Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm.. gonna be honest, I was expecting something more original.
    I did enjoy it the first time around though, so I guess it'll be fun to redo it. And at least the EPL/Northrend stuff is gonna be new.
    But still. Where's that feared "unstoppable swarm of scourge ravaging across the lands"?

Do you actually become a classic looking ghoul? I like nostalgia, but we have a newer, shiny ghoul model I'd rather look at

When they said Scourge invasion 2.0 that implies new content. This is more like Scourge invasion 1.1. Completely unoriginal.

IDK what idiot at blizz thought this was a good idea.
    The Retch! skill has particle effect smoke take about 50+ zombies using it and it is horrible lag.
    You can't do anything in the cities the 5% dmg debuff with 10+ ghouls on you and you die in seconds.
    They can transform npcs. QUEST NPCS they one shot low lvls and even lvl capped people.
    You can't simply "STAY OUT OF MAIN CITY HUR HUR"

Players: "Blizzard, bring back the Scourge invasion!"
    Blizzard: "We're bringing back the Scourge invasion!"
    Players: "WTF why can't you be original?"

I'm gonna need more buckets to catch all those upcoming tears. The Wrath event was glorious because of all the chaos that occured, thats what a pre-patch event should be like. Not these boring grinding quests and a scenario you run once like we got in the expansions afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubon View Post
    When they said Scourge invasion 2.0 that implies new content. This is more like Scourge invasion 1.1. Completely unoriginal.
    Isn’t there going to be different phases to this prepatch? I thought this was just week one. If they do different phases, who knows what else there may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    is this the event that gave a special set reward?
    The Invasions into the Normal Zones, like EPL, those rewarded that set. This time the "bosses" are in Northrend, Icecrown specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Just curious, where have you seen players want another scourge invasion?
    On this forum.
    On the official wow forums.

This event is really annoying. I only remembered it being annoying and it's even worse now. The servers are dead. Impossible to log in in cities. Makes it impossible to test anything. Can't log in and if you log in you get immediately mauled by ghouls. Couldn't they have give it a few days? How are we supposed to test anything like this? Well... the feedback is the game is broken cause of the event. :/

The issue I have with this event right now is that since I didn't get alpha or beta access, PTR is a good time to try the new leveling and see for myself how fast it is now. Try new classes with big changes. Sadly, you spawn, get hit by a horde of 20 ghouls, get 1 shotted, transformed instantly and can't do anything decent in capital cities because its massively infested. I don't know if its because its bugged, or what's the deal exactly, but not the greatest PTR experience so far.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
    Shadowlands Pre-Patch Event - Scourge Invasion in Capital Cities
    One of the Shadowlands Pre-Patch Events is the Scourge Invasion in Capital Cities, where Zombies seek to infect players and turn them into ghouls. Once players are Infected they have 60 seconds to speak with an Argent Healer or they will be transformed into an Infectious Zombie.

Infectious Zombie Abilities:
    • Mangle! - Melee attack that applies a stackable 5% damage taken debuff.
    • Retch! - Ranged attack that spews bile on the ground, which deals damage and slows the movement speed.
    • Beckoning Groan - Beckon up to four zombies to help you.
    • Lurch! - Increase the movement speed of nearby zombies by 100% for 10 seconds.
    • Zombie Explosion! - Explosion that deals high damage and infects nearby players, killing you in the process.

<div class="gallery" id="scourgeinvasionzombie">
    </div>
    Is this the first timer we've testing a pre-expansion event before it releases?? Pre expac have always been a secret, knowing what we'll be doing ruins this immersion

Quote Originally Posted by guigui7 View Post
    The issue I have with this event right now is that since I didn't get alpha or beta access, PTR is a good time to try the new leveling and see for myself how fast it is now. Try new classes with big changes. Sadly, you spawn, get hit by a horde of 20 ghouls, get 1 shotted, transformed instantly and can't do anything decent in capital cities because its massively infested. I don't know if its because its bugged, or what's the deal exactly, but not the greatest PTR experience so far.
    I am exactly in the same boat and I can understand and respect that some people like it, different people like different things, personally I hate it. I hated it back at WoTLK launch and I hate it now as well.

I'm not advocating against not having it, as I said, there are a lot of people which apparently enjoy it, but I really hope we will get the option to opt out of it.

It's so interesting seeing the types of people that get annoyed by an event like this. Why do you play multiplayer games online instead of single-player games that never change so you can be safe and sound from things affecting you?

Pure entitlement.

Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    a lot of people liked the zombie outbreak last time. it was also a very limited time thing that a good bit of players havent experienced yet. why the judgment and negativity?
    Maybe because most WoW players are tired of re using old shit. Tired of re skins, tired of making new zones that are exactly like old zones but re skin, tired of bringing back bosses to fight for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th fuckin time, tired of getting dog crap content patches that are 3 dailies to repeat, tired of getting rental powers.

Ive said this before and ill say it once more, Blizzard was a proud gaming company that tried to set the bar with everything it put out, Activision Blizzard is a dog crap company that is ran by greed and tricking its player base into thinking they are getting something worth buying.

SPEAK WITH YOUR WALLETS. Only way you will get change to actually happen.

While I'm not going to say no to rampaging as a zombie again, which was incredibly fun, I'm disappointed that we still haven't seen any closure for the giant-ass sword.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I'm sure this won't at all be abused and used by people to grief others and be total shitbags...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I'm sure this won't at all be abused and used by people to grief others and be total shitbags...
    It will, just like it was 12 years ago. Way too much control in player hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, this is going to be cool.

Always wanted to see it again, it was a pretty fun event at the time, even though it could be slithly annoying

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    It's so interesting seeing the types of people that get annoyed by an event like this. Why do you play multiplayer games online instead of single-player games that never change so you can be safe and sound from things affecting you?

Pure entitlement.
    Entitlement is thinking you have the right to disrupt others' gaming experience.

Such an event could be handled another way, without so much control in players' hands. That level of control is only going to end in a shitshow.