Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This year we’ve been all called upon to overcome many things, and we’re ever grateful to you—our community—for being with us each step of the way during these uncertain times.
    Oh that's so nice, what a lov-
    In that spirit of unity, and as a token of our appreciation, we want to collaborate with everyone who owns Shadowlands to create a mount that you can ride across the realms of the afterlife.
    Oh, should've known it was too good to be true. "Buy our expansion or lose out." Are they really that desperate for sales that they have to disguise a sales promotion post as a "community reward"? Next they'll reveal you need to buy a 6 month sub to qualify...

Gotta get more people pre-purchasing the expansion before Q3 ends, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    The horror of loyalty rewards. You know something this forum has been overwhelmingly iin favor for years, but rips Blizzard when they do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Oh that's so nice, what a lov-

Oh, should've known it was too good to be true. "Buy our expansion or lose out." Are they really that desperate for sales that they have to disguise a sales promotion post as a "community reward"? Next they'll reveal you need to buy a 6 month sub to qualify...
    Why the fuck should they give freebies to those not buying?

Oh my ... Shadowlands pre-purchase not looking good to investors

10+ Year Old Account
    How about for the 75$ we always pay you give us all of them...

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to vote spellbook whenever it lets me in, would go well with my casters... I'm surprised it took this long for people to come in bitching about a good thing, color me impressed!

Still no rainbow unicorn mount?

Sadness.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Oh my ... Shadowlands pre-purchase not looking good to investors
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    it will be added to the Mount Collection tab in Q1 2021 for every player with Shadowlands activated on their account.
    You don't need to pre-purchase to get this. It's "in Q1", which could be anywhere in up to... 31st March is it? They'll no doubt announce it again too as a reminder. Either way you'll have over two months of Shadowlands reviews to see if you want to buy it before Q1 even starts. Hardly "pre-purchase numbers" looking bad.

I really hope that Blizzard attaches some concept art to this all soon.

Even if it's a napkin sketch by a half drunk Blizzard employee.

Wandering Ancient – Not all ancients are interested in war or lore, some just want to travel the world! A large and leafy mount, the Wandering Ancient invites you to climb aboard and grab ahold of its branches as you embark on a lumbering expedition.
    This is by far the most interesting. If people vote for a big cat covered in goop, a flying book, a giant caterpillar or an undead spider, then we'll miss out on a great opportunity to ride an Ent like Pippin in Lord of the Rings!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    The horror of loyalty rewards. You know something this forum has been overwhelmingly iin favor for years, but rips Blizzard when they do it.
    Because these aren't loyalty rewards, they're sales boosters.

Why the fuck should they give freebies to those not buying?
    I dunno, maybe "In that spirit of unity, and as a token of our appreciation," for everyone who's played the game during the year meaning it's actually a community reward instead of a sales promotion. Not to mention it's more likely to encourage players to buy Shadowlands without directly stating "Buy it or lose out". People are more favorable towards "Oh I got a free thing maybe I'll put more money into their product to use it" than "Eh I have to pay to get a 'free' thing, no thanks".
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

I dunno, maybe "In that spirit of unity, and as a token of our appreciation," for everyone who's played the game during the year meaning it's actually a community reward instead of a sales promotion. Not to mention it's more likely to encourage players to buy Shadowlands without directly stating "Buy it or lose out". People are more favorable towards "Oh I got a free thing maybe I'll put more money into their product to use it" than "Eh I have to pay to get a 'free' thing, no thanks".
    Same thing. You reward a customer for buying items/services. This is loyalty for SL purchasers. Token of appreciation to their paying customers.

man fuck that, catch me ridin a caterpillar anyday

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    This is by far the most interesting. If people vote for a big cat covered in goop, a flying book, a giant caterpillar or an undead spider, then we'll miss out on a great opportunity to ride an Ent like Pippin in Lord of the Rings!
    Meh. Doesn't interest me as much as a Skeletal goop cat.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the current, the Ancient is first with the tome at second.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    They don't need to pre-purchase.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Went with spelltome. Though I'd kill for a mecha bear, maybe with jets for flying. Oh well. I can dream.

10+ Year Old Account

It's a free item if you are an updated customer.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Yeah, tell all those people who preordered WC3R what their "loyalty" was worth when what was delivered was a far cry from what was advertised.

This is just a poll, not a reward. Everyone who has SL in Q1 of next year will get the mount. It's also not like this is just a win for everyone who has pre-purchased since I imagine a lot of folks will be kinda sad when their choice doesn't win.

Clearly they're a long way off from completing any of these since they're just concepts at this time, but from a business perspective I can see the point of this being to pad out their Q3 numbers (since it will spur at least SOME people on to pre-purchase just to participate) knowing that Q4 is going to look pretty nice with the actual release of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Went with spelltome. Though I'd kill for a mecha bear, maybe with jets for flying. Oh well. I can dream.
    Man, that would be cool.