Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Do you want to know where Mark Zuckerberg is from?
    He has a wikipedia page, anyone that wants to know that can just look there

Side note: Being from New York does not guarantee a specific political viewpoint. His viewpoint may affect how he thinks his company should or shouldnt label various groups. His leanings would be more relevant
    Last edited by Xarkan; 2020-08-07 at 11:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    Rupert Murdoch currently is an American citizen, which is apparently a legal requirement to own a US TV station. It says on wikipedia that this effectively cancelled his Australian citizenship, but I'm no legal expert on dual nationality so I can't guarantee the accuracy of that !
    Dual citizenship... you are claiming he is an American, because got citizenship to own the channel? That makes him an American? A requirement to make a profit? Okay...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    Depends when all the other media networks are labelled for what they truly are, mouthpieces of the DNC.
    Both sieeedeeessssssss!!!

Last time I checked the DNC was not the "state"...…
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    good russia is id say probably the #2 fascist state in the world, i actually would of had them above china if it wasnt for the chinese government doing their literall concentration camps of muslims, but you know im pretty sure if putin had a large muslim population he would be doing the same so cant completely discount him, but i digress
    That's a staggering amount of ignorance on display. Russia has the biggest Muslim population (in terms of %) than any other non-Islamic country. Generally, they get along quite well. Especially during the Soviet times, where religious differences never mattered.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    That's a staggering amount of ignorance on display. Russia has the biggest Muslim population (in terms of %) than any other non-Islamic country. Generally, they get along quite well. Especially during the Soviet times, where religious differences never mattered.
    Yeah, sure they didn't. I guess stalin and khrushchev never existed.

@Felya I'm surprised you haven't beaten me to this punch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What is interesting about a US based company facing scrutiny from the US government about interference in US elections going only as far as labeling accounts associated with foreign governments?
    Let me just save you the hassle of wasting your time with their reply.

Something something copy paste something they didn't understand, doesn't apply, or is written by some whack job that wouldn't know their ass from a hole in the ground with an extreme bias. Something something US bad so therefore anything anyone ever does to the US is okay.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's very reasonable to mark an account with basic national/geographic information. It's a bit paranoid to add that label to every single tweet though and if they did that for all accounts it would take up a large amount of screen space.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-08-07 at 10:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    @Felya I'm surprised you haven't beaten me to this punch.
    Fall Guys servers were up today... and I try not read alerts... I am testing what happens with 10000 unread messages. Am at 2197...

(ping me with steam info if anyone is up for Fall Guys tomorrow. Edit: I can click messages while continuing my unofficial test, just not unread replies. I just want to see what happens... 1000 unread was uneventful...)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Soviet times? The times where Stalin is argued to have killed more Jews than Hitler? That Russia?

If you think the muslim population faired better, I got news for you:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abrek

This post a full-on Monet...

Edit:

I talk about the plight of Jews in USSR a lot, so let’s highlight how horribly absurd what that post said, was in regards to Muslims. I can’t speak from experience, but this should say it all:

In the Caucasus the word has the derogatory meaning of "bandit" only in Ossetian and Russian - but these languages belong to the Indo-European language family.
    The word abrek was used as a propaganda term for the anti-Soviet guerrillas of the post-war North Caucasus, as well as for all illegals. Those abreks were widely popularized as the defenders of the motherland and as paupers. In their old age, the abreks of the West Caucasus usually devoted themselves to beekeeping. The majority of the East Caucasus abreks were killed in non-stop warfare against the federal army.
    Are these the muslims you are talking about?

Edit 2: Can you even comprehend what it means, to have a word representing your people, be so uniquely engrained as derogatory... that it’s literally part of the Russian language? It’s like the N word, times 9/11...

Edit 3: Connel would actually have more to say on this, because I’m white. Jews and Muslims from south USSR had it far worse than we did. I blended in, they needed ID to tell I am Jewish... the darker competition, more around Asia Russians, didn’t have the privilege... the whole Borat thing is actually pretty bad... it’s punching down, even by Russian standards... I still fucking quote it every day... so my country can be free!!!

Seriously dude... if you watched Borat, you should have known better... lol
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-08-09 at 06:05 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    That's very reasonable to mark an account with basic national/geographic information. It's a bit paranoid to add that label to every single tweet though and if they did that for all accounts it would take up a large amount of screen space.
    Oh no! Now you'll have to move your mouse wheel a little bit more and scroll slightly further.

Seriously, is screen space what you're really worried about?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    Nothing, as that is the logical conclusion legally.

However from a moral point of view, I'd be just as concerned about US-based organizations trying to manipulate or manufacture public opinion through the use of misinformation or bot farms.
    That’s why at least YouTube has warning labels on conspiracy theories. But, people still don’t care...

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That’s why at least YouTube has warning labels on conspiracy theories. But, people still don’t care...
    Conspiracy theorists just see that as further vindication that THEY are out to get them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fully support this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by headfistass View Post
    they should go after PragerU next.
    Why PragerU, I mean I hate them as much as the Turning Point Bullshit, but affiliated with Russia?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Conspiracy theorists just see that as further vindication that THEY are out to get them.
    There is so much good stuff these inquisitive minds can learn on YouTube... there are so many amazing content creators... that get a fraction of hits that dudes with monitor cameras in their basement, spouting bullshit conspiracy theories. It’s disappointing... we have the resources of inquisitive minds, but too many are focusing on stupid shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is so much good stuff these inquisitive minds can learn on YouTube... there are so many amazing content creators... that get a fraction of hits that dudes with monitor cameras in their basement, spouting bullshit conspiracy theories. It’s disappointing... we have the resources of inquisitive minds, but too many are focusing on stupid shit.
    You mean like a black guy looking like Easy E advertising on YouTube about Demons and how to kill them dressed like Blade?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    You mean like a black guy looking like Easy E advertising on YouTube about Demons and how to kill them dressed like Blade?
    More like playing Fall Guys all day...

Just making clear I’m not saying I’m better...

Soviet times? The times where Stalin is argued to have killed more Jews than Hitler? That Russia?
    Source? This nation bashing is really getting old...

If you think the muslim population faired better, I got news for you:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abrek
    I guess it is not a surprise. No clue about language, circumstances, actual meaning etc..., yet, tries to impose his own political leaning on an old word from the Russian Empire times. FYI, "Abrek" is a word foreign to Russian language. It came there from Caucasus region. Its literal meaning - someone who has been exiled from his family and his settlement. People who committed crimes (usually murder or theft) were either killed, or forced away into mountains. The latter often was in conjunction with a religious vow to avoid civilization and "worldly temptations". Abrek - a self identification of an exiled person who has taken the vow and lives outside of a civilization and its laws. It came into Russian language sometime during early 1800s, probably when Emperor Alexander 1st was dealing with civil unrest in South Ossetia. Friendly Ossetians were called Gigits (younger ones) and Aksakal (older ones, meaning wise, white beard), unfriendly ones - Abreks.
    I do not expect for you to learn something from it. But maybe some of the forum readers here will understand that sometimes there is more to things than simple Russian Big Bad Scary, China Commie, and the usual propagandist nation bashing I often see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    USSR was anti semitic as shit, it is not exactly an unknown information. Doctor's plot is the best know example. It, however, definitely did not kill as close to many Jews as Nazi Germany. Mostly the usual supression of anyone with a voice, who dared to speak out. Do remember that in USSR russification and the bullshit about Mother Russia guiding all other small nations to her bussom was in full force.
    Also paid for it after the creation of Israel, which led to a serious brain drain as soon as the emigration was finally allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You are more worried about your screen space than the authentication of information sources (or in this case, disinformation sources)?

Like what?
    While I'm all for marking posts, I'd say people who go to Twitter (or any social media for that matter) for authentic information put a smile on my face.

Fox isn’t even owned by an American...
    Dear United States,

He's your problem now.

Kind Regards
    Australia
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    Uhm... I’m a Jewish refugee from Russia... nation bashing? You making shit up, does not constitute nation bashing...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalin_and_antisemitism
    In a 1 December 1952 Politburo session, Stalin announced: "Every Jewish nationalist is the agent of the American intelligence service. Jewish nationalists think that their nation was saved by the USA. . . They think they are indebted to the Americans. Among doctors, there are many Jewish nationalists." He also notably quoted Jean-Jacques Rosseau's "eat the rich" in this speech.
    When Borat sings “throw the Jew down the well...” what do you think that’s a reference to?

I guess it is not a surprise. No clue about language, circumstances, actual meaning etc..., yet, tries to impose his own political leaning on an old word from the Russian Empire times. FYI, "Abrek" is a word foreign to Russian language. It came there from Caucasus region. Its literal meaning - someone who has been exiled from his family and his settlement. People who committed crimes (usually murder or theft) were either killed, or forced away into mountains. The latter often was in conjunction with a religious vow to avoid civilization and "worldly temptations". Abrek - a self identification of an exiled person who has taken the vow and lives outside of a civilization and its laws. It came into Russian language sometime during early 1800s, probably when Emperor Alexander 1st was dealing with civil unrest in South Ossetia. Friendly Ossetians were called Gigits (younger ones) and Aksakal (older ones, meaning wise, white beard), unfriendly ones - Abreks.
    I’m fluent in Russian... I was born in USSR... I’m in the US as a refugee, due to religious persecution.

Abrek is an insult... It has different meaning in native language, but it was adopted as a derogatory term, because Russian hate of Muslims is institutionalized... to even be part of the language. It’s why Russians have no issues with what Putin has been doing to them...

I do not expect for you to learn something from it. But maybe some of the forum readers here will understand that sometimes there is more to things than simple Russian Big Bad Scary, China Commie, and the usual propagandist nation bashing I often see here.
    I lived it and am telling you how it was... you teaching me something, that defies both accepted history and my personal experience... is a joke. Pointing at history is not nation bashing... in case you missed it, USSR doesn’t exist... What you are doing is propaganda, trying to justify Stalin. As I have pointed out numerous times... Russian state media has ran miniseries rewriting history with Stalin being misunderstood and his horrors blamed on the west. I believe the direct translation to the headline used was... “gentle soul, with a stern hand”... focusing on white washing him, though a fake story about his relationship with his kids. Guess how I know this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    It, however, definitely did not kill as close to many Jews as Nazi Germany.
    Yeah, that was my bad. There is a lot written comparing the damage done by the two, but not specific to Jews.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-08-10 at 03:48 PM.