Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Equalling OP with "the WoW community" is pretty much insulting everyone who disagrees with him and is also part of the community. OP does not represent us. I mean..do you play? Are you part of the community? Do you want to be tossed into one bucket with people who are "demanding cry babies"?

Still not surprised that OP never came back to address the tons of people debating him. Ah well.....
    Oh calm your tits. Not everyone in the community are cry babies. Just OP and a few others. The problem with the WoW Community is people are way to demanding over things. At least from what I've seen on MMO Champion. Some mean well and bring up good points. However then you have OP. The worst of the community. Demanding that someone should be fired over something that honestly isn't his fault. Hate those type of people.

So that is what I meant by "Demanding cry baby."

It's probably not Ion's call here. He might want to change it and have the resources to snap his fingers and have it changed today, HOWEVER...

A lot of money and resources have already been put into the marketing and advertising of this game, which are centered around "Choices and Consequences" (you'll see what I mean when the ads start popping out everywhere). As shit as you may feel covenants are, the team is powerless to change it now until the marketing cycle of this expansion ends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    I never did pre-order and still haven't, I will wait until 9.1 to see if they going to fix the game if not, not playing this at all.
    Given the choice of firing their entire dev team (because it isn't just Ion that makes all the decisions) and pleasing someone on a forum I suppose it's really not a difficult decision. These "FIRE XXXX" threads are always so silly and essentially clueless about how large-team development is done.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    That's just like, your opinion dude.
    While he is indeed just stating an opinion, you are implying that he is alone with that particular opinion and that is friggin hilarious. People like you and the OP need to stop thinking that just because you dislike a new feature it is hated all around.

If we were to assume that this forum was a reflection of the actual game communities mindset then the game would have been shut down years ago.

Every expansion this happen, every last one:

A new feature is introduced and this forum produces one hate thread after the next. Every time the devs come out to explain their reasoning more hate threads, then changes happen, but since it is not exactly the changes some people want... you guessed it... more hate threads.

It is sooooo repetitive, like being stuck in a time loop. I am sure you could dig out threads from before BC and have the exact same nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    I never felt insulted in my life with that recent post he did about moving full steam ahead with their bad game design decisions. They got detailed feedback on why covenant power was not going to work but lol we are going to move forward anyway, even though we said we not move forward with covenant power if there was enough negative feedback, they lied as usual . We need a new game director fast because Ion is destroying the game with his bad decisions, look how many people left after BFA, I guess they’re going to continue this trend in Shadowlands. It has gotten so bad even their most ardent defenders are coming out against this such as Wowhead, Icy Veins, T & E, Nobbel etc. Also the endgame zone the maw not being done before it’s near release is a disgrace.
    They can't fix this mess by 9.1. The earliest 9.1 can come out is in late January of 2021...by then the damage will be done just like what happened with Battle for Abilities.

But I am okay with that because the bean counters will not allow a second BFA to happen under their watch. That will lead to a new game director and a shakeup of the WoW retail team that it badly needs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    This expansion is nowhere near ready for release yet, and supposedly it is a month and a half away

And their latest pvp vendor thing told me the devs have no idea what they're doing.
    Well honestly prepatch isn't ready either. They had all this time working on the expansion by cutting BFA short and BFA has been a very long expansion in terms of time length. Time is running out.

So... assuming we stick to the precept that Ion's first and only expansion so far as a director was BfA... are you honestly suggesting they should fire him because of ONE expansion?

Yeah, sounds like a stupid hill to die on.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    So... assuming we stick to the precept that Ion's first and only expansion so far as a director was BfA... are you honestly suggestion they should fire him because of ONE expansion?

Yeah, sounds like a stupid hill to die on.
    No because systemlands is going to happen which will make him 0 for 2. The retail team isn't surviving another BFA fiasco and systemlands is clearly not ready for launch.

With legion Kalgan was still around but that isn't the case with BFA or the new upcoming expansion. Tick tock...tick tock...time is running out...

The new retail dev team will take over on their golden chariots and restore WoW to its MMORPG roots. And not the linear single player action RPG that dear leader and his dev diablo team have been trying to twist WoW into some time. A monstrosity that is unrecognizable to the core WoW PC MMORPG audience.

Right now the upcoming expansion is being designed for a target audience that doesn't exist why ignoring their core WoW MMORPG audience

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Rofl what a silly comment. In fact anytime someone feigns ignorance to what the person said rather than just critiquing it out right is sad.

Like for one I could just pretend to be ignorant too and say “why would raid bosses being unkillable have anything to do with covenants?” Because they’re not interlinked. Every single covenant could be fine yet raid bosses all unkillable. That would be on the bosses not covenants.

TLDR Don’t be obtuse, it makes you look silly.

- - - Updated - - -

Hahaha nice find. It’s almost like he’s not being sincere with his posts and simply wants to rile people up.
    Die of cancer, shit eating retard

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    No because systemlands is going to happen which will make him 0 for 2. The retail team isn't surviving another BFA fiasco and systemlands is clearly not ready for launch.
    I mean... the expansion isn't even out yet. We are essentially judging an entire expansion based on the beta for its first patch. As far as I'm concerned, the systems in place are not objectively good or bad, evidence being the huge spectrum of opinions based on current beta content. In my opinion, I look forward to seeing if I will or will not enjoy the content because, unlike most people here apparently, I form my opinion based on my own experience and not based on what other people say or think.

With legion Kalgan was still around but that isn't the case with BFA or the new upcoming expansion. Tick tock...tick tock...time is running out...
    I've no idea why people think having a certain person on the team makes or breaks an expansion. But, aight, you do you.

The new retail dev team will take over on their golden chariots and restore WoW to its MMORPG roots. And not the linear single player action RPG that dear leader and his dev diablo team have been trying to twist WoW into some time. A monstrosity that is unrecognizable to the core WoW PC MMORPG audience.
    ... New retail dev team? Sorry, I don't quite understand. Unless I've been living under a rock, Shadowlands' dev team is the same dev team who worked on BfA and the same team that will work on future expansions to come.

Right now the upcoming expansion is being designed for a target audience that doesn't exist why ignoring their core WoW MMORPG audience
    And what audience is that? We've already established that the top 1% of players don't like covenants and soulbinds because... I dunno, min-max reasons, I guess. So that leaves the other 99% of players who are split down the middle between whether they like it or not.

Spoiler alert: no one can do anything to please everyone about anything. Blizzard can only make something, get feedback, reiterate, and put out something in a timely manner. If they were to keep reiterating and reiterating until everything was 100% perfect and everyone was 100% happy with it, we wouldn't have an expansion because it is simply not possible. They need to put something out with what timeframe they have to do it. The sooner people realize this, the less we'll get of these stupid, redundant topics.

At this point I really have no idea why he's still the lead. After Legion they sure had a massive amount of goodwill towards him, but BfA blew it all. Why he's still responsible is beyond me. He's carrying on with his design of WoW which clearly failed in the last years and I am not sure why they let him continue this trend in Shadowlands.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Yikes, there are a lot of Blizz employees/shills in this thread.

Game is 1000 times better than it was before ion became game director
    imagine the game without mythic plus
    without end game progression in the form of artifacts
    game with no world quests
    the game was boring and ion and his team took it to the next level
    if blizzard stuck with the old path game would be dead

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    At this point I really have no idea why he's still the lead. After Legion they sure had a massive amount of goodwill towards him, but BfA blew it all. Why he's still responsible is beyond me. He's carrying on with his design of WoW which clearly failed in the last years and I am not sure why they let him continue this trend in Shadowlands.
    Probably because they like his results so far... it's not hard to understand why someone keeps their job instead of being sacked. He racks in the money to warrant his position. He get fired as soon as he has proven he can't do so anymore.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    Remember when people called for Ghostcrawler to be fired every expansion?

- - - Updated - - -

Why the fuck?
    I bet people are missing and wishing to have ghostcrawler back now. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    While I'm not going to assign some super powers to Ion either way (great savior/destroyer), I am one of people who totally think that WoW made a lot of necessary additions since Legion that certainly helped to make this old horsie run a few more miles down the road.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    So, I imagined the game without all of the things that you told me to imagine it without.

Weird, the game i imagined was better.. Whats also weird is that WoW had its highest MAU and Sub numbers during the time in the game that those things didnt exist.

Super weird.

I guess there is a threshold where solid design beats just having alot of shit to do over and over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    While I'm not going to assign some super powers to Ion either way (great savior/destroyer), I am one of people who totally think that WoW made a lot of necessary additions since Legion that certainly helped to make this old horsie run a few more miles down the road.
    Once Ion will be gone, he too will become the great savior. It's the ultimate fate of all WoW game directors - while they are in position - they are literal Riders of The Apocalypse and when they are gone - they are getting canonized.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    So, I imagined the game without all of the things that you told me to imagine it without.

Weird, the game i imagined was better.. Whats also weird is that WoW had its highest MAU and Sub numbers during the time in the game that those things didnt exist.

Super weird.

I guess there is a threshold where solid design beats just having alot of shit to do over and over.
    2k20 are not 2009, buddeh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You are a major hypocrite. What happened to devs being people too?

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ve-to-hate-wow
    /thread right there

I wonder what's going on in peoples' heads that open threads with titles like this one. Maybe the Dunning-Krueger effect, idk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nief View Post
    I wonder what's going on in peoples' heads that open threads with titles like this one. Maybe the Dunning-Krueger effect, idk.
    I'm more curious why this thread is even allowed to go on with that title.