Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IdiocracyIsReal View Post
    I thought you were talking about US. Invading countries that can't possibly defend themselves, sanctioning anyone who doesn't want to buy overpriced US goods, interfering in everyone's business and threatening anyone who doesn't fall in line.
    Not defending my home country by any means. We watched China cover up a pandemic with lies and have it explode in their faces, only to then immediately turn around and do the exact same thing. "It'll be like a miracle, it'll just disappear."

Our current leader has been idolizing China's trainwreck of a tyranny since the 1989 Tiananmen Square massacre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Nope. You are consuming too much Trump propaganda and few fake news YouTubers. Most of what you have posted is simply not true, quote from WHO is cut and taken out of context to make it look like something it is not.
    Which part do you want me to cite? The last line? https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...trength-2019-6

The middle part where our dear leader pretended the outbreak wasn't a problem? https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...navirus-134246

Admittedly the hardest part is demonstrating China's part in this due to their government's chokehold on any information coming in or out, nicknamed "The Great Firewall of China", but this source seems decent: https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...avirus-outbrea
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Criticising human rights violations is NOT inciting riots, which is the what this bill is trying to suppress. Foreigners are perfectly able to criticise the US's humans rights record, and regularly do, and they aren't threatened with arrest. Regular US citizens are perfectly able to do so as well without being rounded up as a result.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Criticising human rights violations is NOT inciting riots, which is the what this bill is trying to suppress. Foreigners are perfectly able to criticise the US's humans rights record, and regularly do, and they aren't threatened with arrest. Regular US citizens are perfectly able to do so as well without being rounded up as a result.
    But US citizens are being rounded up for protesting...

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-08-03 at 08:34 AM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Yeah, it totally did not take them long. This has been clearly planned in advance and we are almost guaranteed to see more arests.

Good. It does what it supposed to: gets rid of foreign agents. US and UK citizens have no business messing with politics in China.

Would you be ok with Russian political activists inciting riots in US or UK? I don't think so. I wouldn't like foreigners messing with my country either. Why should China tolerate foreign interference?
    Im sorry darling, but human rights come first. China should not be defended, China cannot be defended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

US and UK citizens blatantly interfering in China's politics is a human right? Are you really that delusional?

Maybe are you one of those "patriotic" people (even though you are not from US, which makes it even more pathetic) that think US can do no wrong and rules do not apply to them?

Learn what human rights are. By your logic Russian's alleged interference in US politics is a human right too.
    Yeah yeah, same arguments were used for Nazi Germany too. "It is not our country".
    Human rights are not politics. Imprisoning 1/10th of a specific ethnicity on a basis of said ethnicity (and religion) with the goal to Sinificate them is a genocide. Arresting people who dared to say anything against China's goverment breaking the HK handover agreement is autocratism.

There was no alleged interference. There was and is a real interference. Also troll farms are real too. Including Chinese ones...
    Take that haters.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Yeah yeah, same arguments were used for Nazi Germany too. "It is not our country".
    Human rights are not politics. Imprisoning 1/10th of a specific ethnicity on a basis of said ethnicity (and religion) with the goal to Sinificate them is a genocide. Arresting people who dared to say anything against China's goverment breaking the HK handover agreement is autocratism.

There was no alleged interference. There was and is a real interference. Also troll farms are real too. Including Chinese ones...
    How is human rights not politics? It's a document drafted by a political organization, signed by political leaders and ratified by governments. It's all politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    How is human rights not politics? It's a document drafted by a political organization, signed by political leaders and ratified by governments. It's all politics.
    Because they are not. Humans rights are more about what is morally right and basic human freedoms. Genocide isn't politics unless you are a nazi.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Because they are not. Humans rights are more about what is morally right and basic human freedoms. Genocide isn't politics unless you are a nazi.
    What is morally right depends on your culture and what freedoms people have is dependent on the government where they live.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is morally right depends on your culture and what freedoms people have is dependent on the government where they live.
    What is right and wrong is pretty black and white esp when we are talking about human lives. People who struggle with that simple logic are already morally bankrupt. But whatever
    Last edited by zEmini; 2020-08-03 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    What is right and wrong is pretty black and white esp when we are talking about human lives. People who struggle with that simple logic are already morally bankrupt. But whatever
    I'm not surprised someone from an individualist culture thinks this and on top of that think their culture is the only one that has the right morals.

3+ Year Old Account
    literally arrested for internet crimes. the team pop epic comic has come true.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not surprised someone from an individualist culture thinks this and on top of that think their culture is the only one that has the right morals.
    Like I said, you might be morally bankrupt. I am guessing you live in one of these oppressive "cultures", but live a life with wealth where you get all the name brand material junk to keep you in line. I mean why would a weak person want to give up that wealth? I have a lot of wealth too and I still speak out against my government.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-08-04 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

As an exemple, would you be okay with what is happening in the Handmaid's Tale ? It is totally a fiction but still. In one of the episode, Fred Waterson even calls what they are doing their "culture", would you be okay with that kind of culture ?

What the CCP cares about is social stability. You threaten it, you’re gone. You aren’t? They don’t care what you do. Any action viewed thru this lens is predictive of their response.

That's elementary school level logic. Suitable for children. Probably coupled with superiority complex, very common in brainwashed western idiots, thinking that your morals are the only correct ones, other morals are wrong.
    Yeah, well, in certain places accross the world they also call stoning women for adultery a culture, traditions and morals, and those who oppose that - Western puppets. Alas, it does not make it true, no matter how much Stockholm syndrom you have.

It's all fun and games screaming at West until the whatever local regime there is decides that you, who is an average simple citizen, is a threat. Good luck then.
    Take that haters.

That's elementary school level logic. Suitable for children. Probably coupled with superiority complex, very common in brainwashed western idiots, thinking that your morals are the only correct ones, other morals are wrong.

Your grandstanding is pointless because you are using words that are not related to topic at all. Human lives? Nobody is getting killed. Troublemakers sponsored by hostile governments are getting arrested for riots that they were involved in. None of that has anything to do with human lives, human rights and other buzzwords that you've heard of, but don't understand what they mean. It is not hard though to understand, you just need basic English skills and not be a brainwashed drone.

Then you completely ignore atrocities done by western countries. Millions dead in wars in Middle East that western countries have started, many more millions displaced. Yet none of western countries were sanctioned for what they've done and continue doing, Israel is committing genocide without any issues. What is happening in US right now with Covid is atrocity. Western countries are friends with majority of dictators, yet you have no issues with that.

But don't worry, continue living in a bubble, be a mindless drone and follow Trump's "China bad" distraction campaign. Follow outrage of the month, like millions of useful idiots that do the same instead of fixing problems at home. Fixing your own problems is hard, being outraged about a country on other continent is easy.
    Wars in the middle East are not moral, they are politics. Do not mix both.

10+ Year Old Account

Your grandstanding is pointless because you are using words that are not related to topic at all. Human lives? Nobody is getting killed. Troublemakers sponsored by hostile governments are getting arrested for riots that they were involved in. None of that has anything to do with human lives, human rights and other buzzwords that you've heard of, but don't understand what they mean. It is not hard though to understand, you just need basic English skills and not be a brainwashed drone.

Then you completely ignore atrocities done by western countries. Millions dead in wars in Middle East that western countries have started, many more millions displaced. Yet none of western countries were sanctioned for what they've done and continue doing, Israel is committing genocide without any issues. What is happening in US right now with Covid is atrocity. Western countries are friends with majority of dictators, yet you have no issues with that.

But don't worry, continue living in a bubble, be a mindless drone and follow Trump's "China bad" distraction campaign. Follow outrage of the month, like millions of useful idiots that do the same instead of fixing problems at home. Fixing your own problems is hard, being outraged about a country on other continent is easy.
    Compared to your CCP morals, yes they are far superior and correct. China is threat to the rest of the developed world. I do not expect you to understand this since the only ones brainwashed are the Pro CCP/Russia trolls that frequent the internet as of late.

I am also not surprised that your only arguments are Deflection and Ad Hominem attacks. While I agree about Israel, that still is irrelevant. Irrelevant! At least in the US we have the right to call out our government without the threat of beings arrested. In China, if you are a dissident, you are an enemy of the state and dealt with by forced labor, made broke, brainwashed or just executed.

Ad Hominem is also not valid which generally just tells me you lost pages ago. Thankfully I think most people on this forum do not give a flying fuck what you think. Either you are completely ignorant on the genocide being carried out in China or you are for it and don't care. You will find me complaining about Isreal is those respective threads just so you know I am consistent when it comes to nazi governments and genocide.

False wrong incorrect try again.
    Last edited by zEmini; 2020-08-03 at 09:45 PM.