Poll: Sylvanas or Tyrande: Who Wins?

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasaru View Post
    Yet, Nathanos got away. Gotta love how consistent the writing is
    Since she had just become the Night Warrior when she fought Nathanos the first time I guess she could not access its full power yet, however we know that in Shadowlands pre-patch she will kill Nathanos. This confirms that Tyrande is indeed much stronger than Nathanos.

As it should be. Nathanos is a mere undead, while Tyrande is the avatar of the fury of a god.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

From what we've seen so far , Sylvanas kinda one shot.

Sylvanas > Sargeras and the entire universe.

She has indestructible plot armor given to her by that simp writer who can't stop putting her in the spotlight.

Before Sylvanas got her mysterious power boosts out of some writer's ass it was Tyrande without a doubt. You gotta go with Sylvanas after she soloed the Lich King and his army though.

Sylvanas is the only WoW character whose power-level works like an anime character, therefore she is the strongest.

Years ago, based on WC3 lore, I would have said hands down Tyrande. In modern WoW with Sylvanas juicing with The Jailer plot I assume she wins.

The Night Warrior is the embodiment of Elune's Fury. Sylvannas has limited powers tied to the Jailer. Even with that Jailer's buff she doesn't stand a chance. A single scratch from Shalamayne dropped her on her knees and it could have been her head if she didn't had plot armor. She is very weak against Light Magic and we all know a Priest is an undead killing machine equipped with a powerful arsenal of Holy Spells. The same weakness will also go to the Jailer who we are gonna kill probably in the end. Sylvannas was losing badly from Malfurion despite the buff and it's not really a feat that she managed to beat a simple Old Orc Warrior and a pathetic version of the Lich King.

So it all comes down to this. If she can't protect herself from an instant Holy Fire Pillar magnified by the Night Warrior also I don't see how she can be anything else but ash. Now what if the Jailer betrays her in that critical moment since he doesn't need her anymore cause let's be honest. Sylvannas is just a stupid idiot for the Jailer to exploit only to throw her in the garbage when he doesn't need her. Cut off from the Jailer it's even worse than before.

Whoever the Blizzard writers want to win.
    So Sylvanas.

Tyrande already killed her boy toy so we'll see what happens in Shadowlands.

With the current Jailer buff I give that crown to Sylvanas.

Sylvanas, possibly Tyrande if she had Malfurion as backup.

Keeping in mind that Nathanos was able to keep Tyrande at bay for a few minutes (while still losing) while empowered by death magic, and Sylvanas would definitely be a tier above that at least.

What I actually think will happen: Tyrande and Malfurion helping us, the players, kill Sylvanas and loot her body. Other likely candidates: Voss, Calia, maybe Thrall or Baine but I'm banking more on characters with a personal vendetta against her at this point.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-08-17 at 05:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas, if the leak about the Night Warrior being active in another world (Shadowlands) and what happened has any merit, we'll hopefully see a dead Tyrande soon.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

The reason Sylvanas is winning in this poll is because there are more Hordies and more Sylvanas fans.

Tyrande is Elune's chosen and the High Priestess. She has 10,000 years of war experience. Even without the Night Warrior powers she would have destroyed Sylvanas but with those powers all that come in her way will be turned to dust.

Sylvanas is just a ranger, nothing more. She's received new dark powers but i doubt they're enough to take on Tyrande. Everyone is scared of Tyrande, no one is scared of Sylvanas which is why they're hunting her down. Tyrande is so powerful atm that she needs to release some of that power
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

Based on how inept and inefficient the game portrays Tyrande as, Sylvanas seems like the clear cut winner based on recent feats and her role in Shadowlands.

In terms of one on one, no holds barred, recent lore indicates Tyrande should have the advantage.

I voted Tyrande because I hate her less than Sylvanas. Slightly less.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I dunno. I think if they fought on Azeroth then maybe Tyrande would win. however in the Shadowlands it is a different story. However she might gain a lot of insight into the Night Warrior while in the Shadowlands which would only help her. it's really a 50/50 at this point however in game I don't think we will see that fight; Blizz gave Tyrande the final blow on another major npc she won't get to bag two of them

10+ Year Old Account
    the only casualty will be lore consistency.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Is it too much to ask for a cinematic in which Tyrande burns Sylvanas alive using Moonfire? And see a gore cinematic, a Fatality MK style cinematic as Sylvanas gets desintegrated.

I would come back after years of wow just to see that in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    the only casualty will be lore consistency.
    Lol this is a good one. Another tagline I remembered from AVP: "Whoever wins, we lose." As they're both horrible characters, I'd wish they would both destroy each other and rid the game of their presence.

Sylvanas has near effortlessly beaten everyone who's recently gone up against her, and Tyrande couldn't even kill Sylvanas's fuccboi with her newly acquired "Night Warrior" powers.

You better believe that, if the two ever actually came to blows and Blizzard got to decide the outcome, Sylvanas would once more win effortlessly.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas, because Tyrande couldn't even take down Sylvie's simp-in-chief after a mythical powerup, how is she going to compete with Sylvanas's powerful nihilistic monologues, catwalk strut, and new powers as the plot demands?
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!