs orgrimmar.

Then when you compare for example the boats in boralus vs the boat in zuldazar, the guards on the horde side are nuetral where as the alliance boat aren't.

I could name more examples but another comes to mind is in sw, i feel like its pretty hard to fly above sw without getting attacked by several gryphon npcs, where as in org you can fly pretty much undisturbed.

Then theirs other things where on the horde side things are further and less organized than the ally counterparts.

Oh btw, the alliance boralus boat takes you to the Alterac Valley Cave (have fun as a hordie hopping a ride).

its called Civilization...uf uf huhu smirk

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    Anyone notice the imbalance of Alliance cities vs Horde cities?

how heavily guarded alliance cities are namely sw vs orgrimmar.

Then when you compare for example the boats in boralus vs the boat in zuldazar, the guards on the horde side are nuetral where as the alliance boat aren't.

I could name more examples but another comes to mind is in sw, i feel like its pretty hard to fly above sw without getting attacked by several gryphon npcs, where as in org you can fly pretty much undisturbed.

Then theirs other things where on the horde side things are further and less organized than the ally counterparts.

Oh btw, the alliance boralus boat takes you to the Alterac Valley Cave (have fun as a hordie hopping a ride).
    um nope, I am over the boat in zuldazar right now and they are definitely hostile. and yeah it's definitely easier to fly above Orgrimmar but if you're careful you can avoid the gryphons. also I fail to see how a bug which causes the alliance boralus boat to sometimes drop you in the AV cave as a good thing?

Stormwind is a god damn fortress, I remember no place where you can land with your flying mount without worrying about pulling aggro unless it's in the canals or somewhere with low patrol, even as a rogue in stealth you do hug the corners, at least until cataclysm. Also the harbor is a nightmare for a horde player, they literally never stop and it brings some bothersome alliance players attention. Horde meanwhile, only the entrance is guarded, the city itself and the rear are a joke, maybe because it's much smaller than Stormwind, and because we had Saurfang and cleave, but yeah..
    The big rock to your right after you cross the entrance tunnel in Orgrimmar is damn obnoxious, alliance camps there all day and they chill.

Does it really matter when guards are as weak as they are...? Seriously, they're less than nonelite trash mobs. I guess that resets at the start of every expansion but the catch-up to trivializing guards is pretty fast these days.

That being said it makes a lot of sense lorewise. Stormwind is a tight, busy castle city and fortress. The Alliance lore-wise has always been the stronger and more architecturally powerful faction.

Generally, I always preferred alliance cities over Horde cities, they are better looking and better designed. And I play horde mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Does it really matter when guards are as weak as they are...? Seriously, they're less than nonelite trash mobs. I guess that resets at the start of every expansion but the catch-up to trivializing guards is pretty fast these days.

That being said it makes a lot of sense lorewise. Stormwind is a tight, busy castle city and fortress. The Alliance lore-wise has always been the stronger and more architecturally powerful faction.
    Well, aside from anyone wanting to gank to king in Stormwind since Cata being able to just fly right in through the garden without any issue whatsoever. Also, the castle is well away from where most players are, so the odds of anyone noticing and getting some sort of defence together often isn't great. In Org if you want to gank the leader you have to come right into the main area where everyone is doing their banking and AH work, so your raid will be seen immediately.

Now, if ganking leaders isn't what you're there for, SW might be worse than Org, but at least you get to die in a well designed and clean (just don't fall in the canals) city, right?

It's an oversight, but technically you could say it's by design, as the differences in security between Orgrimmar and Stormwind were part of what swayed Saurfang to support War of Thorns.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean look at our "cities", there's nothing really worth protecting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean zuldazar is a trading port, so makes sense they are neutral. I find the difference in faction leader locations always fun tho. Stormwind you gotta go far desolated while in OG you gotta zerg the most crowded place in town.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

It's always been easier to attack Stormwind than Orgrimmar, because Anduin is located on the far edge of the city away from most players, while Saurfang (?) is literally in the middle of the city where all player services are.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I feel sorry for the Horde having to deal with Dazar'alor for the whole expanion.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It's always been easier to attack Stormwind than Orgrimmar, because Anduin is located on the far edge of the city away from most players, while Saurfang (?) is literally in the middle of the city where all player services are.
    Actually this raises a good point - for the Alliance - who is in Grommash now that Sylvanas is gone?
    It can't possibly the council.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Actually this raises a good point - for the Alliance - who is in Grommash now that Sylvanas is gone?
    well thrall and baine are indisposed in shadowlands. so that leaves Roh'kan ,Lor'thremar, Overlord whats her face, Talanji, Thalysra, Mayla, and kiro.

Lorthermar is out hes in silvermoon
    Talanji samething but Dazar'alor
    Mayla is in Highmountain
    Thalysra is in Surumar or Lorthermars pants
    And Kiro doesn't seem the type to lead a warband like the the horde that is more Nisha's stjick

so that leaves Roh'kan and Overlord Whats here face.

As For why i didn't mention Lilian or Calia. i don't think alot are eager to give another forsaken leader a go and Calia isn't even horde

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Just checked. Nobody. Some NPCs such as Eitrigg, but no boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Depends if you unlocked bfa or not. If you haven't Slyvannas is there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    um nope, I am over the boat in zuldazar right now and they are definitely hostile. and yeah it's definitely easier to fly above Orgrimmar but if you're careful you can avoid the gryphons. also I fail to see how a bug which causes the alliance boralus boat to sometimes drop you in the AV cave as a good thing?
    The comment about the glitch is a good thing for the alliance cause the Horde can't really use it like the alliance can use the Zandalar boat. As the ally one takes you to your death lol. The Zandalar npcs aren't hostile to me, i use it all the time to get to org (as ally).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    I mean look at our "cities", there's nothing really worth protecting.
    lol i can't argue with that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    I feel sorry for the Horde having to deal with Dazar'alor for the whole expanion.
    In general just seems like the horde areas are not as "neatly" organized as our ally counter part.

15+ Year Old Account
    Haha xD

Yeah, as horde players in here already said, the horde cities, except Silvermoon and Suramar City, look incredibly bad, primitive and unorganized.
    If you compare them to the best city ever Ironforge, where everything is perfectly placed inside this neat circle, or to SW where the places of the stores/buildings actually fit to the subzone of the city and where the subzones are easily distinguishable.

Oggrimar alone stops me from playing horde. I really like blood elves and nightborne, but no matter how much you RP the shit out of your game, you can not dodge oggrimar. You need the portal room /shrug

I would really play more horde if I could chose to stay in silvermoon and/or Suramar. But ... no... just no.
    And I did not even mention the horrible atmosphere you have there when random derp NPCs yell crap at you "furr durr hurdde" "urghs urghs" before shitting into their tends. The. Horror.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    So if a raid is trying for the bear mount, they don't have to kill anyone in Orgrimmar? Is that still a thing? I did mine back in Wrath, and I haven't seen a city raid for the bear mount in a while, probably since Mists.

Quote Originally Posted by KSM899 View Post
    Generally, I always preferred alliance cities over Horde cities, they are better looking and better designed. And I play horde mostly.
    They just need to remake the tbc race's zones and give silvermoon a portal room like org then we will have a better city than the alliance. Lorewise it would make a lot of sense for silvermoon to have a portal room, it is the last horde stronghold in the eastern kingdom now that UC fell; it should be extremely fortified.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dazar'alor is the best looking city in the game

Ironforge is cool tho
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.