Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Well, she had almost 0 presence in Horde story. This is why I dislike that we had faction dependent views on last 2 expansions, cause it seems that there was a lot of interesting things happening on Ally side.

For Horde she's just Anduin's plot armor to get out of Undercity, then completely missing for half the expansion just to teleport at the end of DA raid, fling a few frostbolts, and TP back home for the rest of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    I want Jaina to be warchief of the Horde, I don't care how or why.. just do it!
    Any specific reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    Absolutely. Her character development was one of the lore highlights of the expansion. Absolutely perfect.
    More flip-flopping, being easily forgiven and some "I cri everytim" cinematics doesnt equal character development.

i've done all the BfA questlines both for horde and the alliance, i've found Jaina's return to be the most interesting

we also care much more since it's a continuation straight from WC3, unlike Talanji's quests which may be cool but are something new for us so we have less reasons to care

what kinda dissapointed me is that she forgot her 'vengeance' once again too easily... no matter how calm and wise she is and no matter what's at stake here no 'real' person would just forgive the death of her hardly innocent but still father, the bombing of Theramore, the attempt to use her brother's corpse as an undead assassin, the actual boss fight in which the Horde almost killed her

yeah Thrall and Bane are fine, it's not their fault, but they accept and tolerate those that are actually to blame and Saurfang despite his reservations still lead the Horde invasion to the Nelf homeland for no reason...

having her once again fighting side by side with the Horde makes no sense to me, she should have taken Daelin's mantle this time and that would have made her a much more interesting character

Really wasn't a fan of her before this point, felt like she went too far onto the vengeful side of things but they did a good job clarifying why she was like that and making a believable character shift.

Best arc of BFA. Followed by Thrall, then Saurfang. Saurfang's only at the bottom because I already liked him, whereas the others got a lot of bonus character redemption points.

Blizzard pulled off an 18 year character arc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    They wanted to take Rastakhan AS the bargaining chip....
    Ya and nothing else so when he died when had nothing as jiana didn’t let them hold any thing else as one to not be as bad as the horde or some nonsense.

As with all of her character shifts, I have no problem with it in isolation I just want blizzard to stop jerking her around back and forth betwene pro peace and pro war with horde like the writers are playing a game of tug of war. Just pick a direction and stick with it.

Except for the whole 'if we strike now we're as bad as Sylvanas' thing that was just stupid.

The direction they took her character was an absolute waste. They literally tried to return her back into her WC 3 form and succeeded, just not in an convincing way. Why the whole journey and all the idiotic flippflopping through BfA no normal being would do is beyond me. Also her becoming fleet admiral is absolute nonsense.

She was a young girl talented in magic and thus sent to Dalaran to master it. She never had a strong connection to the sea, ships, leading fleets and such stuff. Tankred would have been the better, natural, sensible choice. With Jaina maybe starting to study the way and magic of the tidesages and becoming over time their new leader, which would have been way more befitting in my eyes. Or hell, maybe let Jaina even have the goal to build up a new Theramore as a close ally or even vassal of Kul Tiras somewhere, to increase Kul Tiras power, influence and might. Even that would have been better than her becoming the Fleet Admiral and thus leader of Kul Tiras and fucking up Daelin Proudmoores character in an idiotic nonsensical way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    I love the thematic and i love the concept. But her story is way too simple for a character as complex as jaina should be

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    So the Alliance side. This expansion with Kul Tiras was all about Jaina Proudmore. Even before the expansion was released we got the cinematic of "Daughter of the Sea" with an amazing song. First quest in the expansion is us and Jaina walking in the city.

At 120 we got a nice little questline where her and her mother got reunited. She had a flying arcane boat in the assault of Undercity, and from there on, helped us for the rest of the expansion.

The music she had ingame was also in my opinion the most iconic part of the expansion. Not Daughter of the Sea, but the Jaina theme.

Jaina even had her own final boss raid.

Do you guys think Jaina Proudmore had a good story arc this expansion?
    she in BfA was one of the best thing wow has ever had
    it was shame she missed out whole Legion.

would be great, if players met her during order hall campaigns, giving us some hints about legion etc.

5+ Year Old Account
    Out of all the characters in BFA... She's arguably the best character of BFA. Cause tbh, most of the characters got shat on this expansion. Even Saurfang who many people loved including myself, was pretty much shot in the leg and became a honorless bitch. ANd I know I will get someone defending this asshole. Sorry but he lost his Honor. Spent part of the expansion locked up and in hiding, whining about how HIS horde is gone. They butchered his character my dudes and dudettes. Talanji pretty much had half of the expansion and then did... nothing else after the Zandalari joined the horde (Atleast that's what I remember) Baine... Oh poor baine.. He will probably be dead in 2 expansions from now. Honestly though. Jaina had the most spotlight this expansion. She had the most development of every major character in the expansion. She's the best part of BFA. her story alone all the way through to the end, was the best thing of the expansion in my books. All the other major characters fell hard, and that's sad. I liked many of the characters. Poor Rexxar still never got the boat ride he deserved.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    The assault lead to nothing but the Zandalri joining the horde because she was to much of a hippie to let them actual take any thing in the city for a bargaining chip and instead only went for the king.

It ended up was an active determent to the alliance because she was a hippie.
    You dont even know what a hippie is.

Her part in BfA was good, a chapter on her lore is closed.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    Are you joking right now?
    She teleported a ship to shoot undercity...
    I mean what is this?
    She did more mage'y stuff than Azshara did, and apparently Azshara was super uber powerful.
    No, this sucks.
    Teleporting boat sucks.
    Flying boats suck.
    Human Mage being more powerful than any other I have seen in this game sucks.
    "Human potential" sucks.
    If you think her questlines or whatever are "good arc" then you truly need to re-think what a fantasy game/genre is, because teleporting flying boats to shoot a city under siege when everyone else is barely doing sh*t isn't fantasy - it's just plain stupid
    You mean the boat that shows up AFTER everyone has been fighting? Seems you need to rethink what fantasy is because fantasy is full of last minute heroics from uber powerful heroes.

Horde does exactly what Daelin said they would and despite everything the whole conclusion of Kul'Tiras' storyline was that he was wrong to prop up Jaina as Lord Admiral.

Personally, I think Jaina's story started okay but then it derailed into illogical mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    She led the assault on Dazar'alor along with Genn, and you're gonna call that being a "hippie"?

That's a strange way to take that. Also considering how much hate Talanji has for her, I'm going to guess the canon killer of King Rastakhan was Jaina, although I feel like it was also mentioned directly that she did kill him.
    People on these forums are completely binary. You're a genocidal lunatic or a hippie. Or in other's opinion either a genocidal lunatic or an Alliance shill.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I still don't understand why she's the leader of Kul Tiras now when a male heir exists and she's the one responsible for the death of their monarch.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    You mean the boat that shows up AFTER everyone has been fighting? Seems you need to rethink what fantasy is because fantasy is full of last minute heroics from uber powerful heroes.
    Yes and she could've just teleported and used some cool frost spell to save the day, but NOOoooo...
    She had to come WITH A FLYING BOAT
    If I was Undercity defender and at the last minute a flying ship teleported and started bombing the wall I was shooting arrows from I would just laugh at the irony and stupidity of it all...

Worst written character in WoW universe and somehow Christie Golden managed to make her even worse. Her schizophrenia between "KILL ALL THE HORDE" and desire for green cock is tedious for changing every single patch. Not to mention her plot armor saved her on numerous times from the gallows for treason - accomplice in patricide and regicide and effectively destroying Alliance naval superiority, treason in Undercity, purging Sunreavers from Dalaran when they were on the brink of joining the Alliance, just to name a few.
    Last edited by oblakoff; 2020-09-21 at 12:16 PM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Jaina was one of the things I actually liked in BFA.

Jaina became Lord Admiral because Kul Tiras is not a democracy. Katherine was never fit to rule and was incompetent, so she gave the title to Jaina after she forgave her. The main nobles of Kul Tiras supported Jaina because they owed their lives to the Alliance (which Jaina and the player represented). The people doesn't matter, because Kul Tiras is not a democracy. If they have problems with Jaina as Lord Admiral, they are free to rise up in revolution, but something tells me it wouldn't end well for them.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Jaina got a lot of special treatment in BFA and it was incredibly noticeable.It sucks they pretty much recycled Frozen with her character and love of her family. Gave no recognition to you know, not the guy who helped her through her nervous breakdown in Tides of War. (Which made me develop a soft spot for this character. As they had a relationship in several novels) No, no let's sweep that under the rug and she throws him to the curb.

Jaina must be the embodiment of Elsa. Inside and out.

Regardless of all that. They did a good job with her character. I felt out of all the WC3 girls that headlined BFA. She most definitely, made out the best. She also got one of the best boss fights. A lot of people praise Battle of dazar'alor as the best raid in BFA and she survived to live another day.

I'm not sure why Jaina made out the best. Compared to the other two (Sylvanas and Tyrande) that got completely demolished. I didn't think there was a huge Jaina fanbase,but I guess there was? Not entirely sure what happened there.