Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    You do know people that voted incomes doesn't represent the wealth of a state since most people don't vote right? around 50% of the US population doesn't vote with 2016 having the lowest overall turn out. You may as well be linking the incomes of people who watch reality shows to indicate the GDP of states.
    That’s nice.

I wasn’t talking about states. I was talking about Republicans being wealthier than Democrats.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    SNIP
    https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-a...iverging-fast/

With their output surging as a result of the big-city tilt of the decade’s “winner-take-most” economy, Democratic districts have seen their median household income soar in a decade—from $54,000 in 2008 to $61,000 in 2018. By contrast, the income level in Republican districts began slightly higher in 2008, but then declined from $55,000 to $53,000.

Underlying these changes have been eye-popping shifts in economic performance. Democratic-voting districts have seen their GDP per seat grow by a third since 2008, from $35.7 billion to $48.5 billion a seat, whereas Republican districts saw their output slightly decline from $33.2 billion to $32.6 billion.

Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    That’s nice.

I wasn’t talking about states. I was talking about Republicans being wealthier than Democrats.
    That's nice

I am pointing out that's not all republicans and democrats not even close.

A lot of people don't understand the difference between "districts" and "people".
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile, guess who supports gun control, when it means stocking up fear in support of Trump:

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    They broke the law. Did not have a license to carry a firearm concealed would be one. A felon. Also, pretty damn stupid to do that near a candidate's for President's rally.
    Trump supporters shouldn’t bring their guns to pro gun rally, like a Trump shit show? Why is that? I think this is far more relevant in the gun control thread, then elections:

Meanwhile this happened yesterday near the place where Trump was having a rally here in my state of Ohio.....https://www.foxnews.com/us/2-face-ch...s-near-airport

Two Virginia residents were arrested on Monday after they were found walking on railroad tracks behind an Ohio airport with a backpack containing a gun and ammunition before President Trump was set to conduct a rally nearby, according to authorities.

John Davison, 38, and Vicki Davison, 33, both of Virginia Beach, were both arrested behind Toledo Executive Airport in Lake Township, Ohio, which is a reliever airport for the city’s main Eugene F. Kranz Toledo Express Airport, where the rally was being held about 20 miles away.

FBI and Secret Service agents were involved in the ongoing investigation into the pair, authorities said, according to Bowling Green's The Sentinel-Tribune.

They were each charged with making terrorist threats; carrying a concealed weapon; inducing panic, and criminal trespassing after their arrests that involved the Secret Service because Trump was at the rally nearby, The Sentinel-Tribune reported.
    Solid argument for police taking our guns...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is why I fully support the requirement we have here in Ohio to take a course on firearms before you can get your conceal carry license. A large part of that class, deals with how to safely carry and use a firearm.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/police-sa...rmarket-report

An Oregon man who was in line at a supermarket Sunday accidentally shot himself in the groin while showing off a handgun and just missed hitting his femoral artery, a report said, citing police.

The Oregonian newspaper reported that police said Nicholas J. Ellingford, 29, accidentally pulled the trigger of the Glock 9mm while putting the firearm back into his pants. The shot reportedly entered through his groin and exited his thigh.

Police said the incident occurred inside a McKay’s Market in Lincoln City, Fox 12 reported. Ellingford was showing the gun to a friend, police said.

Ellingford did not have a concealed handgun license and his act was found to be reckless since it placed several people in danger," police said, according to Fox 12.

- - - Updated - - -

Another good video from Colion Noir.

" If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why I fully support the requirement we have here in Ohio to take a course on firearms before you can get your conceal carry license. A large part of that class, deals with how to safely carry and use a firearm.
    Well, it’s a good thing you have a choice in the upcoming election, to make these gun control measure universal.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Update on Miller v Becerra. Good to see this judge is doing the right thing. He's protecting the 2nd amendment in many cases that Becerra is being sued for.

U.S.A. –-(AmmoLand.com)- Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) announced that Southern District of California Federal District Court Judge Roger T. Benitez has issued an order denying the State of California’s partial motion to dismiss in the case of Miller, et al. v. California Attorney General Xavier Becerra, et al., an FPC-led federal lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of California’s “assault weapons” ban on common semi-automatic firearms. The Court’s order is available online at AssaultWeaponLawsuit.com.

The order, filed today, states that, regarding the issue of standing, the “Court finds Plaintiffs have standing on all claims in large part flowing from the criminal penalties they could face.” Explaining that California’s Roberti-Roos Assault Weapons Control Act of 1989 “imposes a felony criminal penalty for anyone who manufactures, distributes, imports, keeps for sale, offers for sale, or lends an ‘assault weapon’,” with “prescribed prison sentences [of] four, six, or eight years,” the Court’s order said that the “result is that any law-abiding citizen may lose his liberty, and (not ironically) his Second Amendment rights, as a result of exercising his constitutional right to keep and bear arms if the arm falls within the complicated legal definition of an ‘assault weapon.’” It went on, “If ever the existence of a state statute had a chilling effect on the exercise of a constitutional right, this is it.”

Thus, the Court held, “It has long been the case that a plaintiff possesses Article III standing to bring a pre-enforcement challenge to a state statute which regulates the exercise of a federal constitutional right and threatens a criminal penalty.” And while the “Defendants argue that Plaintiffs lack standing to challenge seven particular statutes among all of the various interlocking statutes affecting the regulation of guns deemed assault weapons,” the Court “finds to the contrary, that at least one and perhaps all of the Plaintiffs have Article III standing to challenge each of the statutes — whether singly or as an entire regulatory scheme. To sum up, the Court finds that the individual Plaintiffs and the organizational Plaintiffs have standing to challenge the nuisance statute along with the rest of the statutory scheme which defines, identifies and restricts ‘assault weapons’ which are alleged to be protected by the Second Amendment for possession and use by law-abiding citizens for lawful purposes.” Accordingly, the case will proceed.

Already pending before the Court is the plaintiffs’ motion for preliminary injunction, filed last December. That motion was originally set for a March hearing, but circumstances surrounding COVID-19 delayed the hearing. According to that motion, the plaintiffs are seeking a “preliminary injunction” and “an order enjoining Defendants Attorney General Xavier Becerra and his agent, servants, employees, and those working in active concert with him, from enforcing or giving effect to California Penal Code sections 30515 (a) and (b), 30600, 30605, 30800, 30910, 30915, 30925, 30945, 30950, 31000, and 31005, as well as Title 11, California Code of Regulations section 5460 and 5471 during the pendency of this action.” The Court was subsequently informed that the plaintiffs will also seek relief against the newest expansion of the State’s “assault weapon” ban, enacted in Senate Bill 118 passed and signed into law by Governor Gavin Newsom, a radical anti-Constitutionalist, this year.

“We are delighted with Judge Benitez’s order denying the State’s motion to dismiss and look forward to moving on to litigating our pending preliminary injunction motion,” said Adam Kraut, FPC’s Director of Legal Strategy. “As the order points out, the criminal penalties associated with a violation of the challenged laws can result in imprisonment and the loss of one’s ability to exercise their fundamental, individual Second Amendment rights. That’s why this case is so important to ensuring that people will no longer face those criminal penalties for responsibly exercising their rights.”

“Today’s order means that this important lawsuit will move forward as quickly as possible,” explained FPC President Brandon Combs. “Under the Supreme Court’s Heller, McDonald, and Caetano decisions, the plaintiffs and all law-abiding People have a right to keep and bear these common semi-automatic arms for all lawful purposes. We will continue to work through this case and others to restore the full scope of Second Amendment rights in California and throughout the United States.”
    https://www.ammoland.com/2020/09/law...moves-forward/
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Update on Miller v Becerra. Good to see this judge is doing the right thing. He's protecting the 2nd amendment in many cases that Becerra is being sued for.
    That is good news! I hope they are successful with this case and the ban in Cal. on a commonly used rifle in the rest of the country is overthrown.

Here is another really good video on gun control. While it is 7 years old, the points are still valid for today and it was produced by ABC news, back when they where a good news source.

" If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

That is good news! I hope they are successful with this case and the ban in Cal. on a commonly used rifle in the rest of the country is overthrown.

Here is another really good video on gun control. While it is 7 years old, the points are still valid for today and it was produced by ABC news, back when they where a good news source.

He struck down the magazine ban too.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

And if we're right about whoever gets nominated, suddenly 2A cases will get cert and Roberts can't be an obstacle anymore. Hell he'd probably suddenly find his nerve and join a 6-3 ruling to reassert and vindicate Heller.

gee you missed the biggest myth of all, that anyone wants to take away all your guns.

you know that huge myth you all have been propagating for decades against democrats. that's not what gun control is.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    snip
    Just out of curiosity do you have me on ignore or are you just unable to answer any questions and are here only to post propaganda?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Just out of curiosity do you have me on ignore or are you just unable to answer any questions and are here only to post propaganda?
    Looks like both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    And if we're right about whoever gets nominated, suddenly 2A cases will get cert and Roberts can't be an obstacle anymore. Hell he'd probably suddenly find his nerve and join a 6-3 ruling to reassert and vindicate Heller.
    Yeah. I hope that happens. However, I do not consider Roberts a conservative judge. He is a moderate and could vote ether way on a case. But having 5 conservative judges on the bench, should help in getting some of these unconstitutional laws in some states on the Second amendment at least ruled on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-a...iverging-fast/

With their output surging as a result of the big-city tilt of the decade’s “winner-take-most” economy, Democratic districts have seen their median household income soar in a decade—from $54,000 in 2008 to $61,000 in 2018. By contrast, the income level in Republican districts began slightly higher in 2008, but then declined from $55,000 to $53,000.

Underlying these changes have been eye-popping shifts in economic performance. Democratic-voting districts have seen their GDP per seat grow by a third since 2008, from $35.7 billion to $48.5 billion a seat, whereas Republican districts saw their output slightly decline from $33.2 billion to $32.6 billion.

it's very interesting, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    gee you missed the biggest myth of all, that anyone wants to take away all your guns.

you know that huge myth you all have been propagating for decades against democrats. that's not what gun control is.
    You're still perpetuating the myth that when folks discuss a gun ban, if it's not a complete ban it's not a ban. So if you look at a video discussing banning some types of weapons and reply "at least you'll have revolvers", don't be surprised if you're just talking past folks. You're just not having the same conversation.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    You're still perpetuating the myth that when folks discuss a gun ban, if it's not a complete ban it's not a ban. So if you look at a video discussing banning some types of weapons and reply "at least you'll have revolvers", don't be surprised if you're just talking past folks. You're just not having the same conversation.
    a myth? You have whole organizations that feeds off the "myth" that the democrats are coming for ALL your guns when that is patently false.

Most of the posters here have clearly stated that the last two presidential candidates were going to abolish the 2A outright and take away all guns. Most of the posters here made it very clear that Obama was coming for ALL your guns.

But i am the one?

Everything has limits/limitations in the constitution.
    Is the limitations of the 1A a "ban on free speech"? not being able to yell "fire"....is a "ban on free speech"?

Why is the 2A any different?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. I hope that happens. However, I do not consider Roberts a conservative judge. He is a moderate and could vote ether way on a case. But having 5 conservative judges on the bench, should help in getting some of these unconstitutional laws in some states on the Second amendment at least ruled on.
    Whoot save the 2A, destroy several others and trample all over your other rights.

Sounds like something to celebrate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Seems to be a pattern amongst a particular group of people these days. They have no interest beyond their own.
    They use any excuse to feel "offended" and make opposing views disappear. (hell one famous "ignore-er" threatened to ignore someone over the use of Your vs You're because it was offensive and it attacked him personally)

Previous forum that was my previous fav had the same problem to the point they organized as a group to report en'mass the same people and get people to ignore others through intimidation and badgering. The site one day did a mass ban of the whole lot of them after an investigation of their IM's.

It turns a discussion forum into basically a place to post and run. Turns into advertising and bot behavior.

No idea how you can function on this board with that many people on ignore. I guess it just helps you hear what you want to hear.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Don't you hate how truth and facts get in the way of your propaganda?
    It's much easier to just ignore the truth so it can't pester you.

This entire thread is one giant propaganda machine, hell I could even stretch so far as to call it a conspiracy theory with these 2A people how they act like the world is out to get them
    You left out the part where its now turned into the home shopping network and bragging about what guns you own!
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Hell he'd probably suddenly find his nerve and join a 6-3 ruling to reassert and vindicate Heller.
    That ain't the Roberts I know. Maybe if he can find sufficiently fancy verbiage to make it sound high-minded enough for his sensibilities though.