Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I went there a few days ago, omw to lvl a new character in a nearby zone. I had fotgotten he called her a bitch and jumped back a bit when he said it. My reaction was not one of disgust. It just took me by surprise.

He hates her. It comes across. Keep it/leave it be, doesnt mater. We all get the idea from the context of the event.

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Who cares?

Why do a subset of gamers get so riled up over the smallest of things?
    - Dare not to sleep -

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxit the Gnome View Post
    Who cares?

Why did Danuser care enough to put in work to get rid of it?

Why don't you spare any energy to ask him why he cared? Really gets the noggin joggin..

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxit the Gnome View Post
    Who cares?

Why even visit the thread or post in it if you don't care?

Quote Originally Posted by RefinedMadness View Post
    Can't wait for the new 'forums' section in the T&E where he explains that this change was both necessary and inconsequential.
    Does every joke of his still revolve around a smug "it was a shitshow, obviously" format?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Nonononono and it's Danuser who removed it. You can't make this shit up. How dare Garrosh insult his fairest queen...

That's some extra punishment for Garrosh in Revendreth for not respecting women.
    The fact that Danuser himself commented on it and implied he personally had a hand in removing it is some raw, unparalleled meme magic and it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by RefinedMadness View Post
    I always saw it as one of the rare moments in WoW lore where the raw unbridled personality of a major lore character was allowed to be shown (similar to Anduin punching Wrathion in the face). But I guess now verbal disrespect is worse than Genocide.

In a game where murder and looting is commonplace and has WAR in it's name, the storytelling should not be censored to fit any political climate.
    I actually agree with this. It let everyone(players and NPCs alike) know exactly what Garrosh thought of Sylvanas. I never thought it was out of place. The only reason it might seem that way is because WoW had mostly never used any sort of expletives in their dialogue. I actually thought Garrosh should have used MORE swearing, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    The fact that Danuser himself commented on it and implied he personally had a hand in removing it is some raw, unparalleled meme magic and it's great.
    I agree. The jokes write themselves.

15+ Year Old Account
    The twitter Thread is Gold tbh.

now that I think about it. the word bitch seems a bit overused. good thing they removed one of them at least. I suggest they get more creative with their insults. :3

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Does every joke of his still revolve around a smug "it was a shitshow, obviously" format?

- - - Updated - - -

actually he was tagged and asked directly. as the lead narrative designer he was definitely aware of it being removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamevizier View Post
    now that I think about it. the word bitch seems a bit overused. good thing they removed one of them at least. I suggest they get more creative with their insults. :3
    So it's either used too much or it's not used enough to warrant being used at all. You people really can't make up your minds.

So it's either used too much or it's not used enough to warrant being used at all. You people really can't make up your minds.
    They're just letting game companies and their sjw agenda rule their heads so they agree with anything

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    actually he was tagged and asked directly. as the lead narrative designer he was definitely aware of it being removed.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    and? /10char

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    and? /10char
    "I make no apologies for removing the word."

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Which is what? Did I miss something or is not Sylvanas an evil murdering psychopath? Any insult anyone could come up will be too little for her.
    Oh, I agree that she's always been a psychopath. Except now she's also supposedly a genius mastermind, and always has been. Any "mistakes" she made in the past have been retconned to have been all apart of her master plan. And apparently, any insults directed at her perfection must likewise be excised, where possible.

I'm actually surprised they didn't remove the scene where Godfrey shoots her in the back of the head, as well. I suppose that would be a wee bit harder to remove than snipping the end off of a line of dialogue. Harder to justify as well....
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    Oh, I agree that she's always been a psychopath. Except now she's also supposedly a genius mastermind, and always has been. Any "mistakes" she made in the past have been retconned to have been all apart of her master plan. And apparently, any insults directed at her perfection must likewise be excised, where possible.

I'm actually surprised they didn't remove the scene where Godfrey shoots her in the back of the head, as well. I suppose that would be a wee bit harder to remove than snipping the end off of a line of dialogue. Harder to justify as well....
    What with the Afterlives: Bastion thing, just wait until Blizzard decides that "No, actually Sylvanas' soul was split all along and the bad part of her soul made it back into her body and did all these heinous things while the good part was stuck in Frostmourne and then went who knows where when Frostmourne shattered. Therefore she isn't bad and didn't do anything wrong."

What with the Afterlives: Bastion thing, just wait until Blizzard decides that "No, actually Sylvanas' soul was split all along and the bad part of her soul made it back into her body and did all these heinous things while the good part was stuck in Frostmourne and then went who knows where when Frostmourne shattered. Therefore she isn't bad and didn't do anything wrong."
    Ooh, a fresh take on how they plan on making it turn out that Sylvanas was actually our lord and savior all along. I like it. Sounds just convoluted enough to be something Blizzard might come up with.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Little cucklets are triggered by almost everything you say now. Bitch, noob, bad, kid, etc. All bad words now and bannable by Blizzard's cancerous automated punishment system.

So of course they removed the word.
    I dunno man the onlycuxklets that seem to be triggered are the man babies that think it's OK to call someone a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    I dunno man the onlycuxklets that seem to be triggered are the man babies that think it's OK to call someone a bitch.
    It's a VIDEO GAME! It's not real! And Sylvanas is a mass murderer, why does it matter if she was insulted?

I agree it felt out of place, wow is a very "sanitised for the grand kids" game with its like of swaring, but that did add some weight, Sware words have real oomf when it comes from a place you don't expect.

Ultimately I don't really care though. I do find it slightly amusing though. Sware words is what I'd expect my gran to be upset about not people my age haha