Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    https://www.google.com/search?client...it+settlements

seems no shortage of settlements though does it.
    I am not sure if linking the annual costs of police brutality is helping your argument against protesting police brutality but you do you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

3+ Year Old Account
    really guess that black guy that ran over that girl was just another right winger.

or another right winger
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cziOFk5n9Fs
    video date is 2014.... seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by headfistass View Post
    video date is 2014.... seriosuly?
    so? I'm sure there or others but that one was the one that still sticks in my mind, it made that much of an impression.

15+ Year Old Account
    if they are blocking traffic with out a permit I'm more pissed they aren't dragged off and arrested, if they are have a permit or on the sidewalks then I'd be upset but the news seems to lack those accounts.
    Wait wait, is your argument really that people need to obtain permits to exercise their right to protest?

Well isn't that ironic.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    if they are blocking traffic with out a permit I'm more pissed they aren't dragged off and arrested, if they are have a permit or on the sidewalks then I'd be upset but the news seems to lack those accounts.
    Protesting is a right, hun. Not a privilege.

Driving is a privilege, not a right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Wait wait, is your argument really that people need to obtain permits to exercise their right to protest?

Well isn't that ironic.
    if it's blocking public roads yet (we also went over this in the Prison thread) the ALCU acknowledges it's not lawful to block traffic with out a permit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Protesting is a right, hun. Not a privilege.

Driving is a privilege, not a right.
    your free to protest all you want up to the point it interfere's with mine and others freedoms.

you have the right to protest but you don't have the right to harass or detain other people, hun...

3+ Year Old Account
    so? I'm sure there or others but that one was the one that still sticks in my mind, it made that much of an impression.
    good for you, you have to reach back 6 years to bring one (1) example to make your point. when I can think of 3 off the top my head that happend in this year alone.

15+ Year Old Account
    if it's blocking public roads yet (we also went over this in the Prison thread) the ALCU acknowledges it's not lawful to block traffic with out a permit.
    Interesting. So you're fine with people deciding something that is clearly against the constitution when it suits you? How convenient.

good for you, you have to reach back 6 years to bring one (1) example to make your point. when I can think of 3 off the top my head that happend in this year alone.

problem is as soon as they go against the blockage they are a right winger in your eyes anyway prob even this guy.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...sters-71672388

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting. So you're fine with people deciding something that is clearly against the constitution when it suits you? How convenient.
    I'm not fine with people interfering with my freedom's so if they don't care about mine why should I give a dam about their's, or are you saying you can only protest by screwing with other people?

15+ Year Old Account
    "The American Civil Liberties Union firmly believes that legislatures can, consistent with the Constitution, impose reasonable limits on firearms sale, ownership, and use, without raising civil liberties concerns."
    https://www.aclu.org/blog/civil-libe...on-gun-control

So you are also totally fine with their position on gun rights?

3+ Year Old Account
    problem is as soon as they go against the blockage they are a right winger in your eyes anyway prob even this guy.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...sters-71672388
    I thought the point you were trying to make is it's a trend on the left to hit people with cars. so are you conceding that point, and admiting you're wrong?

I thought the point you were trying to make is it's a trend on the left to hit people with cars. so are you conceding that point, and admiting you're wrong?
    well if you label them right wingers as soon as they hit someone or dislike the blockage I guess they are all right wingers in your eyes.

- - - Updated - - -

"The American Civil Liberties Union firmly believes that legislatures can, consistent with the Constitution, impose reasonable limits on firearms sale, ownership, and use, without raising civil liberties concerns."
    https://www.aclu.org/blog/civil-libe...on-gun-control

So you are also totally fine with their position on gun rights?
    ALCU also said they don't fight for 2nd admin rights because there are others groups that do that.

but if talking about protests and what's legal or not they (ALCU) seems to be a good place to start, if it was about gun laws I'd go to the (abit useless NRA) or other 2nd amendment site.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought we were talking about the blocks only pissing me off?

to piss the right people off, its not most american's, just you, for some weird reason.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not fine with people interfering with my freedom's so if they don't care about mine why should I give a dam about their's, or are you saying you can only protest by screwing with other people?
    You are not aware that you're currently making pro-gun control arguments, are you? It's not much of protest if it's not getting noticed by people not protesting. Also, how would a permit change that they are interfering with your freedom? If they have a permit to block the only road you can take to get where you want would it suddenly not be an interference?

15+ Year Old Account
    And by that proving that guns in the hands of civilians are utterly useless to protect against an authoritarian government, well done in removing one of your arguments yourself.
    no its proving that the majority of gun owners really dont give 2 shits about the trash out there who have spent years upon years ridiculing us because we own guns fuck them they made their beds they can lay in them
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

15+ Year Old Account
    ALCU also said they don't fight for 2nd admin rights because there are others groups that do that.

but if talking about protests and what's legal or not they (ALCU) seems to be a good place to start, if it was about gun laws I'd go to the (abit useless NRA) or other 2nd amendment site.
    Interesting, albeit the 1st and 2nd using the same language it is totally different and the ACLU can only be used as a source of knowledge for one of them.

You are not aware that you're currently making pro-gun control arguments, are you? It's not much of protest if it's not getting noticed by people not protesting. Also, how would a permit change that they are interfering with your freedom? If they have a permit to block the only road you can take to get where you want would it suddenly not be an interference?
    I can't own a machine gun (without a special permit) and you can't protest in the street(without a special permit) seem to all work out...

if they have a permit it's something I can plan around and EMT traffic also knows what's blocked.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting, albeit the 1st and 2nd using the same language it is totally different and the ACLU can only be used as a source of knowledge for one of them.
    again we are talking about the 1st something they profess to specialize in not the 2nd, should I go to the NRA to show what's a legal protest?
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2020-08-06 at 09:04 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    no its proving that the majority of gun owners really dont give 2 shits about the trash out there who have spent years upon years ridiculing us because we own guns fuck them they made their beds they can lay in them
    Ultimately proving them right. The only amendment you care about is the 2nd, period.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't own a machine gun and you can't protest in the street seem to all work out...

if they have a permit it's something I can plan around and EMT traffic also knows what's blocked.
    So needing a permit to obtain a firearm would also be totally fine then.

again we are talking about the 1st something they profess to specialize in not the 2nd, should I go to the NRA to show what's a legal protest?
    They profess to specialize in civil liberties, civil liberties include all rights, not just the 1st.

Ultimately proving them right. The only amendment you care about is the 2nd, period.

- - - Updated - - -

So needing a permit to obtain a firearm would also be totally fine then.

They profess to specialize in civil liberties, civil liberties include all rights, not just the 1st.
    for standard guns and protesting on the sidewalk you don't need a permit...
    to own a Machine gun or protest in the street, you both need a special permit...

how many pages of info do they have on the 2nd (the one page I could find is them disagreeing with the supreme court.)

Personally I think they are about useless most of the time (ALCU) but when talking about protest it seems the best sourse to use that the farther left wingers will even look at.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2020-08-06 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    Notice how you Say own guns, not use guns? Really telling on yourself here.

- - - Updated - - -

to own a Machine gun or protest in the street, you both needs a special permit...

how many pages of info do they have on the 2nd (the one page I could find is them disagreeing with the supreme court.)

Personally I think they are about useless most of the time (ALCU) but when talking about protest it seems the best sourse to use that the farther left wingers will even look at.
    "You need the government's permission to protest the government".

Bitch...
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

15+ Year Old Account
    to own a Machine gun or protest in the street, you both needs a special permit...

how many do they have on protests?

Personally I think they are about useless most of the time (ALCU) but when talking about protest it seems the best sourse to use that the farther left side will even look at.
    Ah bullshit, it's the best source because they agree with you on that one point.