Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Can no longer pay with debit to play wow?

Anybody is haveing this issue as well as me i can no longer use debit card for some reason to play wow i don't have credict card either so any other options?

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Anybody is haveing this issue as well as me i can no longer use debit card for some reason to play wow i don't have credict card either so any other options?
    Buy a game card and use the code.
    They are sold on eBay, Amazon etc

10+ Year Old Account
    ...is it an issue with your bank? I cannot fathom why Blizzard would cancel debit card support. If you live outside the U.S. make sure your bank didn't start a new overseas policy.

I have no issues in paying with Visa Debit. Most likely it is your card or bank that is the issue here.

pretty sure you cant pay for subscription with certain debit cards (maestro), but you should be able to buy gametime with everything (including bnet balance)

I use debit card (maestro) to auto-buy sub every month with their service, never had problems, been doing it for years

I use my debit card too. Never had issues. The day Blizzard does not accept debit cards, is the day they lose a customer for life. I have credit cards, but it's the principle of it. I don't like Paypal or whatever other alternate means of payment available.

I have used debit for 14 years. What country are you in?

Do you use the Card for other things? Many, if not all banks, will disable a card, if the account has gone dormant, i.e. no Transactions in a specific length of time, usually 6 months.

15+ Year Old Account
    Use Paypal instead and just link your debit card.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I use my debit card too. Never had issues. The day Blizzard does not accept debit cards, is the day they lose a customer for life. I have credit cards, but it's the principle of it. I don't like Paypal or whatever other alternate means of payment available.
    What's your problem with credit cards? As long as you don't accumulate unpayable debt every month its a very valuable financial tool.

When shopping online it gives you a layer of protection in case you become victim to fraud. You can challenge charges before you pay them, and it becomes your banks problem. Options like charge-backs become open to you in case you ever get ripped off.

When you pay using debit, you are spending cold hard cash then and there. If you get scammed or ripped off or defrauded in any way, the money is gone. That alone is a pretty horrible disadvantage.

Regularly paying off a credit card balance also builds you a credit history and a credit score, which is critical if you ever want to buy a house, or start a business.

At the end of the day you use your debit cards to pay off your credit cards so I don't see what people's apprehension towards it is. If you use a credit card like a line of credit you're gonna have a bad time.

The available payment methods are depending on your country, so without stating that you will never get any meaningful answer to know if it is a general or a "you" issue.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    What's your problem with credit cards? As long as you don't accumulate unpayable debt every month its a very valuable financial tool.

When shopping online it gives you a layer of protection in case you become victim to fraud. You can challenge charges before you pay them, and it becomes your banks problem. Options like charge-backs become open to you in case you ever get ripped off.

When you pay using debit, you are spending cold hard cash then and there. If you get scammed or ripped off or defrauded in any way, the money is gone. That alone is a pretty horrible disadvantage.

Regularly paying off a credit card balance also builds you a credit history and a credit score, which is critical if you ever want to buy a house, or start a business.

At the end of the day you use your debit cards to pay off your credit cards so I don't see what people's apprehension towards it is. If you use a credit card like a line of credit you're gonna have a bad time.
    I have no problem with credit cards. I have 7 of them myself and they're great for building credit. I meant on principle, why would Blizzard no longer suddenly accept debit cards from a financial institution? It's not smart business. While many have credit cards, many do not for a number of different reasons. Not being able to accept the most common method of electronic payment is bad business.

Paid with debit this morning.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I paid for something with a debit card less than a week ago

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I have no problem with credit cards. I have 7 of them myself and they're great for building credit. I meant on principle, why would Blizzard no longer suddenly accept debit cards from a financial institution? It's not smart business. While many have credit cards, many do not for a number of different reasons. Not being able to accept the most common method of electronic payment is bad business.
    Now i'm curious. Why do you have 7?

Check with your bank. I have no issues paying for Blizzard services with a visa debit card (and I'm not even resident in the country the card is registered in).

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Now i'm curious. Why do you have 7?
    "building credit" works when you buy soomething on credit and pay it back right on time. Next time you get a little bit better conditions. Do it with 7 cards and you credit score gets better and better so if you want to buy something bigger you get better rates than if you didn't buy/pay on time all the small shit earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Sámsa View Post
    Buy a game card and use the code.
    They are sold on eBay, Amazon etc
    or cdkeys, instant-gaming