Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Warmode is great. Might have been one of the best features ever. The rewards should be removed of course but at least it lets people play on whatever server they want now.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Because words and sentences matter. If somebody wants to say "the choice sucks", then say that. That starts a conversation. That leads to a discussion about the choices, why the person thinks they suck, how they can be improved, what the situation is, and why it is that maybe some people disagree. That's a conversation starter, and more importantly, it's an accurate statement.

Saying "there is no choice" ends the conversation. It doesn't allow for discussion as the person has completely made up their mind and is invalidating an option altogether. And it's factually incorrect.

I'd say that those simply saying "there is no choice" are the ones not contributing to the conversation. It's a lazy statement, that's blatantly wrong, and doesn't offer an avenue of further discussion.
    Everyone with an IQ above 80 knows what they mean. I'm sure you very well know that they don't mean it literally. You don't achieve anything by correcting them other than trying to make someone look stupid. But if that's your goal then fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Everyone with an IQ above 80 knows what they mean. I'm sure you very well know that they don't mean it literally. You don't achieve anything by correcting them other than trying to make someone look stupid. But if that's your goal then fine.
    So, in a written forum, it makes sense to you for people to write something that they don't mean and just assume people will understand based off of that one sentence, instead of, you know, just being literal?

Dude, it's not about making people look stupid and you know it. It's about having people say what they mean so that the entire onus of their argument isn't put on the person trying to interpret it.
    Last edited by jellmoo; 2020-08-30 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Warmode is great. Might have been one of the best features ever. The rewards should be removed of course but at least it lets people play on whatever server they want now.
    Let me guess, you play horde. Lets see what you will say when Blizzard learns to balance the shards and put extra "horde" in queue.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond View Post
    Let me guess, you play horde. Lets see what you will say when Blizzard learns to balance the shards and put extra "horde" in queue.
    Yes but I also never ever turn warmode on.

If you remove the bonuses from Warmode I imagine the spread would be much better, since you only have those people left who actually want to pvp and not all those who have it turned on for the 'free' 10% bonus.

Ofcourse 99.9% would turn off warmode if there was no bonus since they don't actually care about world pvp (which barely exists anyway, its almost all ganking) but I don't see that as a problem.

But I agree with the mouse, warmode as a means of removing the old pve-pvp server divide and letting players chose if they want to pvp or not is great. The problem is Blizzard tied a reward to it, instead of truly making it a choice purely for the pvp.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Achyra View Post
    If you get rid of it Ally won’t switch over to WM. I’m strictly alliance and I *never* war mode, because 30% still isn’t enough for me to deal with that junk. My partner does, but only for 25-30%, so of it went away he would cease to do so. When it was a flat 10% he wouldn’t even consider it, it’s just not worth the trouble. And that’s really the simple truth. PVP rewards won’t get Alliance players out there. Exclusive mounts and cosmetics won’t do it. PVE rewards barely get Alliance motivated.

If Horde enjoy having people to kill it needs to stay as is.
    Weird. I wonder why I see Stormsong Valley during assaults and Newhome getting stomped into the ground by multiple raid groups every day. If you say Allinace players don't pvp. Must be my imagination.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

And let me guess, you play alliance, on something like Sargeras, where you would number dominate horde every single time without them putting up a fight, but now that warmode is out, you have to deal with the fact that alliance is not a pvp faction. Somehow me and my buddies have no issues finding fun pvp fights as alliance against horde in any shard since the beginning of bfa, and having actual fun. You must be a special snowflake that can't find those fights. Warmode is great, because it lets people who want to pvp, pvp. And people who don't want to pvp can play on the same server as people who do. Its nobody's fault that in general more people who want to pvp are on horde side.

Warmode is fine. What needs to be removed is the bonus based on how many people have warmode active. Because I don't think it's accurate AT ALL. Alliance literally perpetually has the bigger bonus no matter how much they outnumber Horde. They need to just make it a flat bonus that doesn't fluctuate.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Warmode is fine. What needs to be removed is the bonus based on how many people have warmode active. Because I don't think it's accurate AT ALL. Alliance literally perpetually has the bigger bonus no matter how much they outnumber Horde. They need to just make it a flat bonus that doesn't fluctuate.
    The problem is that the bonus is not per shard. (and there being a bonus at all....)
    I'm sure there are many more Horde players with warmode active simply because there are many more serious Horde players in general (as seen by raid participation levels for example). But there being 100 Horde dominated shards and 5 Alliance dominated shards is little comfort for the horde in those 5 shards.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The problem is that the bonus is not per shard. (and there being a bonus at all....)
    I'm sure there are many more Horde players with warmode active simply because there are many more serious Horde players in general (as seen by raid participation levels for example). But there being 100 Horde dominated shards and 5 Alliance dominated shards is little comfort for the horde in those 5 shards.
    I'm not sure I personally buy that because any time I've done warmode on the 5 servers I have characters on, it's always Alliance dominating with numbers yet they still get the higher bonus. I agree that there shouldn't be a bonus but if they really MUST keep it then they should just make it a flat number that doesn't fluctuate for both sides.

Think warmode works fine.

WM won't truly shine until it's FFA. Horde players will still focus down Alliance first, but it would be more equal and more pvp for everyone.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    WM won't truly shine until it's FFA. Horde players will still focus down Alliance first, but it would be more equal and more pvp for everyone.

Lol horde focus's players down what the hell? Ive been killed by more retarded alliance players deathballing than I think iv'e even seen horde PvP groups over 5 man.

- - - Updated - - -

You are either dumb or didn't play in BFA. Blizzard literally had to give alliance 3X the bonus horde got. Fuck I even leveled toons on alliance then just paid to faction swap then to horde because the EXP boost was insane for literally nothing. Like seriously what in the hell are you on about.

Quote Originally Posted by Trialle View Post
    Lol horde focus's players down what the hell? Ive been killed by more retarded alliance players deathballing than I think iv'e even seen horde PvP groups over 5 man.

- - - Updated - - -

You are either dumb or didn't play in BFA. Blizzard literally had to give alliance 3X the bonus horde got. Fuck I even leveled toons on alliance then just paid to faction swap then to horde because the EXP boost was insane for literally nothing. Like seriously what in the hell are you on about.
    The question is what you are on about.
    I'm saying there is a lot more faction pride in Horde, so even if it's FFA Horde will go for Alliance players first and if there are no Alliance players around they will start going for Horde. I haven't said shit about the current WM you retarded fuck.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    Sorry but that is extremely naive. Nobody wants to be ganked. Nobody would activate warmode if there were no pve rewards for activating warmode and go out and start questing. That's why I asked "what is world pvp". Getting ganked is part of world pvp. If you remove all incentives of having warmode on while doing your pve stuff AND give players the tool to deactivate pvp, then nobody would activate warmode because nobody wants to be ganked.
    If the fear of getting ganked is enough to prevent you ever switching WM on, to me it's pretty clear that you shouldn't be switching WM on. Period.

As I have said, if people won't switch on WM without a reward incentive, that's a very strong indicator that they have no interest in WM, and my contention is that it would be better if they didn't switch it on.

Warmode is risk versus reward. You get more but the world is also more dangerous. You might waste a lot of time getting ganked.
    Warmode should be "I enjoy engaging in WPvP". That is all.

In such a scenario where warmode has no extra pve rewards, warmode would just end up to be an uncapped battleground.
    Care to elaborate on how you came to that conclusion? Because it isn't obvious.

I would imagine that in a scenario where warmode has no extra pve rewards it would lose the tourists who have no actual interest in WPvP. Which means that when you come across players of the other faction, they'll be more likely to actually engage in PvP instead of trying to run away. That doesn't mean the whole world will become a battleground.

People would ONLY activate warmode to fight the other faction and then immediately deactivate it again once they don't want to fight. But those big open battles are not all what world pvp is about.
    Or people who like the PvP server experience would just keep on most of the time and play the game with it on....

As with most of the activities you take part of in wow, there is some kind of reward tied to it. Rep gain, gold, gear, mounts, titles, farming materials. Whatever. To get people interested and take part in actual Wpvp content, without putting in some kind of reward for it, will never really work. Theres a risk having WM on, but you get reward. Now take your choice.

From my experience(dont really count for much) i've experienced alot more cool wpvp fights after WM was put on, especially as Alliance. Before WM there really wasnt any wpvp going on at all. It was just one thing and one thing only; ganking lower lvls and VERY imbalanced servers. Atleast now theres a somewhat slim of a chance to experience cool skirmish fights here and there.

WM should stay but the rewards can(should) be looked at. Maybe not dish out powerful PvE gear.
    Last edited by crusadernero; 2020-08-30 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    As with most of the activities you take part of in wow, there is some kind of reward tied to it. Rep gain, gold, gear, mounts, titles, farming materials. Whatever. To get people interested and take part in actual Wpvp content, without putting in some kind of reward for it, will never really work. Theres a risk having WM on, but you get reward. Now take your choice.

From my experience(dont really count for much) i've experienced alot more cool wpvp fights after WM was put on, especially as Alliance. Before WM there really wasnt any wpvp going on at all. It was just one thing and one thing only; ganking lower lvls and VERY imbalanced servers. Atleast now theres a somewhat slim of a chance to experience cool skirmish fights here and there.

WM should stay but the rewards can(should) be looked at. Maybe not dish out powerful PvE gear.
    There was no reward previously for being on a PvP server, why does MW need a reward? Because else no one turns it on? if so then why didn't everyone play on a PvE server before.
    Clearly the possibility of wPvP is its own reward and enough for those who like wPvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    Probably given than most people interested in PvP play on the horde. But it is also possible that this bonus will balance itself better becasue the system will work from the start.
    Seeing as they're not doing any real changes, it's unlikely as it never really balanced out in BfA. Really, it extremely infrequently dipped under 20%, quite often staying at 30% for months, for the Alliance.

It's just a bad mix of personalities, history of the game, and history of imbalance that drove things certain ways and lopsided the factions. Short of extreme incentives, which will result in Horde players being upset, it is fundamentally broken to the point it will never see true balance.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Because they do not outnumber the horde. Not at all. That's the whole point, turn the bonus of and it's horde only in warmode.
    This is not speculation. We already had that happen in BfA.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, how is this going to work in SL? The bonus was only interesting because of AP. Now that that is gone... What if the incentive?
    Don't answer "fun" please, wet already know that's not working for Alliance.