Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    And come on, the most iconic human mages have to be Jaina and Khadgar.
    Oo humans, yea fer sure. Medivh might fit as well.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Valeera Sanguinar Blood Elf Rogue for sure. Garona Halforcen for Orc Rogue. Khadgar for Human Mage. Zekhan Troll Shaman. Varok Saurfang Orc Warrior. Dranosh Saurfang Warrior -> DK. Rehgar Earthfury Orc Shaman.
    Last edited by MrKnubbles; 2020-09-21 at 01:43 PM.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Oo humans, yea fer sure. Medivh might fit as well.
    Medivh, Jaina, and Khadgar tbh. Aegwynn and Antonidas aren't nearly as famous as them.

Also Orcs have all the Iron horde leaders as iconic ones of their classes

Warrior: Kargath, Blackrock
    Shaman/Priest: Ner'zhul (AU)
    Warlock: Ner'zhul MU
    Hunter: Durotan

Where would you place Kilrogg deadeye - warrior ? or hunter?

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Medivh, Jaina, and Khadgar tbh. Aegwynn and Antonidas aren't nearly as famous as them.
    Jaina would be under Kul'tiran ofc. Oops, I think I forgot Khadgar

Updating list:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Also Orcs have all the Iron horde leaders as iconic ones of their classes

Warrior: Kargath, Blackrock
    Shaman/Priest: Ner'zhul (AU)
    Warlock: Ner'zhul MU
    Hunter: Durotan

Where would you place Kilrogg deadeye - warrior ? or hunter?
    I don't think Ner'zhul qualified as a priest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Valeera Sanguinar Blood Elf Rogue for sure. Garona Halforcen for Orc Rogue. Khadgar for Human Mage. Zekhan Troll Shaman. Varok Saurfang Orc Warrior. Dranosh Saurfang Warrior -> DK.
    Would Valeera qualify as iconic?

- - - Updated - - -

Tauren shaman - Muln Earthfury
    Tauren paladin - Sunwalker Dezco

Draenei shaman - Nobundo, Akama
    Draenei priest - Exarch Maladaar

Worgen warrior - Darius Crowley

Night Elf druid - Fandral Staghelm
    Night Elf warrior - Jarod Shadowsong

Dwarf hunter - Hemet Nesingwary, and Hemet Nesingwary Jr
    Dwarf warrior - Vanndar Stormpike

Gnome mage/warlock - Millhouse Manastorm

Orc dk - Dranosh Saurfang, Teron Gorefiend
    Orc rogue - Garona

Zandalari druid - Wardruid Loti
    Zandalari priest - Hexlord Raal

Also Bolvar was a paladin, not a warrior. Sen'jin was a witch doctor which is more like a shaman/priest hybrid, and Rokhan is a shadow hunter, so more like a hybrid of shaman/hunter.
    thanks.. added the correction

There is also Wardens serving as night elf rogues (they are basically outlaw rogue cusotmisation
    Shandris Feathermoon is a Warrior/hunter

Elisande qualifies as both Night elf mage and Nightborne.
    Darth'remar as a fanous Night elf mage. [although he also leads the high elves, don'tthink he ever looked like one) but he may have done, so he can path as both.

Cairne and Baine are also hunters, they are hunter/warriors
    Durotan of the is an ORc hunter.

Turalyon would be a paladin.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Would Valeera qualify as iconic?
    She's a noteworthy character in the comics plus she also has many appearances in-game. I'd say she's iconic enough since she was selected to be the default Rogue character in Hearthstone.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

I don't think Ner'zhul qualified as a priest.
    AU Ner'zhul is full on shadow priest

Magni is a warrior, mountain king, same as Muradin. The only shamanic bit about him is that he was chosen by Azertoh to be her speaker, but he doesn't seem to wield any shamanic powers at all. He is however referred to as militant leader of ironforge dwarves and just as good of a warrior as Muradin.

Falstad and Kurdran are both gryphon riders, who are not a class in WoW, but as wildhammer fighters closely attended to nature (storm and wind) who imbue their weapons with lighting, I think they would most closely be represented by shaman (enhance) class.

Brann isn't a rogue, never shown to be using anything rogue related like stealthing or fighting with daggers or poisons. He is an explorer, so I wouldn't try and put a class tag on him, but if I had to I would how with hunter, since he on occasions have been shown to use a rifle and iirc has a pet gorilla.

Mylra should be mentioned as iconic dwarf shaman (dwarf companion from shaman class hall who assists player in recovering doomhammer and is one of key characters in shaman class hall campaign, also quest giver in Deepholm - that chick that tosses filthy ogre into skyship turbine).

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Very interesting. you're the guy that did the post on real life basis for each race huh? Great post - shame it got locked, you should put it on a blog somewhere or put it on another forum .. although reddit users don't seem to like big posts, official forums too.

I had a glance through your list, very extensive, and well reasoned, but does it have to be only one spec for a class? I would be interested to see you gather data on say the top 4 specs for each.

I know not every race would have that many relevant classes having little to know definition outside one class, although you could get creative and suggest how they can be extended.

Some races on the other hand, like humans, Nelves, Orc actually have very strong basis for more than 4, in which case by all means give their full range. I do think that iconic characters are the most emphatic guide, they trump racials and opening stats because those are given for gameplay mechanics reasons (influenced by lore ofc), but sometimes a race can have several, and they picked one that speaks to one aspect, but other aspects exist.

Would like to hear your thoughts.

Very interesting. you're the guy that did the post on real life basis for each race huh? Great post - shame it got locked, you should put it on a blog somewhere or put it on another forum .. although reddit users don't seem to like big posts, official forums too.

I had a glance through your list, very extensive, and well reasoned, but does it have to be only one spec for a class? I would be interested to see you gather data on say the top 4 specs for each.

I know not every race would have that many relevant classes having little to know definition outside one class, although you could get creative and suggest how they can be extended.

Some races on the other hand, like humans, Nelves, Orc actually have very strong basis for more than 4, in which case by all means give their full range. I do think that iconic characters are the most emphatic guide, they trump racials and opening stats because those are given for gameplay mechanics reasons (influenced by lore ofc), but sometimes a race can have several, and they picked one that speaks to one aspect, but other aspects exist.

Would like to hear your thoughts.
    Yeah... these forum rules are way too strict
    Personally, i would suggest Aucald to keep such invested threads open, and just delete or edit inappropriate comments, but unforutnately, i'm not a moderator...

For your request, i've got one answer: Allied races.
    They kind of fill the niches that were missing from the main races.

Racial iconic class: (RPG sources)
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Racial_iconic_class
    Last edited by username993720; 2020-09-22 at 02:45 PM.

Yeah... these forum rules are way too strict
    Personally, i would suggest Aucald to keep such invested threads open, and just delete or edit inappropriate comments, but unforutnately, i'm not a moderator...

For your request, i've got one answer: Allied races.
    They kind of fill the niches that were missing from the main races.

Racial iconic class: (RPG sources)
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Racial_iconic_class
    That would be the logical and even main use of allied races especially for lore enhancement, immersion, fantasy for role play, but not the only one as we know those aren’t the only considerations- they do provide options tho. Good ones.

The New
    We know some allied races venture it new extensions of a race. Void elves are the perfect example, where adding them as a small blood elf sect would not allow them justice. But as an allied race, they can really home in on a new venture for Thalassian elves. The void. Especially since so many races hug the light side.

Doubling Down
    Others double down on existing themes. Lightforge Draenei are the example here and would allow the Draenei to have other focuses like their crystals, magi-tech and Rangari type figures while Lightforge really open up the full capacity of the Light beyond religious settings. Another example would be A pure forest race for NElves would be another example like NElf worgen to go full on forest elf animal hybrid I know @Mace suggested in his Night elf thread.

Huge Parts of a Race
    Others do as you say. Show a particular existing focus on a race - in some cases it’s warranted. Nightborne are the perfect example. Highborne shen’dralar really don’t do justice to the major aspect of Kaldorei lore that their arcane side is. And it would require much to fit them in - hoggi. The limelight from the Wc3 forest side. Yet it’s a major part of them.

An allied race like Nightborne is perfect. It can be a much bigger focus there and breathe without needing to interfere too much with the Darnassians while doing it justice and not leaving it as an ignored group.

man’ari Eredar would be another example of where this would work well as an allied race showing that demonic/ warlock caster side of the Eredar but too at odds with the anti Sargeras stance the Draenei are founded on

Cosmetic and Flavour Stories
    Finally. Others are just appearance alterations saved by giving them unique stories, tales of just a different group of a race. Highmountain are an example of this, as a Kul’tirans, a nod to Wc2.

They serve many purposss. It isn’t just one. But I believe they are most meaningful in the way void elves and nightborne show. I.e extending a race in a huge way you don’t want to alter the original to accommodate or in the case of the NElves is highlighting a significant part of them you didn’t get a chance to properly show.
    Last edited by Beloren; 2020-09-22 at 08:23 PM.

That would be the logical and even main use of allied races especially for lore enhancement, immersion, fantasy for role play, but not the only one as we know those aren’t the only considerations- they do provide options tho. Good ones.

The New
    We know some allied races venture it new extensions of a race. Void elves are the perfect example, where adding them as a small blood elf sect would not allow them justice. But as an allied race, they can really home in on a new venture for Thalassian elves. The void. Especially since so many races hug the light side.

Doubling Down
    Others double down on existing themes. Lightforge Draenei are the example here and would allow the Draenei to have other focuses like their crystals, magi-tech and Rangari type figures while Lightforge really open up the full capacity of the Light beyond religious settings. Another example would be A pure forest race for NElves would be another example like NElf worgen to go full on forest elf animal hybrid.

Huge Parts of a Race
    Others do as you say. Show a particular existing focus on a race - in some cases it’s warranted. Nightborne are the perfect example. Highborne shen’dralar really don’t do justice to the major aspect of Kaldorei lore that their arcane side is. And it would require much to fit them in - hoggi. The limelight from the Wc3 forest side. Yet it’s a major part of them.

An allied race like Nightborne is perfect. It can be a much bigger focus there and breathe without needing to interfere too much with the Darnassians while doing it justice and not leaving it as an ignored group.

man’ari Eredar would be another example of where this would work well as an allied race showing that demonic/ warlock caster side of the Eredar but too at odds with the anti Sargeras stance the Draenei are founded on

Finally. Others are just appearance alterations saved by giving them unique stories, tales of just a different group of a race. Highmountain are an example of this, as a Kul’tirans, a nod to Wc2.

They serve many purposss. It isn’t just one. But I believe they are most meaningful in the way void elves and nightborne show. I.e extending a race in a huge way you don’t want to alter the original to accommodate or in the case of the NElves is highlighting a significant part of them you didn’t get a chance to properly show.
    A pure forest race would be the Sylvar from Ardenweald.

I don't know about Man'ari Eredar, but the Krokul from Argus definitely seems like a plausible option.

Here are some examples from my previous threads:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...e-allied-races

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...l-future-races

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    How could you forget a (Gnome) Warlock as renowned as Wilfred Fizzlebang? One so powerful as to single handedly summon Jaraxxus, Eredar Lord of the Burning Legion?

The New

Doubling Down
    Others double down on existing themes. Lightforge Draenei are the example here and would allow the Draenei to have other focuses like their crystals, magi-tech and Rangari type figures while Lightforge really open up the full capacity of the Light beyond religious settings. Another example would be A pure forest race for NElves would be another example like NElf worgen to go full on forest elf animal hybrid I know @Mace suggested in his Night elf thread.

Huge Parts of a Race

Blizzard didn’t have to make Nightborne to show that part, they could have played up the Highborne more. But it is a lot better that they did. It allows a much broader focus on the arcane side of the Night elves than a caste amongst the Darnassians would have allowed.

So It’s an excellent use of allied races. Together: Night elf, Nightborne and NElf worgen do the Kaldorei full justice. Both nature and the arcane are huge aspects that entire race can be devoted too but because of their huge unique tradition in both because of the detailed pre sundering lore and Druidic vigil lore. Dedicated races are appropriate. Whereas the main race touches all and allows the female led Amazonian warriors to shine as its leaders. Druids touch the forest worgen race and Highborne mages touch the Nightborne arcane caster race

As an aside, Nightborne could have easily looked exactly like night elves, but they were supposed to have been starved and drinking arcane to live. So they had to be skinny - this is good. Gives the feel you are playing a different race though you aren’t. And I would generally prefer allied race maximise the creative options in presenting alternative ways they could have visualised the core race

They mentioned that the re modelled races in 6.0 had to be close to the originals. Allied races are their opportunities to show us more extravagant remakes

- - - Updated - - -

A pure forest race would be the Sylvar from Ardenweald.
    l]
    Yes, they’d be a pure forest race, but then so would Crnarians (dryads/keepers) and so would nightbelf worgen who’ve been living in pure nature realm for thousands of years.

If you wanted to extend and explore the Druidic aspect of the night elf in greater depth, to show a lot more, this freeing up the main race to be more balanced and perhaps Priestess led, then you’d want NELf worgen as that would also give a worgen allied race simultaneously freeing the Gilnean worgen to be more focused on Eastern kingdom affairs.

If you wanted a brand new race that captured a pure and alien forest feel then you want Sylvar.

And you can have both. Their is room for more allied races and Worgen NElves doubling down as Enog puts it on the purée forest side of the NElves works and a new quad of races based on the shadowlands folks can also come

[QUOTE=EnigmAddict;52660382]Trying to go through each race and level toons based on classes that have characters which are iconic. Can't think of one for every race though so need help.

So far I have:

Blood Elf:
    Mage: [Kael'thas/Rommath/Aethas/Anastarin, Darth'remar (post-exile)]
    Hunter [Lor'themar, Windrunners x4, Halduron]
    Paladin [Liadrin]
    Rogue: Valeera Sanguinar
    DH: Kayn Sunfury

(can't think of anyone else that is iconic level - though there are some decent characters in other classes, Valeera and Kayn for e.g.)

Nightborne:
    Mage: Thalyssra, Valtrois, Occuleth, Elisande

(Silgryn for warrior? Although he isn't that iconic tbh)

Night Elf:
    Mage [Azshara/Xavius/Farondis, Elisande, Illidan, Darth'remar]
    Druid: [Malfurion, Fandral Staghelm, Broll, Nar'thalax]
    Demon Hunter: [Illidan]
    Priest: [Tyrande]
    Warrior: [Jarod Shadowsong], [Shandris Feathermoon]
    Hunter: Shandris
    Rogue: Maiev, Sira (all Wardens)

(can't think of anymore really, that are iconic level, Mordant Evenshade perhaps?)

Void Elf
    Hunter: Alleria
    Mage: Umbric

Orc
    Shaman: Thrall, Drek'thar, Aggra, Ner'zhul
    Warrior: Garrosh, Grom x2, Ogrim, Varok Saurfang
    Warlock: Gul'dan, Ner'zhul
    Hunter: Rexxar
    DK; Danosh Saurfang, Teron Gorefiend
    Rogue: Garona Halforcen

Human
    Warrior: Varian, Anduin Lothar,
    Paladin: Uther, Turalyon, Tirion, Arthas (Morgraine formerly)
    DK: Arthas, Bolvar, Morgraine
    Priest: Anduin Wyrnn, Benedictus
    Mage: Antonaidas, Aegwyn, Medivh
    Rogue: Matthias Shaw

Kul'tiran:
    Mage: Jaina
    Tidesage/Shaman: Brother Pike
    Rogue: Flynn/Tandred Proudmore
    Warrior: Daelin Proudmore

(how would you categorise Lord Stormsong and Lady Waycrest - Priest/druid? or Mages?)

Forsaken
    Hunter: Nathanos
    Mage: Meryl Firestorm
    Rogue: Lilian Voss
    Priest: Calia Menethils, Alonsus Faol

Worgen
    Warrior: Genn Greymane, Darius Crowley

Draenei
    Priest: Velen, Maladaar
    Paladin: Yrel, Maraad
    Mage: Archimonde
    Shaman: Nobundo

Lightforged
    Paladin - Turalyon?

Gnome:
    Tinker: Gelbin Mekkatorque
    Rogue: Kelsey
    Mage: Millhouse Manastorm

Mechagnome
    Warrior/Tinkert: Prince Erazmin

Darkspear:
    Hunter: Vol'jin, Sen'jin, Rokhan
    Warrior: Vol'jin/Rokhan
    Shaman: Sen'jin Witch Doctor Zalazane (on Echo Isles)
    Druid: Zentabra

Zandalari:
    Paladin: Talanji
    Warrior: Rastakhan
    Priest: Zhul, Talanji, Hexlord Raal
    Shaman: Talanji, Hexlord Raal

[would Wardruid Loti qualify as iconic though?)

Tauren:
    Warrior: Cairne & Baine Bloodhoof
    Hunter; Cairne, Baine
    Shaman; Magatha Grimtotem, Muln Earthfury
    Druid: Hamuul Runetotem

(Would Sunwalker Dezco qualify as iconic? I don't really know him)

Highmountain:
    Warrior: Huln, Mayla
    Shaman: Rivermane lady
    Hunter: Skytotem tribe guy with the eagles

Dwarf:
    Shaman: Magni? Falstaad?
    Warrior: Muradin, Kudrann?
    Rogue: Brann?
    Priest: Moira
    Hunter: Hemet Nesingwary and Junior

Dark Iron
    Mage: Thaurissian
    Shaman?

Goblin
    Tinker: Gazlowe
    Scumbag (Rogue): Gallywix
    Mage: Alakahzam ? (does he even qualify?)

Vulpera
    Rogue: Don't remember their names

Pandaren
    Monk - i mean like every pandaren we know.
    Chen Stormstout, Lili, Taran Zhu, Ji Firepaw - to name a few, all monks

Currently I think blizzard is serious about race/class combos htey have icnoci characters in, yes I know it seems some races are very far from that, but that's just a time illusion, if they don't come to a character or class in a race for a while, people start forgetting that race does that class very well. Classic example is blood elves, people now think of them as Light experts, and don't even have them as mages number 1 anymore - just becuase blizzard hasn't showcased Belf mages for a while.

But i think if they have powerful legendary characters in a race

- - - Updated - - -

So You reckon I've got all them?

EDIT UPDATE:
    Added: - thanks to all who provided corrections and additions.. keep em coming.

Moira Thaurissian/Bronzebeard - Priest
    Hamuul Runetotem - Tauren Druid
    Darius Morgraine - Human DK
    Millhouse Manastorm - Gnome Mage
    Talanji - switched to Paladin/Priest

__EDIT-_ add 2, added more Ulfric

Tauren shaman - Muln Earthfury
    Tauren paladin - Sunwalker Dezco
    Draenei shaman - Nobundo, Akama
    Draenei priest - Exarch Maladaar
    Worgen warrior - Darius Crowley

Night Elf druid - Fandral Staghelm
    Night Elf warrior - Jarod Shadowsong

Dwarf hunter - Hemet Nesingwary, and Hemet Nesingwary Jr
    Dwarf warrior - Vanndar Stormpike

Gnome mage/warlock - Millhouse Manastorm

Orc dk - Dranosh Saurfang, Teron Gorefiend
    Orc rogue - Garona

Zandalari druid - Wardruid Loti
    Zandalari priest - Hexlord Raal
    Human Stormwind
    Paladin/Warrior/Priest/Mage/Rogue/DK/Warlock/Hunter
    Turalyon/Varian/Faol/Jaina/Shaw/Thassarian/Ebonlocke/Nathanos

Dwarf Bronzebeard
    Warrior/Hunter/Priest
    Muradin/Brann/Moira

Gnome
    Warrior/Rogue/Mage
    Mekkatorque/Millificent/Millhouse

Kaldorei
    Druid/Priest/Hunter/DH
    Malfurion/Tyrande/Shandris/Illidan

Draenei
    Priest/Paladin
    Velen/Maraad

Worgen
    warrior/Rogue/Druid
    Genn/Ivar/Celestine

Tushui
    Monk
    Alyssa

Rendorei
    mage/Hunter
    Ulric/Alleria

Lightforged
    Warrior/Paladin
    Blademaster/Fareeha

Dark Iron
    Warlock/Priest/Warrior/Rogue

Kul Tiran
    Warrior/Rogue/Shaman/Druid/Hunter

Mechagnome
    Warrior/Rogue
    Erazmin

Quote Originally Posted by Siraeyou View Post
    How could you forget a (Gnome) Warlock as renowned as Wilfred Fizzlebang? One so powerful as to single handedly summon Jaraxxus, Eredar Lord of the Burning Legion?
    Haha, I remember that ! Jaraxxus !!

Koltira Deathweaver - Blood Elf DK