Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Level my main so I'm ready for whatever new (big) secret(s) there will be. Those secrets probably won't be active the first week, so I have some time to get that done.
    After that I will probably level my 11 alts together, zone by zone. Feels like it's going faster that way. Then decide what covenants each alts should get.
    I will also try to make as much gold as possible, in whatever way that might be. Stock up on cheap materials other people way dump on AH while leveling, or sell everything I collect myself incase prices are high.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    level my main first, pick a covenant, gear up as fast as i could. over the next 2 weeks I will level toons based on my covenant plan so that I have one in each covenant before the raid is out.

will probably target questline achievements first, before moving on to whatever else is needed for Pathfinder. there is a cat achievement in either Maldraxxus or Revendreth which I wanna do as well. try and get as many heroic dungeons done in the first 48 hours than I can

I'm actually going to challenge myself and see how long I can avoid playing it since I'm unsubbed and haven't bought next expansion. I want to see what my life looks like without wow in it for a longer period of time. I've never going through a new expansion release without playing it on launch day. From TBC all the way until now. Except for a brief period in cata release date that I wasn't able to play until 3 months after launch. I haven't played this year for about 6 months. Nothing has even changed since i last played either.

So i'll just sip some sweet tea, watching streams on twitch maybe and just live life through their hardcore grinding. I'll just chill. If my good friend comes back and wants to play though I might be tempted to buy it and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I've still got to decide for the Covenant for my main character (Frost/Blood DK). I'm stuck between Necrolords and Venthyr, myself. Mostly down to the aesthetics as I like both of these Covenant's a lot. Once I get that locked down it's pretty much down my normal routine.
    Necrolord.

The ability is more fun. The weekly event thing is more fun Than throwing a tea party. And the Tmog looks better imo

To start:

1. Focus on initial gearing, story, professions, M+ and clearing the heroic raid for the first month or so. Wish I could mythic raid but my work is a bit too unreliable for it.

2. After the season has settled, get my Gladiator push over with ASAP. Biggest hurdle for me by far but it's always such a relief to get it done, the mount looks sick af this season.

3. Push M+ as high as possible, level a shit tonne of alts.

That'll be most of the first patch I imagine. I'll be maining disc priest throughout, I'm really struggling to settle on a covenant but I am leaning towards Venthyr for the consistency between Mythic + and PvP. I'd actually appreciate any thoughts on covenant choice for disc, I'm having a hard time of it and don't have the internet to watch YouTube videos where I am atm. From what I can tell, Kyrian is pretty much king for dungeons as disc, but it's that balance i'm trying to find between different areas of the game and actual fun. Mind-games looks like a really decent burst healing tool, even without the absorb effect.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2020-08-30 at 09:40 PM.

Depends on how it is.

Either I will do mythic and maybe go for Hero of the Horde or I will level to max, realize the expansion sucks, and unsub.

1) decide which class I want to main and level it while gathering as much as possible in the process

2) getting raid ready and raising some gold

3) if enough of my old guildmates decide to come back to raid I will raid without overgearing myself from M+ (the lack of gear progression is what I guess killed the drive to raid for the majority) , else find new guild to raid.

4) Thorgast I guess

5) Alts

Edit:

3a) hoping pvp won't be a complete clusterfuck and a joke like it was in bfa , play some battlegrounds

Well it looks like Blizz is trying to move away from WorldQuests, which they said they were, WQs and random dungeons are pretty much all I do so I guess I'll be doing the bare minimum I need to do and spend the rest of my time in legacy content, looking forward to 10.0
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Level, dailies + weekly torghast, m0s, and then whatever is available of the campaign. Part of me is debating leveling multiple characters before I commit them to covenants, but ehhhhh.

I'm looking to clear the raid week 1 and then probably check out for a while to play Cyberpunk and maybe AC Valhalla.
    Last edited by Boricha; 2020-08-30 at 10:28 PM.

A friend has reformed his former raiding guild with all the old members so I will be joining them for some casual 2 days a week, 3 hours a raid Mythic progress. That sort of schedule suits me to the ground at this point, my hardcore raiding days are past me.

I've decided on Demon Hunter main and Mage alt, so I will level them both before the raid hits. I still haven't decided on my Covenants, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Well, when bfa launched I was unprepared even though I played the beta. I didn't know what to grind so I accidentally skipped stuff like pathfinder, coh rep and so on...I want to have a better start at SL.

1. What would be your grinding routine in SL?

2. Is there anything important to grind on previous expansions or just allied races, pathfinders and maybe some skins/mounts?

3. Do raids scale to 60 now? can you not solo transmog run now?

4. Do you still spam mythic+ and the new tower thing at SL end game or is there anything new to grind?

I suppose it wouldn't make sense for raids to scale to max level now since that would make less relevant the new SL content.
    1. Grind weekly soul ash for legendaries and weekly renown for soulbinds. Grind reputations to honored to access conduits/legendary recipes. Level 3-4 characters to max so that I can self-sustain myself with leatherworking armor kits, oils for weapons, enchants, flasks, pots, etc.

2. I will be unlocking the alliance allied races since their exalted faction restriction was lifted.

3. No, no scaling to 60, you can still solo what you could.

4. M+ is spammed yes, you ask if there is 'anything new', even though you mention Torghast - well, newsflash, Torghast IS new. And it's more than good enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    My plan is to take my time doing the quests, see what covenant offers the coolest looking stuff regardless of the ability and then HOPEFULLY enjoy some PvP again and do a dungeon or raid with some friends once in a while.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Going to do what I've done with all expansions after classic. I'm going to play it untill I've grown bored of it then quit untill more new content has been released.

Week 1: Level main to 60, complete covenant quest line
    Week 2: Main gearing for M0, farming anima / souls for covenant upgrades, tie up loose ends and clear quest log
    Week 3: Main start M+ and gearing; Level farming alt to 60
    Week 4: Main settled in to M+, best available legendary acquired (or good progress made), ready for raiding with my guild; Farm alt funnelling mats to main, set up covenant resource farm

If you want any Legion transmog i recommend you get it now.
    If it's anything like last time, despite what was said, it will be harder to solo old stuff until well into the expansion.

I have been taking care of all my cosmetic needs. When SL launches i will level up my main 4 toons and try to keep them up to date.
    Then when i got time i will level the others. Maybe 1 or 2 more and then wait for the next invasion system that will help me with leveling.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-08-31 at 02:52 AM.

I'm going to visit MMORPG forums and watch the complaints and be glad I didn't buy this expansion... But, I'll be secretly hoping blizzard moves away from this rep grind/exp grind play style that's been the center for the past 2 now coming on 3 expansions.

Then maybe a year down the line, I'll be bored and buy shadowlands and start again lol

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    2. I will be unlocking the alliance allied races since their exalted faction restriction was lifted.
    What? do they only require the questline now? is this true for every allied race?

Wait until 9.1 and possibly not play it if it's another dumpster fire.

I will do the leveling story on my DK, testing both dps specs to decide which will be my offspec for maining Blood.

Look at the Covenants stories and make a decision based on story / ability in a resonable way. I did try to exclude Bastion from that choice but the animated short kinda convinced me to be open minded...

No matter what it will be, once everything cools down and I finished the stuff that is out until 9.1. I will pick one of my 12 120s (then 50s) and level it for a different covenant.

Meanwhile running many M+ and Raid ofc.

It's the same plan as for every expansion:

I level my main to max level, do dungeons, raids, some pvp.
    I level 2-4 alts and play some pvp with them
    I get bored and quit
    I come back about a year later and play for another few months

I consider it a win if the release of Shadowlands keeps me subbed for more than 3 months.