Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Nothing about BfA was good. Best i can say about BfA is “well that one thing didnt COMPLETELY sucked and was palatable if you really ignore the context and surrounding events”.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only the scene with Thrall was good, because screw Aggra The Hag. Thrall x Jaina is love and life.

Her fanart has been really good.

Mary Sue-ing Jaina just as they did with Thrall in Cata, is not anywhere near good.

She definitely had development, though I am left with a feeling her new, more supportable philosophy takes too much highlight, kinda whitewashing her past sins. We're going hard on Sylvanas for her transgressions (rightly so), but Jaina is getting off scot-free for everything (they had a good opportunity to address the Purge with the addition of angry Sunreavers in the Warcampaign, but we just killed a bunch of them and split *facepalm*) and got another goddamn leadership position because she's just that swell of a gal. I also don't like her power creep, the bit about the floating warship was just ridiculous.

So while I like Jaina as she is right now I am left unsatisfied by the handling of her old self. That woman was a complete bitch who had built a resume to warrant repercussions.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

7+ Year Old Account
    Her daughter of the sea phase lasted one patch
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Whole story perfectly encapsulates Goldens writing style, tugging at heartstrings like an alcoholic parent instead of proper character development and logical plot progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Whole story perfectly encapsulates Goldens writing style, tugging at heartstrings like an alcoholic parent instead of proper character development and logical plot progression.
    But i heard that having lots of sad moments (with obligatory sad music from anime) is peak of writing skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Frankly no and I can't imagine what 'amazing' story people believed happened when they praise it. To quote myself from another thread on a summary of her BfA story:
    Thanks for pretty much summing it up. Jaina's story was way too forced. Too soap drama for me. She just randomly got some mcguffin and everyone in Kul'Tiras loves her now and she became Admiral? She was gone for decades and she all of a sudden gets a leadership position? Nepotism at its finest.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-09-18 at 10:16 PM.

No, she was all over the place.

She simmers in anger during Legion, refusing outright to let the Horde back in, when outvoted she throws a hissy fit and leaves.

She reappears out of nowhere on a friggin flying ship at the Battle for Lordaeron despite not knowing about Teldrassil, ready to be the Alliance deus ex machina

She leads the Alliance to Kul Tiras but then gets scolded and kicked out by her mommy, wallows in sadness like a teenager until mommy tells her it's ok, then suddenly gets made the leader of the Kul Tiras cause magic.

Then back to anger, leads the strike on Zuldazar.

Then gets a call from Baine, gets her dead brother back, rethinks "gee maybe the horde isn't all bad", saves Baine, has a moment with Thrall and is back to post-WC3 Jaina wanting peace and happiness for all.

I've hardly given her much thought. Her story arc was very boring. I also hate the Kul Tian asthetics. Boralus is an eyesore. Art needed to be WAY better.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

It was superb right up until 8.3.5 when she completely reverted to her pre-Theramore state. All her character changes/progression were wiped away just to make peace with the Horde and absolve them of any responsibility.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Frankly no and I can't imagine what 'amazing' story people believed happened when they praise it. To quote myself from another thread on a summary of her BfA story:
    Definitely agree with all of these points. If pre-BfA Jaina had been consistently the most inconsistent character ever in WoW, BfA just turned her into Generic Mary Sue #47532358, thus turning her into yet another author mouthpiece, as if this xpac hadn't had enough of those already. One of the most overrated storylines in the entire game.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

The story was ok, but I would've preferred if she stayed sceptical of the horde. She is more interesting as a semi-paranoid, powerful mage than a naive hippie.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    The assault lead to nothing but the Zandalri joining the horde because she was to much of a hippie to let them actual take any thing in the city for a bargaining chip and instead only went for the king.

It ended up was an active determent to the alliance because she was a hippie.
    They wanted to take Rastakhan AS the bargaining chip....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

She was the best character in BfA. I really liked Talanji and Nathanos as well.

The way they keep bouncing her from "Horde Hater" to "Make peace not war" and back to "Horde Hater", with the occasional hizzy fit and rage quit teleportation away from somewhere, I can only see her messy character continueing this crazy train ride into SL.

Something will happen, she will blame the Horde, others will try to talk sense into her, she will rage-teleport away with a typical "You will all regret this decision" last remark and off we go...

ridiculous boring strong independent alliance woman

As a Horde main who only recently leveled a Void Elf to 120 to experience the Alliance side of the story, I have to say that the Alliance campaign was far better than the Horde side.

I love Jaina, she is my favourite character by a long way, she was an amazing raid boss.

Her Kul Tiras garb is exquisite, by far the best looking item set in game. I would pay good money to have her garb as a transmog.

I want Jaina to be warchief of the Horde, I don't care how or why.. just do it!

3+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely. Her character development was one of the lore highlights of the expansion. Absolutely perfect.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.