Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone knows this is nothing but a political move. State AGs are all more concerned about politics than justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    While I support gun control, the term assault rifle is a loaded term. The "assault" parts don't really add any functionality to the gun. I have a regular .22 rifle that can do everything a "assault rifle" can do.
    Ya I get there is some subtlety, but i'm firmly in the anything more deadly than a handgun shouldn't be in civilians' hands camp.

Ideally I don't think civilians should have guns whatsoever, but I realize how unrealistic that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Ya I get there is some subtlety, but i'm firmly in the anything more deadly than a handgun shouldn't be in civilians' hands camp.
    Handguns are responsible for the vast majority of homicides in the USA. They're plenty deadly and more importantly, small enough to carry around all the damn time, in addition to being concealable.

There's a reason why handguns are automatically at least Restricted up here.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Thoughts and Prayers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Everyone knows this is nothing but a political move. State AGs are all more concerned about politics than justice.
    So you don't think the charges are true, or you think that it's ok not to punish a criminal organization?
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    NRA to NY; 'Bring it on'

In his first statement on the lawsuit on Thursday, LaPierre called New York Attorney General Letitia James's (D) actions "an affront to democracy and freedom."

"This is an unconstitutional, premeditated attack aiming to dismantle and destroy the NRA - the fiercest defender of America's freedom at the ballot box for decades," he said. "The NRA is well governed, financially solvent, and committed to good governance. We're ready for the fight. Bring it on."

The organization is currently headquartered in Fairfax, Va., but is chartered as a nonprofit in New York state.

----

Give it a year.
    A non-profit that pushes gun sales, and it turns out that some of its millionaire members are likely to have embezzled funds? Considering the investigation has apparently been going on for at lest 18 months at this point, I don't think it is too likely we'll need to wait a full year from today. I expect the NRA to lose its tax exempt status in the next 12 months, and I expect the money to evaporate as the rich rats proceed to shit on everyone else while they walk away from the situation as quickly as possible.

TL;DR: This case has literally nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment, it is entirely about a people embezzling millions of dollars from a non-profit organization. The NRA claiming that this has anything to do with the 2nd Amendment is just a conspiracy theory the NRA is pushing to deflect from the crimes committed by some of its members.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    And yet I don't see you arguing against the suit itself, just calling it political and then dismissing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Meh any real judge will just about throw out every 2a associated filing the nra is going to produce since this has nothing to do with the 2a

They will make a quiet deal ..no one will see jail time..millions will be paid.. bunch of people will step down then it will be over.
    Meanwhile the cucks will use this as a reason to panic buy more guns they will never need or use...again....
    Since the suit involves people from the top and not some random middle management I have my doubts if these people will just settle unless they can be forced to.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Only by American standards. You continue to tick along at quadruple or more the homicide rate of the rest of the developed world.
    Bold of you to assume most of the US isnt a third world country status
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

In the mother of all ironies, these accusations are about donors being screwed over by the "charity" they chose to donate to. One would think that they would be outraged at those people who defrauded them. Nope, they are angry that someone is highlighting what the fraudsters are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    In the mother of all ironies, these accusations are about donors being screwed over by the "charity" they chose to donate to. One would think that they would be outraged at those people who defrauded them. Nope, they are angry that someone is highlighting what the fraudsters are doing.
    "It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." -Mark Twain

It's a cult folks.

The people these idiots idolize could shove feces down their throats and they would get angry at the people who are pointing out they've been force fed shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Hopefully this sticks, I still remember when my Family all cancelled their membership because it was clear all the events and training focus just stopped happening. They went away from it's roots. The NRA was originally for gun regulations.
    And yet, blaming the NRA for the direction it's has been going to defacto exempting the supporters who have pushed the NRA to be pro-mass shootings.
    Even in cases the NRA was for some regulation (bump stocks) the members where also against that regulation.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    "It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." -Mark Twain

It's a cult folks.

The people these idiots idolize could shove feces down their throats and they would get angry at the people who are pointing out they've been force fed shit.
    Personally, I have no problem if people want to give their money to charlatans and shills. My only issue is that those con artists get tax-exempt status whilst doing it. They don't deserve special treatment for screwing over others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    Antifa/BLM terrorists pretend to be tough in groups, but as you can see from Ken and Karen, they don't stand a chance against homeowners defending their property. Luckily the couple's house wasn't vandalized or burned to the ground, can't say the same for all the other businesses in that area.
    Lucky? How many houses did they burn down, to make these two lunatics “lucky”?

You are in a thread, where NRA is charged with stealing your money, while you continue to repeat the lies they used to steal your money. WTF? I have never seen such a thing... who the fuck defends a snake oil salesmen, that just got charged for being a snake oil sales man?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Bold of you to assume most of the US isnt a third world country status
    Yeah, the US is a third world banana republic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Personally, I have no problem if people want to give their money to charlatans and shills. My only issue is that those con artists get tax-exempt status whilst doing it. They don't deserve special treatment for screwing over others.
    It’s more than that, because their con impacts political discourse... look at this thread alone. They convinced people that they are under constant attack by unseen, but evil people. Like... I stepped into the gun control thread, in just a couple of replies, they were tossing people out of helicopters. That’s what you get when you have people profiteer on fear and those whose fear becomes an issue of self... an issue of ego...

What @announced keeps posting in this thread, is neither political or defense of NRA. It’s fear driven by the likes of the NRA, followed by a reaction of ‘I’m not afraid’, which requires a gun... As an example, that same gun control thread, how many are associating guns with being manly, a chad, being fearless of all these enemies... because you are the tough one?

It’s a psychological issue, that is expressed through politics... the solution isn’t policy. If I had a micro penis, I’d probably own a gun and drive a red convertible. An NRA membership is both, validation and signaling...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

There are a ton of gun owners that wouldn't really miss the NRA. There are better organizations out there that look out for all gun owners, not just white Republicans.

And why are we talking about Chad's penis in an NRA thread? Sounds like someone's got dick on the brain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    There are a ton of gun owners that wouldn't really miss the NRA. There are better organizations out there that look out for all gun owners, not just white Republicans.

And why are we talking about Chad's penis in an NRA thread? Sounds like someone's got dick on the brain.
    Someone got defensive... I wonder why?

Nah, but if Chad and his boys come around looking for a fight, it does help even the odds.
    Did what I say about NRA relationship to gun ownership, hit too close to home? This is gun ownership in America... “chad and his boys”... strange way to say I’m right, but at least you recognized your self in my example... self awareness is not completely lost... there is hope...

Felya...please don't derail the thread. We're here to discuss the NRA, not your taste in phalluses. Take it to PMs with Didactic or something.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-08-07 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    Felya...please don't derail the thread. We're here to discuss the NRA, not your taste in phalluses. Take it to PMs with Didactic or something.

These are your only two posts in this thread... This “we” discussing NRA, has not included you. I am discussing the NRA... I am literally discussing the psychology behind the scam NRA is being charged with in OP.

The proof that I am right in my description of NRA tact... is your posting in this thread alone. This is ego... nothing more...

Edit: The NRA targets people’s insecurities to steal their money. Be it fear, masculinity or just being a stubborn jack ass. That’s the psychology behind the NRA scam... you might not like it... but, that’s the point... you getting defensive, when someone points out their tact... is part of their tact...

Edit 2: The NRA tact targets the part of your psychology, that would make you take what I said personally and get pissed off enough about it, to do something... something like send NRA money... is because they are all in to fill that psychological hole... that fear and insecurity...

Edit 3: I did not report him... insinuating I’m gay is not insulting to me...

Edit 4: The solution to avoiding NRA like scams, can be found in this video:

Last edited by Felya; 2020-08-07 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferly View Post
    Is this a joke? And you dare to look away when someone is trying to derail the thread with some 2A bullshit? This is what people mean when they say that the moderation is fucking useless here.
    Nah, I wasn't joking. I was hoping he'd provide some examples of Good Guys with Guns™ valiantly defending their property from the rapacious hordes. Since telling us that that's what's happening is 70% of the reason the NRA exists in the first place (the other 30% apparently being to line the pockets of its officials).