Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikishock View Post
    I think Witcher 3 is over rated and I've tried multiple times to play it but can't seem to get into it because it just seems painfully boring.
    I think Witcher 3 really suffers from being a sequel to a series that 90% of players who tried W3 didn't play, based on books that 99% of players (westerners, at least) haven't read. And then it barely puts any effort into familiarising new players with the setting, you're basically stuck reading dozens of pages of glossary just to get slivers of information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    The Sonic Adventure games are fantastic.
    Have you actually played them lately? I have immense nostalgia for Sonic Adventure 2, but I'd never in a million years consider it a good game.

MoBA's are terrible, and they almost killed the superior RTS genre.
    MOBAs didn't kill the RTS -- consoles did. They're also hard to make and have niche appeal, so there isn't much of an indie scene.

Mobile games should cost money, so they don't rely on microtransactions.
    The only reason the F2P model is even a thing is because it makes waaaaay more money than having an upfront cost -- especially in the enormous but fickle mobile market. That's capitalism for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    -Dark Souls 2 is a beautiful game, it has excellent design in environments and feels a lot like a classic DnD adventure with some beautiful sense of low fantasy
    I can understand people liking Dark Souls 2's combat system to a degree, but I cannot abide by people saying it has good environmental design. It has the worst world, level and enemy design in the entire series by far. It abandoned everything that made Dark Souls 1 good in favour of making a game that could be marketed as "hard", with locations that look cool at a first glance, but have not a single thought given to coherence or spatial awareness. Because of this, it's the only Souls game I've never gone back to replay. It disgusts me.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Banjo tooie is simply too big for its own good. Grunty industries nearly requires a playing guide it’s so big and confusing to navigate. I love both banjo kazooie and tooie but the 1st is such an objectively better game.
    Agreed. I replay Kazooie once every few years and can finish it in a single sitting. Tooie is much bolder in its design but ultimately isn't even close to as fun to play. The levels are too big, too segmented, and become confusing very quickly. There are far too many deviations from action platforming that don't need to exist. Plus, the game just straight up constantly wastes your time with needless backtracking and player-state swapping. Yooka-Laylee has a lot of the same problems, which is why it got such a lukewarm response.
    "Why has government been instituted at all? Because the passions of men will not conform to the dictates of reason and justice, without constraint." - Alexander Hamilton

7+ Year Old Account
    I really really enjoyed ME3. The ending certainly could have been stronger but otherwise, across the board, great game.

I don't regret buying Anthem, I got many many hours of fun out of it, though I do understand the criticisms.

Dark Souls games would be better served by easing up on the between-boss difficulty, so more players could actually get to experience what a masterpiece the combat is in regards to boss fights. Not mobbed infinite times by gacha mechanics and arrows shot by hawkeye from outer space.

Also - These games only serve as a metric for how patient one can be, not how "skilled" someone is at pressing buttons on a controller. There are people in this very thread ranking the Soulsborne/Sekiro games and saying they're "too easy". It's transparent.

Metal gear snake's revenge was awesome.
    Skyrim is shit.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Overwatch 2 is not an expansion it's a fuggin sequel.. part 2 of a story.

Diablo 3 is better than both PoE and D2.

BFA had the best story and the worst gameplay of all expansions.
    MoP was good and Garrosh made for an interesting finale.
    Sylvanas isn't as bad as everyone says.

Hard doesn't mean good. If we measured how good a game was based on difficulty, QWOP would be the best game. Souls fans sit down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Dark Souls games would be better served by easing up on the between-boss difficulty, so more players could actually get to experience what a masterpiece the combat is in regards to boss fights. Not mobbed infinite times by gacha mechanics and arrows shot by hawkeye from outer space.

Also - These games only serve as a metric for how patient one can be, not how "skilled" someone is at pressing buttons on a controller. There are people in this very thread ranking the Soulsborne/Sekiro games and saying they're "too easy". It's transparent.
    Exactly. It's Memory/Simon Says.

I really really enjoyed ME3. The ending certainly could have been stronger but otherwise, across the board, great game.

Dragon Age 2 was better than Dragon Age Origins.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmacmillan View Post
    To be fair, the vast majority of people loved ME3, they just didn't like the ending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Horizon Zero Dawn isn't that great

Shadowlands looks like it will be worse than BFA

Kingdom of Hearts sucks as an adult and is only adored by nostalgia junkies

I never see this one posted anywhere so I feel like I'm in the minority..

The Assassin's Creed games (1 & 2 at least) had the best horse riding controls of any game I'd played - not including RDR2, as it wasn't out when I played them.

I hate games like The Last of Us. It feels like you're watching a movie half the time, and the gameplay itself is so scripted it hurts.

classic, is actually better than retail

Games like Assassin's creed serie or Ghost of tsushima are just boring interactive movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Metal gear snake's revenge was awesome.
    Hell yeah it is! I think the majority of MG fans just ignored it because its "not-canon", when in truth its way better then the NES version of the original and manages to be both equal parts stealth and fast paced action game and the soundtrack kicks dick! The two Ac!d games on PSP are also really enjoyable spin-offs if you can get behind the gameplay of them.

Unreal Tournament 2004 had the best implementation of vehicle combat in any game before or since.

Quote Originally Posted by endorus View Post
    Unreal Tournament 2004 had the best implementation of vehicle combat in any game before or since.
    I would say Quake 1's Airquake mod did.

WoD was the best expansion in WoW and most players don't understand how good it really was.

World of Warcraft made my childhood beautiful.