Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    OP is right. When your game is based around borrowed power and you lose that its not gonna feel good. Right now in beta, shadow priest for example feels awesome. Why? Cause they actually got a good rework. On the other hand mage feels like dogshit. Why? Cause you lost a massive amount of borrowed power and got minor stuff in return. Every class that doesn't get a rework is gonna feel like crap until you grind up your borrowed power again. This isn't a good thing.
    You mean mage aint op af anymore because they lost corruption that made them meta and that feels bad? Okay buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    You mean mage aint op af anymore because they lost corruption that made them meta and that feels bad? Okay buddy.
    Thats not about op.
    While fire mage have some fun, frost and arcane are pretty boring, with or without corruptions and other burrowed sh*t.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    Your actually using BfA vs any other expansion as if BfA wasn't the absolute lowest of the low in this games history for garbage, hollow, boring class design?
    BfA class design is a monumental failure on all levels and you are saying it's a good thing classes feel the same in SL?
    Pop quiz time kids!

Q. Who does not have any credibility making dogmatic claims about BfA? Anyone, anyone? Ok ...

A. A person who has never played BfA of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    BfA, is the first expansion that I have not purchased and I'm hoping to keep it that way.
    I do want to play Shadowlands. But, will I be locked out of Prepatch without BfA?

Thanks
    Oh fuck, that's awkward.

LOL this guy in thread after thread like a total fucking know-it-all and he hasn't even bought BfA. Forums are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Ok kiddo
    hes a ''kiddo'' because he enjoys some specs?wow dude,mature much this decade?

anyways the class this is purely subjective,every expansion i have had plenty specs i disliked and plenty i liked

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Pop quiz time kids!

Q. Who does not have any credibility making dogmatic claims about BfA? Anyone, anyone? Ok ...

A. A person who has never played BfA of course!

Oh fuck, that's awkward.

LOL this guy in thread after thread like a total fucking know-it-all and he hasn't even bought BfA. Forums are great.
    OOOFF guess thats the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by iinverse View Post
    Thats not about op.
    While fire mage have some fun, frost and arcane are pretty boring, with or without corruptions and other burrowed sh*t.
    Exactly and it will take a while before classes can get playable till we unlock the crappy borrowed power.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flantini View Post
    OOOFF guess thats the thread.
    Nah, in few days new one will pop. Class threads are best for whining, you just say "classes are worst in their history" and "<insert older expac> were the times" and you have 10 people agreeing with you on start.

Because of course classes are monolith, all you need is one bad spec and you can say "all classes are trash". And naturally pointing specific problem with specific class/spec isn't needed, "lazy devs must just repair it".

Exactly and it will take a while before classes can get playable till we unlock the crappy borrowed power.
    Maybe close to xpac end, I don't see any already knowing borrowed abilities that can make boring classes be at least not so boring.

Personally I just wanted them to revisit some class/spec talents, no need for complete reworks. I want those talents that make a spec feel complete to become baseline and replaced with something new and having talent rows that make you want to switch options based on the current situation.

Now they have made some talents baseline, but for the wrong reasons. For example with Unholy DK, they made Summon Gargoyle baseline for the sole reason of "we had it before" when they could have made Unholy Frenzy baseline instead considering the spec feels like crap without it. Additionally, they even replaced this level 100 talent with a copy-pasted azerite trait (Hellchains) which is just lazy and feels too lackluster for a final row talent, at least modify it a bit from the original version.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can't make classes feel too different because being competitive is the goal of the game now, if they did there would be many salty tears complaining how their spec can't aoe, can't st, can't do this that blablablaba.

Classes SHOULD be different, they should have strengths and weaknesses and it should be perfectly okay, but unfortunantly it wasn't and won't be again.

Now we can all heal, we can all aoe and we can all st the same as everyone else.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    They can't make classes feel too different because being competitive is the goal of the game now, if they did there would be many salty tears complaining how their spec can't aoe, can't st, can't do this that blablablaba.

Classes SHOULD be different, they should have strengths and weaknesses and it should be perfectly okay, but unfortunantly it wasn't and won't be again.

Now we can all heal, we can all aoe and we can all st the same as everyone else.
    You didn't read the OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    You didn't read the OP.
    BFA's boring class design is a result of what I'm saying, but yes I did read it.

Add to that the ridiculous borrowed powers they keep giving us even though nobody is asking for it.

But again, they have to keep doing this boring shit so classes can stay competitive.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    The game also kept on losing subs all through MOP which was the peak of how broad, complex, and varied class design was.
    I didn't notice MoP sub loss. Game was super populated. I was raiding, doing RBGs and arena till the very end. And Timeless isles was a packed, never ending PvP bloodbath. Loved every minute of it.
    Also, MoP didn't have CRZ, it didn't need it to populate the zones

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Very controversial

Understatement of the year. I can testify that BfA MM Hunter is absolutely despised by the Hunter community.
    Beastmaster Hunter is a meme spec.

I mean I'll take that if it means my monk gets through it unscathed. Still, was really hoping they'd fix outlaw after gutting it in BFA. I don't want poisons, damn it, I want cooldowns!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    was really hoping they'd fix outlaw after gutting it in BFA. I don't want poisons, damn it, I want cooldowns!
    God I hate the new Roll the bones, 45 sec CD to get one crappy buff, what a joke.

Bring back mana management! Why even bother having mana for classes/speccs that just instantly regenerate it. As a Warlock I always loved having life tap, and figuring out when it was necessary to use and when to not.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Donald View Post
    They really should have just kept artifacts in the game and made it so Azeroth empowered our existing artifacts with azerite, giving us new models in the process. They still haven't been able to make up for their loss, and I doubt what they are giving us in SL will make up for it either.
    Couldn't agree more.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just glad they did not change the spec I like too much, despite all the "BuTT mAEk tiNGz moaR FUnn!" bullshit in the appropriate sub.

Baseline the classes are still very much the same, yes.

Do you really think that another Legion style shake-up is what we need? Cause the last one was disastrous as it is. They need to build up now, not destroy.
    The "unpruning" goes a bit far and is a misinterpretation of what is needed, but at least it improves things for the most part. Things like cyclone being back for all druid specs is outright stupid. Cyclone has got to be one of the most OP spells in the game. But, i don't PvP anymore cause WoW PvP sucks, so whatever. Not my problem.

All the specs i tried on the PTR were better or slightly better (aka almost no difference). The only one that felt worse than BfA to me is Feral. The new Bloodtalons is utter nonsense. It creates more problems and solves none.

There is still time if they do to Feral and Guardian what they did to SP,MM, Arcane. Just give it some attention and solve the worst problems. Oh and focus on fun, not complexity for no good reason that only brings more problems.

In future expansions i hope they add new skills and use class systems rather than rental powers. But, classes wise, in general it is an improvement. It is not a massive improvement, but it's better. It's like taking a step back, to take 2 steps forward.

God I hate the new Roll the bones, 45 sec CD to get one crappy buff, what a joke.
    So they're just removing rerolling? That's they're idea of "adding cooldowns?" Wow, I hate it even more now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.