Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    It is just about moderated enough to prevent the forums from devolving into an alt-right cesspit.

Don't like it? Go someplace else.
    And a radical SJW echo chamber is better...?

The aim should be a neutral forum. Without politics.
    Last edited by Snowfunk; 2020-09-08 at 01:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Because the forum has numerous times proven to be incapable of having discussions about those subjects. They always devolve into shouting matches of people just swearing at each other.

Would think you'd have found out after being here for 13 years.
    What you view as incapable I view as spirited discussion. The mods on MMO-C if they had their way would have us post in the equivalent style of the english courts, in makeup, whigs and robes. Never speaking out of turn, never getting angry, never showing any emotion whatsoever.

In short...the mods on mmo-c are basically attempting to recreate equilibrium.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    There is no point discussing conspiracy theories ... so that's one that just needs common sense to remove.
    IDK it's fun to poke holes in conspiracy theories as much as it is to defend the conspiracy theories. It's when people come across like they KNOW FOR A FACT! that X is Y and Z is Y too that it goes off the rails and they get mad and start calling people names. Then again at one time "The Earth is a sphere" was just a conspiracy theory.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually feel it's not moderated enough. Certain turnip farmers should have been shitcanned ages a go. Or certain alt-right t-word lunatics who keep regurgitating bullshit for 30+ pages straight. Tired of seeing people meticulously countering any and all crap they (almost always the same people) spew, and basically only stopping after someone gets banned or the thread locked.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

There are plenty of forums that match your description if you want those. I don't think MMO-C wants to open that can of worms.

They tried in the past and it just made the site a lot worse for any other types of conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    IDK it's fun to poke holes in conspiracy theories as much as it is to defend the conspiracy theories. It's when people come across like they KNOW FOR A FACT! that X is Y and Z is Y too that it goes off the rails and they get mad and start calling people names. Then again at one time "The Earth is a sphere" was just a conspiracy theory.
    Always makes me curious as to how the Greeks got it right thousands of years ago only for some idiot to start pushing the Flat Earth model all over again. Is this a case of things looping back around like fashion trends?

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Not allowed to ask about medical issues.
    Not allowed to discuss mental disorders.
    Not allowed to joke with above.
    Not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories.

I mean seriously, what the hell?
    Ease up on power trips.
    You're free to go somewhere else or make your own website if you don't wanna follow site rules. No one forces you to come here.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    Not to mention they throw infractions at everyone who doesn't have a milquetoast opinion on every subject.
    The infraction system is hands down the dumbest and most infuriating system I've ever seen on any forum. And I've been part of many much larger forums where somehow I don't seem to get punished or moderated for the exact same behavior...

I know for a fact that some people created their own communities on discord because the moderation on MMO-C is too extreme.
    100% Agree with the first sentence.

As to the infraction system, at its core it's a way to not get banned the first time a moderator takes action. The problem with moderators however is that they are like your entry-level monkey job, they are having to make decisions on things that don't really have a handbook for. There are *way* too many gray area things that the mod or the mod's mood is going to depend on what happens to you.

As to having your posts moderated, you do realize that the size of forum, or hell even the "type" (gaming, movies, etc) of forum you visit has absolutely no bearing on whether you'll be moderated? If you go join a furries forum for 12-year olds, you'll be moderated for a lot less than a car forum for 30-year olds.

Like you said, the problem seems to come when you have the slightest opinion against the mod looking at the reported post, talk facts about things that go "against the grain", etc. Don't get me wrong people do abuse the fuck out of the report option as well and that in itself should be something that's looked at but still.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Ease up on power trips.
    you can't even talk about pr.iv.ate servers or even spell the word "tr0.ll" that you get automatically flagged and banned
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Because the forum has numerous times proven to be incapable of having discussions about those subjects. They always devolve into shouting matches of people just swearing at each other.

Would think you'd have found out after being here for 13 years.
    Instead of banning those discussions why not just ban the toxic people?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus
    A thread about how hard it is being a white dude is not really a reasonable topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Yes, the moderation is awful - good luck having an actual mod explaining why you got banned

I've been told to kill myself and the person (while on my ignore list) still never got banned

And yet my most recent ban I said this;

"So the fact you can't give me a straight answer and choose to be repulsive and childish is my fault? Okay champ, let me know how being that righteous and foolish works out for you in life"

When I asked if the mod who banned me could prove I was trolling (I wasn't) - guess who never got a reply?

It objectively has worse moderation than 4chan, and that's impressive. Luckily it's not like I pay to be here or have to deal with ads - but I would take this place more seriously if they had actual semi-decent mods
    Yeah I've had the same bullshit thrown at me once or twice with similar results. I wouldn't go as far as to say
    it's worse than 4chan (pretty sure that place is still the wild west in terms of moderation), but "good" and
    "fair" moderation here is few and far between.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    100% agree you get infractions by disagreeing with casual palyers cuz the modes are biased towards casuals and care giga casuals themselves
    that is also the reason why casuals in this from here can insult any Highend player without any consequences, you can't take the moderation seriously here just a bunch of clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    *shrugs*
    Got an infraction yesterday for signature. Ive had the image for at least a couple years now. And the text I added was there for about a month now. So...I figure one of the mods has a personal issue with a recent post....
    This. I can name some once good mods that have become power-hungry, bias, and easily triggered if you even have the slightest opinion that's different from theirs. Oh and don't let yourself be someone they don't like! Anything that you post will be considering as "trolling". Oh and people can insult you and you can report them and nothing happens to them. Take up for yourself though? INFRACTED.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account

Ease up on power trips.
    This community dug it's own grave on this one.

15+ Year Old Account
    I get it, there has to be some control, but sometimes it goes overboard.
    I made a post about being sick of rioting and they banned me for me. It was a genuine post, not a troll post but yet they still banned me.
    I contacted the legal council for the parent company and they immediately unbanned me.

Mods are good in most cases.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    100% agree you get infractions by disagreeing with casual palyers cuz the modes are biased towards casuals and care giga casuals themselves
    that is also the reason why casuals in this from here can insult any Highend player without any consequences, you can't take the moderation seriously here just a bunch of clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    100% Agree with the first sentence.

As to the infraction system, at its core it's a way to not get banned the first time a moderator takes action. The problem with moderators however is that they are like your entry-level monkey job, they are having to make decisions on things that don't really have a handbook for. There are *way* too many gray area things that the mod or the mod's mood is going to depend on what happens to you.

As to having your posts moderated, you do realize that the size of forum, or hell even the "type" (gaming, movies, etc) of forum you visit has absolutely no bearing on whether you'll be moderated? If you go join a furries forum for 12-year olds, you'll be moderated for a lot less than a car forum for 30-year olds.

Like you said, the problem seems to come when you have the slightest opinion against the mod looking at the reported post, talk facts about things that go "against the grain", etc. Don't get me wrong people do abuse the fuck out of the report option as well and that in itself should be something that's looked at but still.
    this. mod's mood is bad? youre in trouble. and no point to appeal any infraction, you get no response. they read it and don't reply. same thing when you message a blue or they'll just take up for the greens.

Ease up on power trips.
    lol Not really i seen worse in other sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    I get it, there has to be some control, but sometimes it goes overboard.
    I made a post about being sick of rioting and they banned me for me. It was a genuine post, not a troll post but yet they still banned me.
    I contacted the legal council for the parent company and they immediately unbanned me.
    Yep. I've had this happen to me -numerous- times.

5+ Year Old Account
    So why not use Reddit?

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Are you saying conspiracies don't exist?
    No... I'm not saying that, but those would be conspiracy facts.

It is conspiracy theories that aren't worth a grain of salt.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    I'm not really sure what's sadder.

The idea that you are telling the truth about this or the idea that you are lying.