Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    "Druids on the Shadowlands beta are now required to learn expert riding (the first rank of flight riding) in order to use their flight form."

I remember when I leveled druid to 68 and got flying for basically free and how much it helped to save for epic flying. Now Blizzard is taking that perk away and makes it harder to farm gold for epic riding for new druids.

Yeah maybe other classes cried about how unfair it was but come on, if it was almost 14 years in game like that why take it away now? Too much complains from jealous classes or what?
    costs 250 gold. that is easily attainable

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    5000g epic flying, maybe for you it's nothing but for someone who just started WoW. For me for instance 5000g was big deal when I started WoW.

Can't see any other reason for this nerf than complains from jealous classes. You were basically "forced" to roll druid if you wanted epic flying sooner.
    Yeah, but that was when you started, flying skills are a *lot* cheaper nowadays (People here say 250G, that's chump change for anybody these days), you probably could have farmed those 250G in the time it took you to write your post! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    When i say the change, i knew someone would make a thread crying about it, because this is MMO-C and that is what people do. If 250g (hell even 5000g) is something that is difficult for you, then you need to reevaluate your play style. Just questing from 110-120 will net on average 5-7k at least, and if you have a single gathering profession (your a druid, you most likely do), you will make way more.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

7+ Year Old Account
    What a ridiculous change. How does that come up in a design meeting? "...and wtf is with druids not having to pay for flight? That needs to change!" Shaking my head here.

With regards to impact on my game play:
    Gonna hold me back all of the minute it will take to spend 250g.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Jealous classes? How hasn't enough money for epic flying, like honestly. What does it cost, 5000g? 10.000g? That amount of gold is absolutely nothing if you play the recent expansion for more than a week, because with ore, herbs or enchanting materials you can easily make that money (if questing to max level isn't enough already).
    They are complaining about a non-issue if they really care and I tell you most players don't, there is no additional epic flying cost anymore since they merged 310 with 280, so they are actually saving everyone from paying way more and Druid's now have to abide by the rules a bit more.

Bugger knows why they're changing it now. That much gold hasn't been relevant for a good 10+ years, so changing it just seems pointless, taking away a nice little slice of favour... for what, exactly?

Any gold cost for ANYTHING was made negligible the day they added a legal way to buy gold.

I think it is weird to take stuff like this away because everyone can play druid. An nearly everyone has one if just for farming purposes and because it was a consistently fun class.
    It is not like this is unfair to anyone specifically. It is rather RP. As why the hell would a griffon rider teach me how to turn into a a motherf-ing huge raven?