Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Chadwick Boseman dies at age 43 from Colon Cancer

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...9qmTLTZW_xZiRI

Boseman died at his home in the Los Angeles area with his wife and family by his side, his publicist Nicki Fioravante told The Associated Press.

Actor Chadwick Boseman, who played Black icons Jackie Robinson and James Brown before finding fame as the regal Black Panther in the Marvel cinematic universe, died Friday of cancer, his representative said. He was 43.

Boseman died at his home in the Los Angeles area with his wife and family by his side, his publicist Nicki Fioravante told The Associated Press.

Boseman was diagnosed with colon cancer four years ago, his family said in a statement.

“A true fighter, Chadwick persevered through it all, and brought you many of the films you have come to love so much,” his family said in the statement. “From Marshall to Da 5 Bloods, August Wilson’s Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom and several more- all were filmed during and between countless surgeries and chemotherapy. It was the honor of his career to bring King T’Challa to life in Black Panther."

Boseman had not spoken publicly about his diagnosis.

Just read about this, so sad. Guy was amazing. Wakanda Forever!

Signature Created by Jassinta

This is the worst year ever. RIP

holy crap thats so sad

What the actual fuck is this year?

now its hard to hate the Black Panther Movie knowing he was shooting it while fighting for his Life

Very sad to hear. I feel for his family and friends.

Wow, damn! RIP and condolences to his family. Lost my mother to cancer back in January so I get what his family is feeling.

Ok 2021 can't get here fast enough.

Oh fuck, rest in peace.

I just watched 21 Bridges from him a couple of weeks ago...

Seriously fuck this year, 2021 can't come soon enough.

lost my dad in February from cancer so I feel bad for reply I made in another thread but edited.

My father and grandfather had a history of colon cancer (both treated and not what ultimately killed them). It's why I got my first colonoscopy at 40 and again at 45. Even though the recommendation (for normal histories) is start at 50 and every ten years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelwing View Post
    Wow, damn! RIP and condolences to his family. Lost my mother to cancer back in January so I get what his family is feeling.

Ok 2021 can't get here fast enough.
    You realize people will still die in 2021, right? It's not like 2020 is anything unusual or special when it comes to natural deaths of celeb's or "ordinary" people for that matter. And if you're referring to the pandemic, that virus won't go away once 2021 hits.

People said the same thing about 2018 when Stephen Hawking, Avicii, Stan Lee, Stefan Karl Stefansson, etc died. Not to mention the Indonesia earthquake and Tsunami, various floods, volcanic eruption and whatnot. Surely 2019 was better, right? Nope.

Rip in peace Chadwick though, enjoyed his performances in the Marvel movies.
    Hi

this is horrible. the people of african heritage finally got a main stream film centered around something akin to their culture. i hope they can find someone just as good to take over the role of t'chala but i feel like hollywood finally took one step forward and now that step is gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooo young. Very sad.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Colon cancer sucks.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    You realize people will still die in 2021, right?
    Obviously people know that. The point isn't that we will suddenly become eternal beings in 2021, but that this year has been awful and people are ready for it to be over. Ever had a shitty day at work and thought "I am ready for this shift to be over"?

On-topic, this news sucks and it hit me pretty hard. I really enjoyed his roles in film, and seeing videos of things like him meeting fans and speaking at graduations/etc sure painted him as a decent, kind person.

To think that he was battling stage 3/4 cancer through all of those things. Ugh.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

3+ Year Old Account
    Holy sh*t, what the hell is wrong with this year?

Quote Originally Posted by idnn View Post
    now its hard to hate the Black Panther Movie knowing he was shooting it while fighting for his Life
    I'm not a fan of it, but I'll probably 'warm up' to it now because of that

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Colon cancer sucks.
    Yes... My Grandfather had it, but managed to beat it through treatment. But that was like, almost a year ago when this Pandemic didn't exist. Thank the Gods there's a Cancer clinic on this island, even if it takes two hours to drive down to the city where it's in
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-08-29 at 03:24 AM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Colon cancer sucks.
    It really does. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-08-29 at 03:32 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Very sad news.