[Hunter question] Any one here who has lvled as MM instead of BM?

Hey.

I was considering switching to MM for some SM spamm at around 37 (when i can equipt searing arrow bow) and i'm wondering if i decide to quest as MM, How different would it be from current BM? Would there be a lot of issues with pet losing aggro after aimed shot?

Edit: Ok, so i switched to MM at around 38 (40 now) and tried it for a bit, it was much better in the dungeons runs i did, But while playing MM was also the first time i've felt Frustrated and annoyed while playing this hunter, But the burst damage is a lot better and as long as feign is not ”resisted” MM is more enjoyable, But i wonder if the frustration is worth it.
    Last edited by SkagenRora; 2020-08-22 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.

I was considering switching to MM for some SM spamm at around 37 (when i can equipt searing arrow bow) and i'm wondering if i decide to quest as MM, How different would it be from current BM? Would there be a lot of issues with pet losing aggro after aimed shot?
    Not a hunter expert, so take it for what it's worth.

I leveled as MM. Basically the talents I used were the same as most standard mm/survival builds. My reasoning was that I never had any intention of playing BM spec, so I might as well get used to kiting and mm keybinds.

Not as easy as having my pet do everything for me, but more enjoyable imo.

Also, that bow you want to equip might break scatter shot with it's proc. I haven't used any proc bows so I can't say for sure.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Just stay BM. Your pet dies faster and is even worse at holding aggro. It was awful for questing when I did it in the late 50s. And yes the proc will break scatter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled as MM like I did back in the days. You will have more fun in BGs, Dungeons and in open PvP in my opinion. However you will have more downtimes, more problems regarding pet aggro and survivability and you are more gear dependent. It just depends what you want: if you just want to level straight to 60 fast and easy go BM. If you are the person who pumps some gold in your Twinks and you want to enjoy certain levelbrackets and stop questing for a while (like in your case) I would definitely stick to MM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've done both. MM back in Vanilla, BM in Classic. They're both about the same for open world content while leveling. BM was easier, but MM was fine. You should just try it and see if you like it.

Hey.

I leveled my hunter as MM, BM was too boring. The spec should feel different from BM, you do the dmg instead of your pet. You pet will always lose aggro when the growl debuff finishes. Honestly leveling should be fun so play how you prefer like i did.

Try leveling as SV. It is a little more engaging and things seem to die a little faster. At least from my experience. BM was always the go to spec for leveling up until Legion when SV went melee and was able to do a little better in the level grind. Plus you get around a little faster with harpoon (take the harpoon talent) and you can just bounce from mob to mob really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by aarrok View Post
    Try leveling as SV. It is a little more engaging and things seem to die a little faster. At least from my experience. BM was always the go to spec for leveling up until Legion when SV went melee and was able to do a little better in the level grind. Plus you get around a little faster with harpoon (take the harpoon talent) and you can just bounce from mob to mob really fast.
    This is classic.

You do way more dmg than your pet, so aggroing is going to be an issue as BM or MM. Go MM, but pick Savage Strikes in SV - that'll help against those pesky pet lovers.
    The sea was angry that day my friends. - George Costanza

Depends, are you swedish?

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Depends, are you swedish?
    Does that matter?

Does that matter?
    You could go tame a moose, or a lynx.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    You could go tame a moose, or a lynx.
    Is Lynx not TBC only?

and