Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think in all my time of playing WoW I've only been invited to two betas. One was for Wrath and one was for MOP and that makes perfect sense as I was the most active during that time and always had an active sub. Now I play occasionally on and off and haven't gotten a beta invite since.

It's pretty obvious they don't just send them out at random, they prioritize people who have given them the most money haha.
    They just use the PR term "in waves" to make it seem like anyone can get it at some point.

You might be right, I just leave my subscription active. I got in the wrath, MoP, WoD, Legion, and SL betas and the BFA alpha.

Don't think I got into Cataclysm beta. At least I have no clear memory of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I got in awhile back and found a bug on the critical path during the intro, a missing quest so I couldn't progress. Reported the bug, and haven't logged back in since. I'm sure they fixed it already, that was a pretty big problem.
    Haven't seen any intro issues, but bastion is fucked lol, 4 mobs that are hit or miss with being stuck in evade.

Quote Originally Posted by itzLCD View Post
    I think in all my time of playing WoW I've only been invited to two betas. One was for Wrath and one was for MOP and that makes perfect sense as I was the most active during that time and always had an active sub. Now I play occasionally on and off and haven't gotten a beta invite since.

It's pretty obvious they don't just send them out at random, they prioritize people who have given them the most money haha.
    They just use the PR term "in waves" to make it seem like anyone can get it at some point.
    I haven't had a sub since WOD, and I got it.

I got one for BFA but it came late..like a month or so before 8.0. I decided to play the game fresh. Who knows..and I really don't care.

One month later, still no beta invite. Bought the 80 version. Opted in both on the account settings and in there blue post link. Been playing since vanilla. Smh
    The sun has set on this mortal world fools make peace with your end for the hour of twilight falls!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathwing Aspect Of Death View Post
    One month later, still no beta invite. Bought the 80 version. Opted in both on the account settings and in there blue post link. Been playing since vanilla. Smh
    Well no wonder they didn't invite you. They're still cleaning up the mess you left in Stormwind.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

PTR coming soon™ so no need for beta for me :>

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    tbh true. maybe i can stop refreshing the launcher every hour with the knowledge that we're at Soon TM.

(but probably not. want beta still).
    Yeah me too, hehe. Just pretending to be cool about it :P

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Well no wonder they didn't invite you. They're still cleaning up the mess you left in Stormwind.
    Lmao that comment made it all better
    The sun has set on this mortal world fools make peace with your end for the hour of twilight falls!

Anyone have any data on how long PTR pre-patches last before it goes live? If I recall it's no more then 2 months before it goes live. So we could potentially be seeing an early November release.

Quote Originally Posted by Kengaroo View Post
    Anyone have any data on how long PTR pre-patches last before it goes live? If I recall it's no more then 2 months before it goes live. So we could potentially be seeing an early November release.
    Well, Nov 10 is the most obvious date IMO, but IIRC around 2 months is about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kengaroo View Post
    Legion was one month PTR and one month prepatch. Before that Prepatches ranged from 8 weeks on the PTR and 2 weeks on live.

That puts the launch date between second week of October and first week of November.

Quote Originally Posted by Yayeet View Post
    Legion was one month PTR and one month prepatch. Before that Prepatches ranged from 8 weeks on the PTR and 2 weeks on live.

That puts the launch date between second week of October and first week of November.
    Yeah that's what I was thinking. Obviously could be different this time around, you never know, but it's fun to kind of have an idea of when it could possibly be out. I'm excited.

Didnt even opt in and got beta. Which is a waste since I never play beta lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Didnt even opt in and got beta. Which is a waste since I never play beta lol.
    Did your invite just come in today?

- - - Updated - - -

Well the PTR is packed and nearly unplayable, maybe they will take this as a sign that people are ready to test their stuff and send out a bunch of invites ><

Is it today for beta invites this week or tomorrow, im sure it happened over a couple of days last week?

Quote Originally Posted by Dairylegend View Post
    Is it today for beta invites this week or tomorrow, im sure it happened over a couple of days last week?
    Usually Wednesday around this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yayeet View Post

Going by what I see on the beta, November sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by boomr516 View Post
    Did your invite just come in today?

- - - Updated - - -

Well the PTR is packed and nearly unplayable, maybe they will take this as a sign that people are ready to test their stuff and send out a bunch of invites ><
    Dunno when i got it, must have been jusr a few days ago. I also had opt in for it, forgot that i did that.