Poll: Fave allied race so far

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I really like them all.
    Dark Iron Dwarves are both aesthetically and thematically great. But may be should've been just customization option.
    Void Elves are...something half assed lorewise, created from thin air, just to not give us high elves. But, hey it is something.
    Kul Tiran are long needed Burly option for Alliance.
    Lightforged are probably the weakeast, since they could've been just appearance option for draenei.
    Nightborne...should've been neutral race, ffs. Also great heritage armor.
    Highmountain & Mag'Har - see Lightforged.
    Zandalari - for first time in 15 years and countless alts...i made a troll. Speaks volumes.

(And pretending that mechagnomes and vulpera don't exist.)
    Last edited by oblakoff; 2020-09-18 at 02:14 PM.

Lore-wise, which is most important to me, and aesthetically too of course, it was down to Nightborne and Dark Iron Dwarves for me, just because the lore, and their backstory are most interesting to me. I went with Nightborne just because they edge out Dark Irons a bit with me as I do like elves, do I do also love Dwarves with cool fire beards and burning eyes, so it was tough choice.

Come Shadowlands my preferred race will definitely be Void Elves when I can actually make what looks like a High Elf instead of some emo edge lord with too much hair gel and not enough personality, but as those options are not yet available so I went with my favorite today.

My top 3 are:

1. Zandalari troll
    2. Mag'har orc
    3. Dark Iron dwarf

Zandalari are the superior trolls compared to Darkspear. While the Darkspear lives in huts, the Zandalari have their own empire which withstood a full scaled Alliance assault and a battle with blood trolls + Mythrax. They have great leaders, a lot of proper characters and flavourful racials. Mag'har look way cooler than green orcs with all the unique customisation options they have and being able to customize their own clan. Also they have some badass tech that they took from Draenor. Dark Iron dwarf are simply the better and more charismic dwarves with their flaming beards.

I also leveled a Highmountain but it felt to similiar to a normal tauren. The Bull Rush racial is nice though. Not as interested in all the others.

Its close between Zandalari Troll and Mechagnome for me. The Zandalari are like the Horde’s version of humans as far as how they look in armor but I just am much more of an alliance player. I really love my Mechagnome hunter and how you get get matching everything pretty much. The heritage armor, the gun, the pets, the mount. It just looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    realisticaly who cares about racials in 2020 (except the 0.1%)
    They can be fun even if you're not into min-maxing. As a ranged main, having no pusback on casting spells makes the void elf racials perfect for me.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Mag'har Orc ofc.

1. Dark Iron Dwarfs
    2. Void Elves
    3. Zandalari Troll

Voted Zandalari, but also Nightborne and Dark iron.

Mag'har orc
    why?
    that is my opinion, do not ask why.

Zandalari, Mechagnomes, Darkiron, Vulpera in this Order.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    From what I wish they were, Nightborne - so I voted them. But they didn't get the treatment they deserved, as they should've been focused on more even if they were just an 'allied race'. Their animations should've been worked on more than they already have.
    100% agree. I hope they get a lot of love soon, they deserve it.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Lore-wise, which is most important to me, and aesthetically too of course, it was down to Nightborne and Dark Iron Dwarves for me, just because the lore, and their backstory are most interesting to me. I went with Nightborne just because they edge out Dark Irons a bit with me as I do like elves, do I do also love Dwarves with cool fire beards and burning eyes, so it was tough choice.

Come Shadowlands my preferred race will definitely be Void Elves when I can actually make what looks like a High Elf instead of some emo edge lord with too much hair gel and not enough personality, but as those options are not yet available so I went with my favorite today.
    Such as hame they chose to go with ugly faces for Nightborne, but I really like them.. I use to hate arcane in the night elves, but the reading more about their lore and then seeing it played out actually helped turn that around.. if the models had nicer faces, I don't think i'd play any other race but Nightborne/Night elves depending on what faction I am on

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    realisticaly who cares about racials in 2020 (except the 0.1%)
    I care about utility, not dps gains. Vulpera's 8 extra bag slots, and an extra teleport to any save point, is great.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Zandalari model is absolutely insane, unfortunately the size puts me off playing one as a main but they look great with any transmog set. I'm also a Void Elf fan because the model is great and looks fantastic, just a shame entropic embrace looks half-assed and the hair styles for the males are garbonzo.

I liked the idea of Vulpera but playing against them and hearing their battle squeaks is infuriating and I'm quite happy to murder them all. They still look cool. Dark Irons, Kul Tiran and Nightborne are also great for me.

Bottom of the barrell for me is HM Tauren because it's just a Tauren and LF Draenei. You could quite easily add their options to the OG versions and I don't think anyone would have noticed. Mag'har are better the changes are more noticeable but I don't get why the hairstyles aren't interchangeable between Orc and Mag'har and let's face it, they're cooler.

Mechagnomes can go back to the junkyard. Other than them I've enjoyed seeing allied races and was hoping to see one last pair in BFA but I partially feel we've seen the end of Allied Races for now. Hoping for those Ardenweald fauns though
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Dark Iron 100%. They were basically the model for the whole idea.

1 Zandalari (voted)
    2 Dark Iron
    3 Vulpera

Wanted to vote vulp just because it's so funny that so many people are butthurt over them, but voted fairly as imho Zandalari are one step above the rest.

Man... difficult to choose between dark iron and kul'tiran.
    Dark iron flaming beards and racials are awesome.
    Kul'tiran have a big frame which the alliance didnt have yet. Customization options are lacking though.

Void elves were a cop out (might as well have added a different kind of high elf with a slightly different model andcustomizations) but they are usuable and have good racials.
    Zandalari are pretty cool too.

Can't really choose one. None is the one i wanted. I wanted Sethrak. That would've been very unique.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    I care about utility, not dps gains. Vulpera's 8 extra bag slots, and an extra teleport to any save point, is great.
    Meh... that poster is trying to be hipster. The dps from racials is negligeable. It's the utility that matters and means more than 0.1%.
    Being able to remove a stun, a poison or bleed, an aoe stun aka interrupt, a purge, a way to get out of combat, not being affected by spell pushback, a mobility option, etc. These are more important things than the damage.
    No one cares about the damage component. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Easily void elves:

- Best aesthetics and theme
    - Best customization options
    - Best racial abilities (no pushback on cast ability ftw)
    - Best heritage armor
    - Best racial mount

It is therefore not a surprise that void elves are incredibly popular and more played than several older Alliance races.
    Let's not forget the ultimate in Racials, 50% reduced Transmog cost. I play Void Elf mages for that alone, then the no pushback on casting.

Nightborne and Vulpera. With Void Elves getting some blood elf skins it will put them almost on the same level with Nightborne and Vulpera imo. As for the other allied races all the other Alliance allied races are slapped together trash and not a fan of the double hair of the Highmountain, the Zandalari having rocks over all of their skins, and the scars and white skin of Mag'har being subpar.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2020-09-19 at 03:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post

Your hair will still 100% look like emolord hairgelmuch hair, they did not get the blood elf/high elf hairstyles (or hair colors). Just the skin colors and high elf-style eyes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    I really love my Mechagnome hunter and how you get get matching everything pretty much. The heritage armor, the gun, the pets, the mount. It just looks really cool.
    This. Thanks to the matching weapons and mounts and such, Mechagnomes have arguably the most complete/uniform look of any race in the game and its a big part of why I love them.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-09-19 at 03:50 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.